Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Concept Flash Prompts; #I regret nothing#yolo#srs
Topic Started: Nov 12 2014, 02:10 PM (2,733 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
catch-all prompt list (8/25)

Good afternoon, SOTF.

I've been cobbling together a post with advice on character building and Naft's Challenge thread has given me an idea and I just have to run with it.

Whenever it's profile making time and I'm stuck on a particular character, I like to sit down to write a vignette or side-story. I find this as an extremely helpful tool when it comes to biography writing, because it's a way of fleshing out a character without making it a chore.

So here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to be assigning flash prompts to anyone who is interested. Some of these prompts will be serious, others will be silly, and a few might be overbearingly mundane. All of them will be taking place Think of it as homework for your Memories of the Past 101 course if that helps. For an example of what I might assign, here's something I turned into the V6 Concepts Thread.

If you want one, post in this thread with a description of your character (quoting and-or linking to a post in the Concepts Thread is totally cool too). I will give you a prompt, no longer than 500 words, and your job is to write a story or vignette featuring your character. That's it! Well, actually that isn't it. Here are some points!

• Right now I am limiting this to one prompt, per character, per handler.
  • You are super free to get inspired by someone else's prompt and run with it though.
  • There's no time limit with these so you can take as long as you want to do them, assuming you chose to do them at all!
  • You have to submit for the prompt you are assigned before I can give you another one.
  • You are allowed, encouraged, in fact, to ask for a refund if you are stuck. The intention here is to help flesh out your concept so if you're super stuck and can't work with your prompt it just let me know.
These are subject to change later down the line if necessary. I'll be a little busy this afternoon but I'll try to get to assignin' as soon as I can. Have fun! Please don't make me regret the lack of a cap.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eh, Junko still needs to be fleshed out a bit, so I'd like one for her, please.

What I wrote about her in the concepts thread:

Quote:

Junko Kurosawa- Junko is a little adrenaline junkie. As a kid she had seen an episode of Jackass and tried to come up with her own stunts with her friends similar to the show, only to get punished and told not to do it. While she doesn't do that anymore, she still loves being athletic and a bit of a show-off. She practices parkour/free-running, rollerblades when she's not doing that, and I'm considering putting her on a sports team (most likely track). Generally, if it involves stunts, being fast, or just being physical she goes "Sweet, sign me up!". While she doesn't do the whole Jackass thing anymore, she still has a bit of an adventurous and thrill-seeking personality.

Junko is the adoptive daughter of a lesbian couple, and as a result of both this and personally identifying as pansexual she is sensitive about LGBT issues. I'm thinking she is a member of the school's GSA (if there is one), and is open about her support of LGBT rights. Homophobia in particular tends to rile her up.

When she isn't being an adrenaline junkie, she has a few geeky interests. Junko likes comic books, video games, and animation (both anime and Western). Her favorites tend to be more or less action oriented; Junko plays a lot of fighting games, is fond of Dragonball Z, and likes superhero comics.

Personality wise, she's, as you might expect, tomboyish. I'm thinking she's somewhat cocky and a bit of a show-off. One thing I can see happening is her pulling herself over a waist-high fence parkour-style to see a friend on the other side, as casually as possible like it's nothing weird. Might have a bit of a temper too.

She's not super fleshed-out yet, so some of this may change.

So yeah. Make her do things. : D
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like love challenges.

Uh, I got a better name, but I copy-pasted from the Concept thread.

Scarlett McAfee likes to play the piano, also tap dances, avid reader of Star Wars AU books and sci-fi books in general, writes sci-fi stories and Star Wars fanfics herself, likes to hang out with friends, is interested in laws, wants to become either a lawyer or a police officer.

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eh, why not.

Danny Brooks, here's a link to the concepts. I need to flesh him out a bit more, I've been pondering the girls a lot more and he's falling behind.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ooh, this sounds fun. Sign me up!

Henry Spencer: Henry was always an odd boy. His mom died of preeclampsia shortly after his birth, and his father gradually became reclusive and withdrawn afterwards. Henry was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in his youth; while unfailingly cheerful and optimistic, he tends to be a motormouth and go on endlessly about things only he's interested in. This and his bluntness makes him fairly unpopular and an easy target, though he has thick skin and isn't easily messed with. Henry's a good student, and is interested in cryptozoology, conspiracy theories, horror media and trivia.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is such an awesome idea, Ciel! I love it so much!

Here’s a nice pretty link to my concepts! And as for which one I’d like a prompt forrrrr... How about Oskar? :3
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Fiyori Senay - Young woman at the age of 18 (?), child of two very well-educated Ethiopian immigrants and sister of an aspiring model. Some people leave their emo phase beyond when they grow up, Fiyori evolved into a nihilist, apathetic to matters such as ambition or life goals. Little appears to interest her, much to the anger of her parents who just cannot grasp how to reach out to her and give her a bit of a motivation boost. Unbeknownst to her, she suffers from Stargardt disease, which has already started to diminish her visual acuity of the center to 20/70. If SotF were not to exist, her central visual acuity would drop down to 20/200 in her early twenties.

Bring it.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm on a 3DS so I can't directly quote from the thread, but would it be possible to give Jonathan a challenge?

Essentially, he's a foster kid who constantly has to move areas, and has adopted an outside jerk personality so that he doesn't have to say goodbye to the ones he cares about. He's been able to open up to people though, now that it's his final year of high school, and a couple of people have found out about his nature, and why he acts like that. Hobbies are singing, videogames, playing the gutair, and going on internet forums.

I'll be able to link the actual concept when I have the time.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I suppose this sounds fun. Lemme just fish this up here and...

Quote:

Write a girl who's soft-spoken, demure, and has burn scars from a household incident when they were young. She has self esteem issues as a result, and to counter-act them, her father coaxed her into a life of theatre. Has a very good singing voice.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll take one for Abby!
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

CHARITY EVANS:

Lesbian guitar player. Enjoys social gatherings. Laid-back, but a dedicated worker. Part of the school newspaper staff. Might be from adopted parents, haven't decided that yet.

Have at my SUPER DETAILED character concept.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yay prompts yay

...I still need to write my concepts down all the way. Anyway:

Asha Sur: After the death of her father, moved from India to the US along with her mother at an early age. Asha's mother was very controlling during her childhood, pressuring Asha into signing up for ballet classes. Rebelled in middle school with your sterotypical surly Goth phase, lost the attitude when she entered high school; but kept the interests and fashion. Very into horror, sometimes unnervingly so to others. Has a generally bubbly, friendly personality. Publishes her own horror webcomic, and is still super into ballet.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's Jonathan's bio. Note that I didn't add the hobbies for him in the original concepts post.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

An opportunistic dude who's also a drug dealer who's goals in life are to ascend the ladders of power while struggling with the fact that he has to be a role model to his two younger brothers.

A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
Liibaan Abdikarim: A Somali kid, 17, who, despite his American citizenship, has been taught by his parents, who were forced to flee Somalia at the start of the civil war there, to love Somalia with all his heart. His stay in America is only an ends to a mean, his parent's only reason being that he needs a good education. Once he graduates college, he is to go to Somalia immediately, to serve as a government official or an engineer. He has developed a love for Somalia, just like his parents wished, and even knows how to speak Somali somewhat fluently (the level of fluency depends on how large the Somali community in the v6 pregame setting will be). Even with this, however, the high expectations his parents have conflicts with his actual capabilities and attitude. He's very relaxed about school, and is content with passing by the skin of his teeth. His main interests are sports, especially American football. His abrasive personality and short temper make him not fitting for a government official. And he's developed a love for America too, making his impending departure all the more bittersweet.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply