Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (9,518 Views)
Sastrayu
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Um.. if it's okay I want to, uh, state my reason for joining at all? I hope I'm not too late for all of these. First, I want to say that I'm really impressed by the quality of writing, the story, and also the friendliness and the professionalism of the moderators and admins. Everyone also seems so very nice. Your interaction with each other seems like a lot of fun.

I read about three or four different characters from V4 and needless to say, I was really excited. The way the handlers wrote their characters made it easy for me to care for them. honestly let out all sorts of.. squeaking voice when I read them from beginning to end. I was really emotionally involved, which is something I highly appreciate. The roleplaying discussion also gives me many good insights. For the first time ever, I understand the purpose of roleplaying and how it's really done. And I found a lot of good advice about writing itself too!

So.. because of all of that.. I want to be a part of this community. Again, I hope it's not too late for that. I mean, the site has been going for 7 years and people already know each other and have 5000+ posts. x-x I was a bit scared to join at first but then I thought the site is worth facing the fear so.. here I am.

A bit about me if anyone is interested.. I come from a faraway country that is random, according to Justin Bieber. English is.. not even a second language here. So there will be problems with my English. I'm just going to say sorry right away if I say weird things or don't get a lot of jokes in the future because of my limited vocabularies and or cultural knowledge. My writing is also not as advanced as many of you here so.. there is that, too.

Ugh, I'm rambling right now.. I'm really sorry that this post has been unnecessary long. Um, thanks to whoever reading this.. I hope it doesn't cause too much trouble for you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sastrayu
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
MurderWeasel
Jun 13 2012, 01:23 AM
By the way, if you don't mind answering, which characters did you read in V4? I'm always interested in chatting past versions with folks, and there was a lot of awesome writing there.
Yeah, late reply over here, but so far I have only read Raidon Naoko (my current favorite), Mizore Soryu (by extension), R.J Lowe and Aaron Hughes. I wouldn't mind recommendations on which characters I should thoroughly read and absorb next though - and maybe characters on V3 or V2 as well - to get a better feel and even better understanding on how SOTF works. I'm all for realism - characters with realistic actions and consequences are the most interesting, in my humble opinion. Writing them is a bit hard, though... u_u
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic