Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (9,315 Views)
landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
Well, since I'm too shy to post in any of the recent newbies' intro threads, I'll just do a post here to relieve the guilt.

HAY GUISE. I'm Landlocked, or Land, or LL, or you know, whatever abbreviation you want to use. I'm not picky. People have described me as 'totally bitchin'. Although sometimes I'll pretend I'm not, I am also a newbie that found this forum via TVTropes, and I like to annoy people by talking in Tropes and being way too over-eager about v4.

Anyway, it's really cool to see so many new people taking an interest in this game, too, and I'm looking forward to RPing with all of y'alls ^_^

"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hey, we've got plenty of good writers that came from TVTropes. Like me!

*crickets chirp*

...Guys? Okay maybe not.

Anyway my point is don't feel ashamed of it or anything, we don't mind TVTropers here provided you don't speak only in tropes or anything. If you've got an idea, you should read through the v4 Concepts Relapse thread a bit to get an idea of what kind of characters will get accepted and what won't, and feel free to post it there. Hope to see you around, dude ^_^
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann
Offline Profile Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
James you get a new derogatory nickname like every couple days and half of them you give to yourself.

Also, HELLO NEW PERSON 8D You don't have to feel that guilty about coming from TVTropes, just... try not to quote it too often and you'll be fine and James won't rage at you. Chances are you'll get pretty sick of it after a while, anyway... But anyway, I'm looking forward to playing with you! A lot of you newbs are pretty promising @_@

Oh you might want to check out The SOTF Wiki if you'd like to learn a little more about the game - as far as recommended reading goes, check out some of the deaths that won the best kill/death awards, as those are generally awesome. Oh, and here's the place I started reading v3 at, if that helps. I dunno, you seem like you're the type to have been lurking for a while, but you know, just if it helps xD
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic