Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Introduction Thread; Introduce Yourself Here!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 06:50 PM (8,119 Views)
GameMaker
Member Avatar
Error: This Title Is Too Smexy To Display
[ *  * ]
Well, as we've currently had a bunch of new people coming in, and I'm lazy, and I want to greet them all, I decided that it was kind of annoying to have to have them all make their own threads, no? So, in that train of thought, I made this thread.

So, what is this thread? Simple. Just a place to introduce yourself, and say 'hello' to everyone. I figured that it would be a lot more convenient for all you new guys, and more convenient for all of us, too, rather than have a bunch of welcome threads filling up General Discussion.
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HELLO I AM JAMES

I DO NOT KNOW HOW WORK THIS WHAT IS RP?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
I had a similar idea, but of course, I forgot about it. Oh well...

Anyway great idea!
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
Error: This Title Is Too Smexy To Display
[ *  * ]
Oh- and one more thing: James shows an excellent way not to post. If you're new, make sure to read the rules, as well as the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). After that, I'd check out the Announcements subforum, and if you're looking for a great way to spend some time, read Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of SotF! (Survival Of The Fittest) It's excellent writing, if I do say so myself, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Oh, and just a little preemptive 'Welcome!' to all, because, as I said above, I'm lazy. :P

And Yoss- well, you stole my 'Happy Birthday SotF Help' thread idea, so now we're even :P

EDIT: Oh, and I got so caught up in the other stuff I forgot to say the other thing that was wrong about James' post. Do not type in all Caps Lock. Ever. It's not a good thing. And now that that's been said, I hope you enjoy SotF!
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OH YEAH & WELCOME NEW DUDES. FEEL FREE TO BE MY BFF I AM VERY FRIENDLY

(ALSO IGNORE GM. EVERYONE WILL LOVE YOU IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There seem to be a lot of rules for just an introduction thread.

FYI: CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

Posted Image

I◄◄
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaybee
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Sorry for adding to the "Hey I'm new" thread clutter, and thanks for your pre-emptive welcome.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WE CAN'T USE CAPS LOCK?! (Sarcasm makes it okay, right? ...Right? :P)
Signature goes here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT I JUST HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY. FEELS MORE NATURAL THAT WAY, FOR WHATEVER REASON.

Umm... yeah.

*waves hello sheepishly*

So far I've flopped around in the chatroom and posted one V4 character, but official hellos are cool too. Hello, folks! I like what you've got going here and I intend to ruin it only slightly.
Jeremy Franco is alive. You can write a better ending, goddammit.

Charlie DuClare is dead. And nothing was easy anymore except to smile.
Julian Avery is dead. Courage was the man with a gun in his hand.
JJ Sturn is dead. Fuck it, all good things gotta come to an end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, my name is Scipher and I'm an alcoholic who will most likely hit on you if you are a female above the age of 18.

I'm a mod, been here since V2. All of my characters except for one have been based on my friends at the start of their journeys. What happens to them along the way, well, they may stray from their RL counterparts.

CAPSLOCK ON CRUISE IS LIKE BARRENS CHAT - I think like 3 people will get that reference

I am of the opinion that I love the fact we are getting an assload of new members, but I am also of the opinion that TV Tropes is stupid, and I hate it when people use Trope terminology in posts, chats, real life conversation.

Anyways, welcome all, and if you have any questions...ask Crash and leave me alone on my porch with my shotgun and jug of whiskey
Is in...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was going to comment on how bad of an into thread this was. But then I saw a couple actual intros, rendering my pontification moot. Also, Death disapproves with not typing in caps lock. Of course, he's prolly got an all-caps font, seeing as he has caps that are caps among caps in the sense that they are bigger caps than the other caps. Also also, "caps" no longer looks like a word.

On a more serious note, how exactly does one go about reading through v1 and v2? I mean, there's a bajillion threads in a bazillion areas, each with a zillion people doing a grillion different things, and there's not much way to tell the order except by looking for post dates.

(A final, less serious note [again]: "bajillion" is evidentally not a word. Neither is grillion. But zillion and bazillion are A-OK.)
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've heard bajillion used before.

Anyway, what people tend to do is visit the Wiki and pick a particular character. All the characters have a list of threads they featured in on their profile page. Then just pick a character and go through it that way. It's not the best, but believe me I've tried ordering the threads chronologically and it's A) Very headache inducing for me and B ) Probably more trouble than it's worth, because the above method works too.

And welcome Rattlesnake. Death rocks.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, I'm Laz. You may remember me from such threads as The Last Gilroyal and Where The Sinners Gather.

I'm SotF's resident paranoiac. I've been here since the previous SotF site and am known to senselessly whore my characters and generally piss people the fuck off just to vent, especially when it comes to TVTropes.

Also, have some pie.

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
Clueless
Jan 5 2009, 04:14 AM
Anyway, what people tend to do is visit the Wiki and pick a particular character.

Where "a particular character" = "Adam Dodd".

In all seriousness, this page has a good list of the characters you might consider following.
Jeremy Franco is alive. You can write a better ending, goddammit.

Charlie DuClare is dead. And nothing was easy anymore except to smile.
Julian Avery is dead. Courage was the man with a gun in his hand.
JJ Sturn is dead. Fuck it, all good things gotta come to an end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello all. I've already made my (almost) final drafts of my V4 charries, so I'll be ready to jump into the pregames, whenever they start. I was introduced here by Tv Tropes,(Which is an awesome site whatever ya say about it) and I'm hoping the pregames start soon!
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jonny
Jan 5 2009, 08:01 PM
Clueless
Jan 5 2009, 04:14 AM
Anyway, what people tend to do is visit the Wiki and pick a particular character.

Where "a particular character" = "Adam Dodd".

In all seriousness, this page has a good list of the characters you might consider following.

There's more than one character in the version ya know, and plenty just as interesting.

Also: Gawd, watch the spoilers eh?
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic