Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (7,981 Views)
swirlythingy
Member Avatar
Oh no!
[ *  * ]
Hello everybody! I'm the guy who Rugga thought was Whirly when I dipped my toe into the chat a week or so back. (You can call me Martin instead if it's going to be confusing.) I promise I intended to create an account a long time before this, but to cut a long story short, (a) I procrastinate a lot, (b) I really wanted to get all caught up on V5 before I started, (c) my broadband went down last Monday just when I was intending to get up off my arse and do something about it, which was not part of the plan, but provided a neat little excuse to procrastinate for a bit longer.

Today I shall mostly be reading V5, as I'm an annoying completist who also happens to have no life. I may also be posting snarky and/or passive-aggressive comments about it on Twitter as I go, if that sort of thing amuses you.

Fair warning: I am an exceedingly grumpy person. Sometimes I think I was born several decades too late.

Anyway, I've fancied myself as an 'aspiring writer' for literally years now, but have never actually done something about it. SOTF seemed like a good excuse to kick myself out of my comfort zone of procrastination, forum bitching, comic reading and Zero Punctuation watching.

I am not very good at writing endings to posts.
...in my pants.

B065 Edgar Tolstoff (adopted from aristeia) - Syrup of Ipecac - Lost a debate with a chainsaw (Storage Yard)

All your favourite heinous acts of terrorism and murder, now available in handy infographic form!
Offline Profile Goto Top

swirlythingy
Member Avatar
Oh no!
[ *  * ]
Speaking of which, when are the adoptions going to start? I thought they were due last Wednesday (V5 start + two weeks inactivity deadline + one week bonus for first inactivity warning). Did I misunderstand something or are they all in appeals?

EDIT: I misunderstood something. Announcement pegs it at four weeks.
Edited by swirlythingy, Jun 21 2013, 03:14 PM.
...in my pants.

B065 Edgar Tolstoff (adopted from aristeia) - Syrup of Ipecac - Lost a debate with a chainsaw (Storage Yard)

All your favourite heinous acts of terrorism and murder, now available in handy infographic form!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic