Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Espi's V6 Relationship Planning Thread; who needs funny thread titles
Topic Started: Jan 20 2015, 02:50 PM (1,395 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey all! These are my four concepts for V6, so feel free to check them out if you're in need of a friend/enemy/whatever. Message me if you've got any specific plans! In particular I'd love to see some enemies, since it's often easier to find things in common.

Name: Alice Baker
Grade: Junior
Interests: Reading, violin, blogging, writing fanfiction, drawing
Brief Biography: Has a big sister, bullied a lot by said sister. Quiet and timid, somewhat passive and submissive in conflicts, intelligent and surprisingly witty
Current relationships:
-Oskar Pearce (Sansa; awkward friends)
-Bryony Adams (Pippin; childhood friends)
-Abby Floyd (Wes; friends)
-Kiziah Saraki (Gianni; friendly acquaintances)
-Jen Su (CondorTalon; friends)
-----
Name: Henry Spencer
Grade: Junior
Interests: Cryptids, conspiracies, trivia, horror, fishing
Brief Biography: Single child, on the Asperger spectrum. Talkative, cheerful and enthusiastic, though he lacks tact.
Current relationships:
-Josh Bracewell (Sansa; friend)
-Cameron Herrig (Deamon; friend)
-----
Name: Blair Moore
Grade: Senior
Interests: Internet, roller derby, poetry, science
Brief Biography: Full of herself, has cystic fibrosis, Tumblrite, not always awful but kind of arrogant/aloof
Current relationships:
-Caedyn Miller (DuckyB; former besties)
Edited by Espi, Feb 2 2016, 09:17 PM.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These are cool kids. I dig these kids.

Abby and Alice might be friends! She tends to reach out to more introverted people and they might be able to bond over violin/banjo jam sessions and delicious cupcakes.

Henry and Ulysses could probably get along pretty well. Ulysses is into just about anything weird, and he doesn't give a shit about tact, so I could see them buddying up. Helen on the other hand would probably clash with Ulysses, since outside of debate he's a slacker to the max.

Jacob and Isaac would probably butt heads, especially since given that Kingman's a smaller area, they probably ran into each other growing up. He's one to hold a grudge, so if they knew each other when Isaac was an outright bully, he'd be inclined to still treat him with at least distrust if not outright hostility.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds great @all.

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
Gary would probably get along with Alice and that's it! Would probably have a long-standing dislike of Isaac, them growing up together and Gary seeming to be a natural target for bullies.

Jack shares Helen's interest in both theatre and history, and is sociable enough to be her friend. He'd also probably appreciate Henry's sense of humor.

I can see Tabby getting along with Henry, but probably not Helen. Helen would likely see her as unmotivated, given her lack of extracurricular activities.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
As always:

You have female characters. I have Dante Valiero. Bio here, he's at least known to every girl in the school, since he's flirted with all of them at least once over the years. How they respond to that is totally up to you, but yes, at least once a tall handsome Italian boy has swanned up to them, handed them a rose and called them beautiful. It's what he does.

Anyway! Dante might get on with Isaac, being an easy-going partier type. He'd disapprove of Isaac picking on others but in the interest of keeping the peace he wouldn't really say anything (except maybe a casual "dude, why d'you have to say stuff like that?"). Alice seems like the type who would get under Moira's mask a little- Moira would see herself in her and be a lot nicer to her than she generally is. She'd probably also be fascinated by Helen from a distance, since she admires outgoing theater-types, but she wouldn't actually talk to her.

I'd be interested in seeing how Helen and Ivy might interact. She's bossy and kind of a drama queen herself, and certainly ambitious, but she's not exactly a nice person. I could see them as casual friends or frenemies.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alice:
Lily would probably get along with her well, being both introverted as well and also being into reading. So something to bond over while also being able to easily give each other space when socializing is too much.

Henry:
I feel like he's the kind of guy that Danny wouldn't personally have anything against, but if his friends started going 'lol what a weirdo' Danny would kinda just half-heartedly agree if Henry wasn't around to stay cool.

Helen:
Clarice would probably like her, being also motivated and having an interest in history.

Isaac:
While I would normally say Danny would get along with him, the fact that he's enemies with Danny's twin brother, Jacob, kinda complicates things. I think it would depend on the level of vitrol there. Could go with Danny ignoring the feud to stay out of drama, or Danny backing up his twin brother because, sure, Jacob's weird but you don't fuck with the Brooks twins. Also Clarice wouldn't like him, particularly given his habit of picking on people. She'd call him out on that if she ever saw him doing it/heard the really mean jokes.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've updated the first post with the things I went, "oh yeah sounds great!" at.

Things I liked;-Jack/Helen friends, Dante/Isaac friends, Ivy/Helen frenemies, Moira/Alice friends (I think maybe pre-revamp of Moira's personality? Sound alright?), and Danny/Isaac enemies.

As for Dante and Helen/Alice, Alice would think he's sweet but be somewhat mortified by any advance, and Helen might think he's cute but not really return his advances.

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
UPDATED with two new concepts!

Legacy70
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
My character Calvin is probably familiar with Isaac and Vanessa, but for different reasons. He probably knows Vanessa relatively well, as he is also a martial artist and has probably encountered her before. Possibly acquaintances, friends, or neither. On the other hand, Calvin has probably tried starting (or succeeded in starting) a fight with Issac, most likely because Calvin can't stand even any kind of bully, and doesn't have much self-control in that aspect. So... they're probably not on the greatest of terms. Thoughts?

Teive
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
BartholomewNathanialRichard
AliceI think they'd probably get along based on the arts, though there'd be the classic extrovert/introvert conflict. Though B is less focused on dragging people out of their shells then lots of extroverts, he just may be exhaustingProbably seen as lower social status by Nathanial, who is also a total boss. I don't know if 'enemy' is the right word, but Nathanial definitely looks down on Alice and will make mean comments whenever the chance comes upIf Richard notices her, he also fits into the 'bossy' category, but for different reasons. Odds are a lack of relationship though
HenryI think fast friends. The lack of tact will be interesting, the positive world view will be intoxiacting, and bizarre is B's bread and butter. He may find B too weird though, especially if he's on the spectrum. Goth kid, will be mocked mercilessly. Though if he's on the golf team, he'll have a better time of it. Probably has been the target of misconstrued attempts at being a 'man'. Teasing, threats of violence. Probably has apologized but without sincerity
HelenI think the theater connection would be good, but in the interest of hunting for animosity, the unabashed weirdness can be seen as slacking in becoming a real person. Respects student council, and is probably willing to spread nasty rumours about competition if they got along. Or has spread nasty rumour about that.Respects the idea of Helen's authority, but definitely thinks it should be a guy [him] in the position instead
IsaacI feel like I need to know a little bit more about him here to really hash out how the two would interact. Though Bartholomew was 'the new kid' in grade 10, so maybe there was some pranking there?Jock, so immediate respect. Probably loves seeing the pranks on the kids in the other 'cliques'. Likely to be the one to add a snotty bon mot for when the person being pranked it at their lowestAthlete and Partier, so probably acquainted. I think I'd want them to actually interact a bit to figure out how they pay off each other
RyderI imagine Bartholomew thinks that Ryder is BORING. Basketball? Yep.
Loves Jesus?
Yep.
[Though Ryder may notice that Nathanial's knowledge of the bible is... somewhat lacking]
I think they would agree with a lot of socially conservative ideas, which may draw them together if the rest of the class is particularly liberal.
VanessaProbably acquainted, but I don't see anything that would draw them together positively or negativelyProbably really down on your sexuality due to seeing the expression of it as 'a sin'. Thinks robotics is for nerds. [Sexuality was ambiguous, proceeding as if it's homosexual]

Doesn't believe in lesbians. Probably has made comments about how you just need 'a good dicking'.

What do you think? Any of those sound interesting?
V6 Potential

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Re: your new concepts:

The spiel, as always, applies to Vanessa. Besides that, Dante would probably get along fine with Ryder, being the religious type. Moira would probably take issue with Ryder, since her faux-personality is intensely liberal.

EDIT: I just noticed you already posted about them in my thread. I'm an idiot, whoops. I wonder if Ryder might have mixed feelings about Dante? They'd definitely see each other at church. We're in total agreement about Vanessa though ^^
Edited by Fenris, Feb 4 2015, 12:38 AM.
v7 kids

the future

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kimiko might know Ryder from basketball games, she is religious but it's Taoism so make of that what you will.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gwen might get on ok with Alice (she's artsy and gets along best with people unlikely to stand up to her when she's being terrible), she might have a thing for Henry and/or Isaac (because Henry's her type and Isaac parties), and she'd know Helen through theater. ^^
v7 kids

the future

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping up to update! Specifically, my planned roster has changed a little bit with the removal of Helen (who I'll save for a future mini, most likely) and the addition of Rory.

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gotta think on some other stuff, but first idea is Crisanto Luz could easily be pot buddies with Rory, and Curtis would glady sell kush to him.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply