Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (7,957 Views)
Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, my name is Scipher and I'm an alcoholic who will most likely hit on you if you are a female above the age of 18.

I'm a mod, been here since V2. All of my characters except for one have been based on my friends at the start of their journeys. What happens to them along the way, well, they may stray from their RL counterparts.

CAPSLOCK ON CRUISE IS LIKE BARRENS CHAT - I think like 3 people will get that reference

I am of the opinion that I love the fact we are getting an assload of new members, but I am also of the opinion that TV Tropes is stupid, and I hate it when people use Trope terminology in posts, chats, real life conversation.

Anyways, welcome all, and if you have any questions...ask Crash and leave me alone on my porch with my shotgun and jug of whiskey
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Greetings new Canadian, welcome to the Canucks of SOTF club. You made a wise choice not Troping in this thread as it was mentioned, James will rage and I will critique your character profiles much harder than I do the others.

Tips to get a passing grade in my book:

1) Make fun of Mimi
2) Don't choose Khaki as your colour in the chatzy, it's mine and mine only (no seriously, its fucking mine.)
3) Before you submit a character read the Dos and Donts and all of the help sources we've provided. It would even be in your best interest to read some of the more prominent names of V1-V3 to get a feel of the style we use here. Talk to some of the staff or handlers for suggestions.
4) PLEASE PLEASE do not make a headache inspiring character profile. I really don't mind if you newbies have a few mistakes or something like that, but too many of the "My character will be fucking invincible and a cold blooded (yet heroic) killer...did I mention he is everyone's hero?" characters are coming through the applications, and making me drink over something on the internet deeply upsets me.

Thanks all from me.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Clueless
Jan 5 2010, 05:13 AM
Psh, in the good old days, we didn't need these new-fangled 'chats' to get acquainted with one another.

You youngsters and your v4s and your proms and your triplets and your private endgames and your secret escape plots and your random theme music and your unimaginatively named threads...
and your youtube.coms and your tribal tattoos and your Lady Gagas and your pierced scrotums and your damn rap music...

/oldmancaneshake
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It isn't? Well damn, time to go re-write my entire playbook.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Greetings Anton! Welcome to SOTF!

Be sure to take a look at the chat, the Mini, and the New Handler's Guide. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staffer. Admins are red, moderators are blue.

PS: If you do have some time later on, I would recommend checking out V2. While V1 and V3 are excellent in their own right, V2 was a fantastic setting and had some of the best characters across any version of SOTF. Following Bryan Calvert (the winner) or Mariavel Varella would be a good start as they were the final two.
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic