Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Welcome to New V6 Pregame Staff
Topic Started: Jan 6 2015, 03:40 PM (1,608 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Attention, handlers:

It is staff's pleasure to announce the addition of several new members to the staff team in preparation for V6 Pregame. We had a large pool of solid applicants, but in the end we narrowed our selection down to the following four individuals:

Congratulations to Deamon, Slam, and TurtleTyrant, who are joining the team as full staffers. They have all the powers and responsibilities that entails, and should be treated with the same respect as any staffer.

Congratulations also to BetaKnight, who we're taking on in an experimental capacity. Due to her long and valuable service on the staff team, we were willing to discuss an alternative arrangement when BetaKnight informed us that she was interested in helping out with critiques but did not want the responsibility of being a full staff member. The position we have granted her will give her the same powers as any staffer when it comes to critiques, and no powers or responsibilities with regards to any other facet of the site. She will have access to the Staff Lounge and will have the option of supplying advisory commentary should she so desire, but she will not have a vote in any proceedings and will not be expected to read anything staffside that does not directly relate to applications. She is not to use SOTF_Help or the chat op password. Her position will expire at the end of the V6 application period and she will be returned to the status of a normal member, unless she chooses to take and successfully passes the next staff test.

This is an experiment we are engaging in because of BetaKnight's history and proven responsibility and because of the nature of her desired duty. Critiques tend to be the most time-consuming and least popular facet of staff work, and therefore are an area where we were willing to allow some greater leeway for someone with proven competence in handling them. BetaKnight took the first part of the staff test along with the other applicants and performed well. She has handled a great number of critiques in the past, during her tenure on the V4 and V5 staff teams. We have full confidence in her abilities.

This is not a position we have any plans of formalizing or hiring for in the future. We are not looking to take on other assistant staffers; any task besides profile approval can either be handled internally or is of limited enough scope and duration that we see no need to create a specific and persistent position for it. We also would not want to take on any assistants who do not have recent experience on Main staff.

To all those who were not chosen for staff: this was a difficult decision. We had a really good pool of applicants, and we think many of you may well make fine staffers in the future. This round of hiring saw the greatest ever success of repeat applicants, all of whom made huge leaps in their demonstrated ability. All applicants not selected should have been informed by PM by now. We have feedback drafted already, available shortly following a request sent to SOTF_Help.

Please do not address questions or comments regarding the test to individual staffers, as doing so is awkward for the staffer and may lead to you being given incorrect information, since no single staffer speaks for the whole team.

Anyhow, congratulations to the new additions to the team. We're thrilled to have you aboard.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Online Profile Goto Top

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
"Now everybody do the propaganda, and sing along to the age of paranoia."
[ * ]
Congrats to all the new people! :D
"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." -Sigmund Freud
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I for one am disgusted and have no idea who picked these guys. Whoever they are should be fired.

...wait.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Im sure that you'll all be a great additions to Staff, congratulations on making it!
V6

V7

I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yayyyy!
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler
Offline Profile Goto Top

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  *  * ]
HAIL TO STAFF

GLORY TO SOTF
V7
Offline Profile Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To quote Rattle from the last welcome to new staff thread:

Rattlesnake

Ahahahaha they trusted me with all these buttons to push.

:D
Turtle's Signature
Offline Profile Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brb firing Elena.

Oh and congrats.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i, for one, welcome our new purple-named overlords
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
you have ascended

May your reign be glorious, bloody, and tyrannical

fatewell
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*sacrifices goats to the new staff*

All hail our hopefully benevolent gods. Or at least hope we can direct the bloody tyranny at others with the use of goat sacrifice.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
so i have to treat you guys with respect now, don't i

:(
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
so how about dem bribes
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats you guys! You're going to do great :)
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Goto Top

trash
Member Avatar
shhhhh
[ * ]
i suggest/demand that Tre's official title be Site Mom

congrats guys!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic