Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
guys i need friends ;); Yugi's relationship thread????
Topic Started: Jan 20 2015, 03:08 AM (2,337 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
so hey I guess I need a relationships thread if I want to get anywhere in pregame

Feel free to post here or send me a PM if you've got any ideas on what your characters might think of mine. I'm fine with any ideas you send me, although I might tweak them if I think it fits better.

So, my three (current) characters are…

Jeremy Frasier: Class Clown sort of type. Has a quick, dry wit, and has a flair for making fun of things that he thinks are stupid or ridiculous. While he's generally friendly and ready to help people if they need it, he is ready to argue with a person if their views clash on something he's passionate about, and he can get angry if they prove him wrong. Tends to hang around the gamer crowd, and can speak objectively about games he likes and doesn't like. He is also a musician, having played both piano and violin for several years now, and is a member of the school band and other musical groups. Is also interested in philosophy, in particular, the teachings of Seneca and some love philosopher I'm forgetting the name of.

Relationships
Looking for:

• More friends!
  • Someone that he could really call a best friend and rely on would be great. They don’t really have to share his hobbies, they just have to have known each other for a long time and they need to have similar personalities No longer needed
  • I can do with more people Jeremy actively shits on and hates, as well.

Alvaro Vacanti: Works at his family's cafe, that students sometimes go to after school. Is extroverted, and generally friendly to most of the school body. However, he is paranoid of what other people think of him, and he tends to get flustered/scared whenever he talks to someone for long periods of time. He is complacent in class, and if someone argues with him, he'll try to slide it off and make sure that the argument doesn't continue. He plays chess (although he isn't any good at it, tending to make bad moves/be unaware of what his opponent does), and is on the soccer team, being a good goalie, striker, and shag. Excels in the commerce courses and maths.
Relationships
Looking for:

• More friends, the more the merrier.
  • Customers. Alvaro kinda builds a social circle around people who go to the cafe, so having more people who go there would be cool.
  • Bullies/People who set him off, Alvaro needs a reason to still be paranoid today, as it’s kinda one of his defining traits.

Jasmine King: Thinks she's smarter and more talented than you, but you likely don't know that. Born into a super rich household, Jasmine struggles to get attention/praise from her parents due to her older brother, Julian, doing everything she does but better. To try to catch up to her older brother and to be seen to be as good as him in her parents eyes, she tries to be perfect in everything she does, from her academics to her performances on the piano and violin. This has resulted in both anger issues and a superiority complex, with the former generally happening when things don't go her way and in a way that's generally destructive to her and the people/things around her. She's also a social media flower and a total gossip queen, and while she has no interest in being popular she loves gaining information about other people (and sharing it, if she feels like it), because she loves the sense of power that she gets from having dirt on people. She's not a total bitch, however, and her circle of friends is filled with people she genuinely likes and respects, even though she tries to associate with people she feels aren't threats. Other hobbies include tennis, poetry, crime fiction, theatre, and posting on a tumblr blog.
Relationships
Looking For:

• Friends! I'd imagine that she'd be in a close knit circle of girls around her age group, united through similar interests and shared intelligence (but also controllable and less intelligent than Jasmine). She's a pretty loyal friend (and fairly touchy-feely) so long as you fulfil those criteria. She'd also be friends with guys but more in the line of acquaintance rather than close friend.
  • I really want her to have a total dumb guy-crush which she hates since it eclipses her mind at random points and makes her lose focus. So long as a guy's cute enough anybody would be fine here, although I'd like it if they shared a hobby so that she'd have interaction with them outside of her having a crush on them.
  • I'd also super be into her having a former friend that she ended a friendship with either because they became a threat to her and/or they hit on her. She wants to be the best person she knows and while she wouldn't call herself homophobic she's super uncomfortable with the idea that one of her close female friends may like her.

In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Concerning Jeremy, I think he and Joshua Bracewell might get along well. They’re both music buffs and band members (Joshua plays the piano as well – in addition to being a skilled flautist and being taught drumming by his elder brother) and seem to have personalities that I feel would mesh well together, rather than be polar opposites~ I can’t really see much for either Hazel or Oskar, though Oskar’s a peppy social butterfly whom tries to befriend as many people as he can – so I think he’d at least be on speaking terms with Jeremy and would probably try and start a conversation whenever they saw each other.

With Alvaro, I think he and Oskar Pearce would be a good fit. Oskar has a major sweet tooth, so I can imagine him coming into the café fairly often and downing a couple mugs of something like Ferrero Rocher hot chocolate. He’s also very chatty, though he does worry what others think of him at the same time – although he’s able to keep it all down internally. (I have this image in my head of the two of them getting a tad flustered whilst talking to each other and worrying what the other thinks of them XD) I think Joshua would like him, and might stop in in the morning or after one of his clubs to grab a cappuccino or chai tea, and Hazel likely wouldn’t have much issue with him.

Yay, words! I hope that’s something, Yugi! <3
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Isaac would likely pick on Alvaro since he gets anxious in social situations, and he likes to get rises out of folks. So put one down for enemies/antagonists if you like.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Bowser
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I could see Janes and Jeremy getting along pretty well considering their shared interest and somewhat senses of humor, though James' humor tends to lean more on the mean side of things so he could also get on Jeremy's nerves a good bit too.

As far as Alvaro goes I could see him and Leo being kind of friendly. Leo would probably head over to the café after school on most days so I'd figure they'd be in good standings with each other, though I doubt their relationship would go much farther than "This guy serves me good/gives my family money" due to both of them being rather shy.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Added almost everybody's characters to the list in a way I think would work for both characters. If anyone has any objections feel free to voice them.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
Dante would probably get on with Alvero. He's the sort of chill dude who would hang out in a cafe after school to do absolutely nothing and would strike up a conversation with a classmate there on a whim. He probably wouldn't pick up on Alvero's social discomfort and just end up talking for both of them. Plus they could play chess. Dante would lose every single time and then laugh and say "I thought you said you weren't good at this, man."
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Done, but I should probably say that they don't play chess in the cafe. It's more of a school liabary early morning thing.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Barry could be a potential friend for Alvaro. since they're both on the soccer team and would presumably know each other at least decently well as a result. Barry's laid-back, friendly nature could also be a calming influence for Alvaro.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Done.

I added another character, by the way (although he doesn't have a profile). He might fit your character, so look at him!!!!!!!!!!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Added a new character please be friends with him c:
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Marco's in anime club he'd know Curtis, let me know if he'd buy anything from him too. Kaylee could be a common/easy target for Jonathan, I can talk to you more on her in chat PM since I haven't finished up a writeup. Since they're both in drama club, they'd know each other.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Mar 3 2015, 05:20 PM.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
guys I need relationships for Marco and Jonathan they only have like one each
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

MuseMan
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Both Marco and Jonathan might know my kid Eri. She could potentially bond with Marco over a mutual interest in anime, though her tastes are less mainstream and she'd be likely to poke fun of his hyperactivity/obsession with Japanese media. As for Jon, he and Eri share similar interests in gaming and forum browsing. On the other hand, Eri doesn't like bullies on account of being an easy target for them herself, so whether or not she'd be willing to tolerate him would depend on which side of him she sees. Hopefully neither of those are too much of a stretch.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to say that if she's a common target for bullies, she'd be a target for Jonathan. I'm not entirely sure how she'd react to his bullying to him, but I put her in the red zone.

(also more people should post ;) )
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Privyet
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Due to Johnathan being something of a dick/bully, my character Jake (a member of the anti-bullying committee) might not like him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply