Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (9,200 Views)
LordFireclaw
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hello! Like a fairly large (from what I've seen) group of users, I found this site through TVTropes. Battle Royale is one of my favorite movie/novels/manga, and I'm definitely planning to enter characters in V5. I've been reading through the forums on here and (think/hope) I understand most of the rules, and I'm fairly familiar with how this type of forum RP works. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to participating. :D
V5 Characters:

Sean Kato- Awaiting critique
Marina Lopez- Finished profile, not yet posted
Lance Jacobs- Working on profile

Quote:

18:50 Medic Lord indicates maleness, doesn't it?
18:50 Fiori Ah yes, so it does
18:50 Deamon Unless it's a clever ploy
18:50 MoonlightDrive what if it's a trick to make you wonder
18:50 Deamon Then it's worked
Offline Profile Goto Top

LordFireclaw
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Aug 12 2012, 03:35 PM
Hey there, Fireclaw! Welcome to SotF.

You should check out the chat, the Mini, and the New Handler's Guide. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staffer (admins are in red, mods are in blue).
I certainly will. I've been reading up on past SOTF games, and I think I've gotten a feel for what's expected from this RP. I have quite a bit of free time on my hands at the moment, so hopefully I'm here for the long-term.
V5 Characters:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

LordFireclaw
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
MurderWeasel
Aug 15 2012, 02:55 PM
It's good to hear you've been reading up on past games! Of note: site culture/expectations shifted rather heavily midway through V3, to a greater emphasis on realism and such. Later V3 and (especially) V4 tend to be more in the vein of current SOTF (though older versions have many characters who would fit seamlessly into the present site, and tons of great writing).
So I've noticed. The characters in V1 and V2 are far closer to the traditional BR archetypes (such as Shuya, Mitsuko, and even Kiriyama) while in the later games the emphasis is more "ordinary is interesting" in a sense, with fewer premade psychopaths or even premade hero-types, for that matter. Anyway, that's something I'll keep in mind while designing my characters. Anyway, now all I have to wait for is my first character's critique...
Edited by LordFireclaw, Aug 15 2012, 04:44 PM.
V5 Characters:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

LordFireclaw
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
leAloha
Aug 15 2012, 04:47 PM
Fireclaw, I assume you are a Civilization fan *coughcougharrowtechiconcough*
Oh yes. I've been a fan of Civilization since III (Though I've played II as well), and I currently own and play IV and V often. I assume you're a fan as well, or are at least acquainted with the game? :)

And, in response to Murder Weasel, I agree. It should be hard to tell just from reading their profile if they'll really play the game or not. Now that I've kinda figured out what's expected of characters, I'll just have to make sure that my characters don't go the way that many newbies' do (e.g. inactive killed, killed by lingering in a dangerzone too long, otherwise weeded out before the real fun begins, killed by Kenny the inactive bear, etc.).
Edited by LordFireclaw, Aug 15 2012, 05:16 PM.
V5 Characters:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic