Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (7,932 Views)
GameMaker
Member Avatar
Error: This Title Is Too Smexy To Display
[ *  * ]
Well, as we've currently had a bunch of new people coming in, and I'm lazy, and I want to greet them all, I decided that it was kind of annoying to have to have them all make their own threads, no? So, in that train of thought, I made this thread.

So, what is this thread? Simple. Just a place to introduce yourself, and say 'hello' to everyone. I figured that it would be a lot more convenient for all you new guys, and more convenient for all of us, too, rather than have a bunch of welcome threads filling up General Discussion.
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Oh- and one more thing: James shows an excellent way not to post. If you're new, make sure to read the rules, as well as the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). After that, I'd check out the Announcements subforum, and if you're looking for a great way to spend some time, read Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of SotF! (Survival Of The Fittest) It's excellent writing, if I do say so myself, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Oh, and just a little preemptive 'Welcome!' to all, because, as I said above, I'm lazy. :P

And Yoss- well, you stole my 'Happy Birthday SotF Help' thread idea, so now we're even :P

EDIT: Oh, and I got so caught up in the other stuff I forgot to say the other thing that was wrong about James' post. Do not type in all Caps Lock. Ever. It's not a good thing. And now that that's been said, I hope you enjoy SotF!

V4:
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
First, yeah, Riserugu's right, this thread should be kept on the topic of introductions. Banter and the such should go in the chatroom, not in this thread. Also, welcome Betaknight, and I hope you enjoy the Survival Of The Fittest forums. If you have any questions, you could always ask me them through PM (although I don't know why you'd choose me... asides from the fact that I try to be nice :P)

V4:

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Welcome to Survival Of The Fittest! Always glad to meet new people. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, and just wait a little bit- Version 4 pregame should be coming up pretty soon.

V4:

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hey, Gamertag! I think we should get along quite nicely, considering we both have 'game' at the front of our name :P

V4:

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ah, yes, good old random newbie surges... :P

Also, nice to meet you, and welcome to Survival of The Fittest! And yes, I do fully appreciate the irony that although you joined before me, I'm the one greeting you!

V4:

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hmm... If you truly just found this site at random, not from TV tropes, and not by knowing someone who was already a member on the site, then yeah, I think you're a miracle. If, however, you came because you knew someone who was already a member, then we'll have to stone you for getting our hopes up. :P

But seriously, welcome to SotF, man. Name's GameMaker, but you can call me that, GM, or Rob, whatever strikes your fancy. Not much else to say, just if you want to meet and talk to some of the other members you should come to the chat, and if you want to read V1, V2, and V3, you should go to the wiki. I already put a list of people I'd advise reading in this thread. Anyway, have fun using your own virtual teenagers to kill other virtual teenagers!

V4:

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Welcome to the forums, Ramshackle and Gambit! I look forward to RPing with both of you!

V4:

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic