Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Siblings
Topic Started: Nov 23 2014, 08:28 AM (4,234 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm... actually interested. : D
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm still considering making a Luz kid. For right now, her name's Emma Aguilar Luz. I might post about her soon in the concepts thread. X3
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm actually kinda considering something like that for Emma's parents. My idea was that they got anxious after seeing all the child abductions going on, so they made Ems (and any siblings) take self-defense classes, as well as arranging hiking trips. This admittedly came about after a bit of fridge logic along the lines of "You know, things like self-defense classes or basic survival training for teens seems like it'd be pretty popular in SOTFverse for obvious reasons". So, maybe this fits with the whole prepper idea, at least on Emma's part of the family?

Sounds good, Grim! I can't wait to see info on Lizzy and the Luzs!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I believe Burnie's concerns are that having a Mexican descended family, in a Southwestern state, connected to organized crime (even if only vaguely) might carry certain implications. Specifically, he thinks that it brings to mind Mexico's current problems with drug cartels and organized crime.

For those of you who don't know, Mexico in more recent years has serious issues with drug trafficking and violence stemming from organized crime. Any attempts to control it has resulted in it escalating, bringing the death count to absurdly high levels. A large portion of these are civilians, and taking place in massacres. It still persists to this day, with no clear solution in sight. It has also started to become an issue in Southwestern states along the border, including Arizona.

To be honest, I personally didn't make that connection until he brought it up. But the impression I'm getting is that he's worried it might come off as insensitive in light of Mexico's current climate, even if it's Mafia (which to my knowledge isn't involved in the cartels) and only a vague connection.

If you're curious what my stance is, while I do find a Mafia connection interesting (enough to understand why others would want to keep it), I also wouldn't mind seeing it changed in the final product if does end up getting changed. It wouldn't change things with Emma too much, I don't think.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a Luz kid now. I'm trying to keep it so it doesn't step on any other ideas peepz may have, but let me know if I need to change something if it does.

Anyways, I think Meds' idea, specifically this one:

Quote:

If people want mafia stuff in their family, they can always make the parent that isn't Luz have connections with it, so it shouldn't stuff anyone up even if they did want mafia stuff in the backstory.

Is a good one. After all, there's a whole other side of the family involved here. It doesn't seem to change the Luz concepts posted about too much so far, and if someone would like to touch upon those themes they can, just on the other side of the family!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
On the subject of nonbinary stuffs, I can see Emma not getting it, but she would support Haley any way she can. If she were to end up saying anything inappropriate, it would be more out of ignorance than maliciousness (like distinguishing male and female in a conversation, but not taking into account, for example, people who don't identify as either or are genderfluid). But, if someone were to, say, make fun of them for it, Emma will frowny face at said someone. Overall, she doesn't fully understand what it means to be agender, and if she does say something awful it's more out of lack of understanding than cruelty. But, they're still her cousin in the end. And she likes her cousins.

Also, I'd be up for a Quicktopic!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, so far there's a few Luz parents who haven't been established/are known to have kids yet. And of course, you could always be someone's sibling!

Grim and the others will probably have their thoughts on this, but speaking as me? I wouldn't mind.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you want my thoughts...

The impression I'm getting of Sabrina, based off how you've described her, is that she's someone who strives towards personal excellence. She wants to be good at school and her personal interests, and wants to succeed. She may be a little concerned about being a closeted lesbian in a more conservative town.

What happens to be said two interests, out of curiosity? I'm presuming it may fit with the theme of this? I think elaborating on what these two are would be dandy.

The only real criticism I have is her having, "within reason, all of the advantages." I understand what you mean: that she's pretty driven towards being "good" at what she does. But maybe this needs a bit of rephrasing. Perhaps more something along the lines of "she's driven to personal success in what she does, and as a result she's competent in several areas"?

Overall, though, I agree with Grim, and you should be comfortable with what you're writing!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh! I'm almost done with Ems! Right now I'm in the proof-reading stage.

If anyone with Luz kids would like to take a look at her before I upload her profile to the site, for consistency's sake, I would be happy to send her over to you.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, I sent Ems' profile to Burnie and Coy!

On the current topic: there are actually plenty of ways to play a closet case. I agree with Grim in that putting a bit of context to her conflict would do in making sure things go well. Speaking from personal experience as a lady who likes ladies, it was tough for me to admit at all that I was bisexual, or even sexual, period. While I hit puberty in a more liberal place, when I was growing up "gay" was basically used as an insult (like "That's so gay" when you mean something is stupid or awful). I didn't encounter many homophobes, or at least people I knew was outright homophobic (as opposed to microaggressions/ignorance), but it didn't help that most of the time, when gay people appeared in media, they were pretty much jokes and caricatures. While things have been getting a lot better representation and not-using-slurs wise, it can still be very... awkward, you could say? Of course, that's my personal experience; as I said, I spent large amounts of junior high and high school in a more liberal place.

Perhaps you could go with Grim's idea of a homophobic parent or older sibling who came out with poor consequences? Or perhaps she simply doesn't have too much exposure to gay issues? Or maybe she's personally conservative, which has trouble meshing with her orientation? Also, there one Luz (Meds' Lily) who is openly bisexual, and another (Aloha's Haley) who is agender. Perhaps you could arrange with Meds and Aloha on how Sabrina works with them? Those are just my ideas, though! As I said, there's plenty of ways to fiddle around with a closet case and not make them cliched. I see you've described her as having a secret girlfriend. Perhaps you could arrange for a handler to play her so you can roleplay this conflict out a bit?

Again, just my ideas!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I'd love to, once Emma's officially up and going!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bam. Aloha has a list.

Eldest, second eldest, sixth, and eighth is still available. : D

And Meds is correct.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply