Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (9,541 Views)
CourtJackal
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I hate losing.

Yeah, THAT'S how you should start an introduction to an RP forum where roughly ninety-five percent of all characters kick the bucket, alright. I can only imagine the first impressions you have of me now, huh? They're probably terrible and mean, which is okay, because I'm told that I'm terrible and mean.

That might be an understatement, but let's go ahead and get it on the table anyway, so you know what to expect. I'm rude as hell, I swear near-constantly, I hate practically everything, and God help you if try to get into an argument with me, because it will go on forever until you forcibly end it, because I won't. The angrier I get, the more productive I become, and I love complaining about anything and everything, no matter how petty it seems. Yelling is about ninety percent of what I do anyway, so it shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise to you.

Ain't I just a wonderful person?

In all seriousness, though, I'm pretty belligerent, but I do at least have some social grace. Hopefully, I won't cause TOO many problems around here. Now, why don't we get an actual introduction out here, hm? The name's CourtJackal, or just Jackal if you prefer; Everyone else calls me that, so you can, too, I suppose. I'll be blunt here: I know jack shit about the plot of Battle Royale outside of "Japanese kids kill each other on an island" from when I first learned about it in the eighth grade. Hell, the only reason I even know about this site is thanks to TVTropes, the reason most other people probably know of it. But, it's weird, really: I'd seen it for probably two, three years on the site, and each time I would just gloss over the examples, not caring. But then, on about Thursday or Friday, I stopped on a page that linked to the site (I don't remember which one) and just stared at the example for a bit, with no clue why. And then, I spoke right to my laptop:

"I have to join this RP site."

And boom, here we are. I waited a few days, mostly to have a profile ready before I sat there for about three days writing one (I didn't realize it was gonna take me fifty bajillion hours, holy shit) because I like to be prepared. Granted, it is common fucking courtesy to introduce yourself to the people who are going to be hating me for who-knows-how long, really, so good morning. It may not be morning wherever you are, but it's always morning in my heart, so allow me to share it with you.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's talk about me. I kick ass and take names. But more seriously for a moment, I collect Magic: the Gathering cards, I play far too many video games that are competitive, I'm a huge League of Legends fan, I adore classical literature, all kinds of shit like that. My absolute favorite book of all time is Arabian Nights, and my favorite game series is Thief. As for other game series I like, aside from League of Legends and Thief, I like Fate/Stay Night, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, those types of mainstream games, and then I have a few odd gems in my collection such as Lost Kingdoms, for example. It's rare that I don't know a game from the recent three generations. Outside of that and my constant snarky attitude you're no doubt accustomed to by this point, I'm told by my friends that I'm the shining example of the Tsundere archetype, only with intense pressure on the Tsun part and very little on the Dere part. Make of that what you will.

Now, I realize that for an introduction, this is fucking GARGANTUAN compared to some of the ones I can see from scrollin' up a bit. I am a person who believes FIRMLY in the adage of "Go big or go home", you see. I'm sure we'll have all kinds of excellent adventures together, provided I don't drive you all up the wall and alienate the entire forum by the end of the month. But this is starting to sound rather strange, so let's just cut this off right here, hm?

So, what are we waiting for, eh? Let's do this shit and have some fun, already, hm?

(TL;DR version: I'm Jackal, I'm an asshole, found the place from TVTropes, let's do this GO GO GO)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic