Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
guys i need friends ;); Yugi's relationship thread????
Topic Started: Jan 20 2015, 03:08 AM (2,506 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why haven't we discussed planning stuff? We should do it.

Jeremy:

I remember discussing a memory sex ed thread with Ems over Skype (I haven't logged on lately because computer goes "bleh" at Skype right now), and you expressed interest in that. I think they would know each other from orchestra/band as well. Thing is, I'm not sure if she'd particularly like or dislike him. On one hand, she would find him kind of funny at times. She'd also like that he's a smart guy, as well. On the other, I'd imagine that she'd also occasionally get frustrated with him and his sarcastic moments. Also, if he makes another "steaming cock" type comment in front of her, I'd imagine this to be her reaction. I guess that could be their dynamic? *shrug*

He might know Junko, too, seeing as they're both pranky gamer types. I don't see them being spectacularly close, but they might at least know each other? Maybe?

Oh, and I offered this to RC, I offered it to Prim, and now I'm offering it to you: Jennifer is a writer/aspiring journalist. She's also a meticulous critic. While she tries to be polite, she's the type who will get finicky and will tell you if she finds something wrong with your work. It's possible that she may have critiqued something he's written in the past, though probably more because of it being an assignment (since he isn't in the Writing Club) or if he's willingly given it to her to critique on their own time. It'd be up to you how he'd react to that if we do this. I think she'd snark back if he got sarcastic with her, as well.

Alvaro:

Right off the bat, I can say this: yeah, Jennifer's probably come into Vacanti's a few times, depending on how good their coffee is. As we all know, Jennifer has a bit of a problem with caffeine. While she usually brews it at home, I'd imagine she'd pop in a few times to get some as a treat. I'd also imagine that she'd trust Vacanti's more than Cheryl's, mostly due to the food poisoning incidents. As for how she'd see him as a person, I think she would see him as a nice enough boy who is a little jittery and anxious, but likable.

I remember discussing how Vacanti's and Bread + Circuses (the bakery cafe that one of Junko's moms own) could be competitors. While I remember the conversation descending into "Alvaro's gonna kill Junko" style comments, I think we can play around with the competitor angle a bit. Thoughts on that?

He might know Emma since she's Lily's cousin, as well. I think she'd also pop in to Vacanti's on occasion as well, though not as often. But, like Jennifer, she'd trust it a bit more than Cheryl's because she doesn't like food poisoning.

Ben:

Junko will hate hate haaaaaaaate him. She'll see him as a complete and utter hypocrite, who goes on about anti-bullying but is a homophobe. Him being athletic would warm him up to her a bit, but not by much. Homophobia's a deal-breaker for her, even when he does help LGBT who are being bullied.

Ems would be a bit nicer, though. I'd imagine she'd frowny-face if he ever makes a particularly unpleasant comment about gay people, but, as I've said in the past: I'd picture her to be the kind of person who wouldn't know a whole ton about sexuality/gender issues outside of being related to Lily and Haley (and Sabrina if she ever finds out about that), so she wouldn't get as angry as Junko as long as it isn't directed towards them. That's when you'll get her anger. I think she'd appreciate his efforts at anti-bullying, though; she'd see if as making the school even better. They might know each other through Cris, too. And he's a smart guy, which she'd approve of.

Jennifer would be somewhat similar to Ems: frowny-face at homophobia, but she'd appreciate that he's a good student. I don't see a huge amount here, though, sadly. ):

Thoughts? Ems finally has a profile on the site now, BTW.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Ems and Jennifer would talk to Alvaro while he's there! Jennifer's not a super-chatty person, but she would probably speak up if she, say, recognizes him from school. And sweet, she appreciates good coffee. As for Ems, she's more chatty.

And I guess that means Ems and Jeremy wouldn't mind each other that much, then? Sweet.

Sounds good re:Jennifer and Jeremy. I kind of forgot about the SF4 thing with Junko though, but now I remember! Yay!

Junko doesn't work at her mom's restaurant, but she has a lot of appreciation for it. I don't see her hugely pursuing a rivalry, but I think she'd acknowledge that Vacanti's is a competitor and react accordingly. Maybe a bit of "Ew, Vacanti's" each time it comes up? And... hm, what would Alvaro's thoughts be?

I think that for the most part, Junko would be simply ":/" towards Ben. She wouldn't be too outspoken about her opinion unless he said something blatantly homophobic. Then she'd tear him a new one. I think otherwise, though, she'd be sarcastic and generally give off "Don't like you" signs.

I think if Ben ever does end up saying something inappropriate about any of the other Luz kids, Ems would go "Hey, cut that out". She'd try to be polite about it, but it would leave a sour taste in her mouth. How much so would depend on how bad it was and whether or not it was that hurtful.

(sorry about the late reply)
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmmmm...

I do see some friction between Jasmine and Ems. Ems, as we all know, is also a bit of a go-getter type, but I get the feeling that, in this case, they'd only just piss each other off. Ems isn't the type to pick a fight, but I can imagine she'd get pretty exasperated after a while if she has to deal with her at her worst.

I also volunteer Jennifer as an ex-friend, if you're still looking for one. I can see them somewhat liking each other, but I can imagine something just making Jennifer just snap. I don't know if she'd hit on her (I currently headcanon Jennifer and Emma as hetero, but I'm not boxing myself in on that so it may change), so maybe it was something that made Jasmine feel threatened in a different way?

Of course, there's Junko, if you need someone to piss her off who's a little more... chaotic. She'd find Jasmine both infuriating and hilarious (in that "fun to make cruel jokes about" sort of way).

Thoughts?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply