Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (7,996 Views)
Shangela
Member Avatar
Glitter, Whiskey, and a hefty dose of Harlotry
[ *  * ]
Posted Image

Hello Hello SOTF. How's it going?
Your newest cannon fodder is up and gunning for v5. I've even started writing up my victims characters.

I've spent a bit of time reading up on the site before I decided to click 'register,' but I think I'll be glad I came here.

I'm sure in no time I'll get to know all you lovely, attractive people.
Posted Image
-Credit goes to the lovely and talented Payouni of DeviantArt
Take another drag, turn me to ashes
Ready for another lie?
Says he's gonna teach me just what fast is,
Says it's gonna be alright

NOTE:I'm always looking for helpful critique on my roleplaying. If you see something you like (or don't like) feel free to PM me. I'll only get better with the more advice you all give me~

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Quote:

I like this person. Hallelu

<3
When season five comes back on in January, I can so see us being the bestest of friends.

Quote:

Hi, Shangela. Welcome to SOTF!

Why thank you MurderWeasel. I'll make sure to annoy the living crap out of you all with my constant questions :)

Thanks for ze welcomes everyone!

Posted Image
Ready for another lie?

NOTE:I'm always looking for helpful critique on my roleplaying. If you see something you like (or don't like) feel free to PM me. I'll only get better with the more advice you all give me~

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hello there Leona and Alex! Welcome to the board. Sorry that you guys slipped through my greetings list!

I hope you both wind up having a blast here. SotF is a fantastic place to work on role playing. Everyone here is talented in their own form of storytelling, so it's an enriching way to practice and observe good writing.

As you might see, v5 has already just started with our first rolls of the game (meaning that the first eight randomly rolled characters are due to die by the end of the month.), but that shouldn't discourage you from sticking around. As people go inactive due to real life, sometimes their characters will go neglected or abandoned. The staff here likes to do as much as they can to insure that these characters can be adopted. I hope you'll stick around and check the forum. You just might be able to nab a character and join in on the fun. Feel free to check right here Adoption Zone. You should also check out The Mini which also allows us to play SotF in a variety of different settings. You'd have to message a staff member about exactly when one of the new games might be starting, but it should be relatively soon.

Can't wait to see you guys around! :)
Posted Image
Ready for another lie?

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Love the eyeliner, Imehal

Welcome to the forum, love. I'm sure you'll have a blast on here. Even though you were a bit too late for the character applications, you can still certainly put in a bid for an adoption as characters become inactive during the game. It takes a lot of ability to write a character that isn't organic to one's self.

Also, The Mini will have a brand new faster paced game going on. I'd look at that periodically as v5 continues continuing.

I hope you get wrapped up in the game with us. I'd love to see ya around :)
Posted Image
Ready for another lie?

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hey there love, welcome to the forum! I hope you have a marvelous time here on SotF/SOTF/Sotf/SOFT.

I'm sure Toben'll give you a much better introduction than I can, but I'll drop a few little gems of info here.

I can see that you've already put in a bid for an adoption (yay on you for being proactive!) and have posted here to introduce yourself. These are all fantastic first steps. If your bid does go your way, and you do get the character, take a quick gander at The Rules just so you get caught up to speed.

You've actually joined at a time when we've just kicked off version 5 of SotF, so I'm afraid brand new character applications are closed and you'll have to get lucky with adoptions to get into this round. But fear not~

We also have a fantastic mini site which accommodates a much faster paced and entry level roleplay. A new version, Sotf TV2 is due to launch soon enough, so keep your eyes open for that. I hope to see you in game on at least one of these boards~

And since you've got a penchant for stupid sayings: I just found your new favorite thread to post in

Also, your introduction was my 50th post. Huzzah
Edited by Shangela, Jul 7 2013, 11:37 PM.
Posted Image
Ready for another lie?

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
You'd be surprised how many of us find our way to this little den of insanity through TvTropes. I think it's one of the best advertising strategies around.

I think that KamiKaze succinctly covered everything in her welcome post. The rules, the guides, the wiki, and the mini. Yup, that's the basics of it. I hope to see both of you around here. Especially in game on the mini. I can't wait to see what characters the two of you craft up.

I'm always and forever Shangela on these boards, so feel free to message me or one of our lovely mods if you have questions, comments, or are just looking to chit-chat.

Welcome to the both of you, Chase and Jebby.

Posted Image
Ready for another lie?

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Howdy there, McDonough. Welcome to Survival of the Fittest!
You came at a very interesting time within the context of the v5 game. We're about halfway through with the current version. As someone just starting out with the massive roster of characters to read through, I'd suggest starting with any of our Best Kill Award winners(BKA) and Best Death Award winners (BDA). It's a really good launching point to see a variety of works by some exceptionally skilled handlers.

You seem like a very strong writer, given your academic pursuits, but I'd also give the roleplaying guides a read over. They give a good framework to the system we're all working with here.

I'd also start off with introducing yourself on our chatroom. For a group of people that write about teenage massacres, we're a surprisingly lively and jolly group of people. We're not so scary (and actually quite friendly) when you get to know us. :)
Posted Image
Ready for another lie?

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic