Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Challenges for V6; I just know I'm going to regret this.
Topic Started: Oct 31 2014, 04:20 PM (2,853 Views)
NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, SOTF.

So, for a little while now, I've been positing random, off the top of my head challenges to various people to write for future versions - mostly based on what I see as strengths and weaknesses in them as handlers, and they're tuned to either help fix what I see as potential holes in writing education. These are just for fun, and not intended as a criticism of any handler who volunteers for 'em.

If you want me to issue a challenge for you, post in this thread. I'll slap a challenge to ya and see if you want to pick up the gauntlet.

For those of you who have a challenge - this is the 'refund' thread if you don't like what I tossed you in the first place. If you like your challenge, feel free to post what it was.

Have at!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posting mine!

Quote:

Boxbot: alpha-jock who sprains his ankle just before the abduction
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello, my name is RC and I got a challenge from you. A bully, cause I'm a dick to my own characters and should become more a dick to other ones, I think. I forgot the reason, tbh.

Anyways. I accept it.

And I approve this idea/thread. V6 will have awesome characters.

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's my challenge.

Quote:

Peter Siu

I would like to request another.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Give me a challenge NAFT :D

(I mean I have my characters for V6 worked out but I can always incorporate things)
Turtle's Signature

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
You gave me one where I had to write a bro, I think (baaaaaaaad memory right here), and Josh is totally gonna be one, so another one pleasseeeeee! I wanna shake things up for V6 even more! :D
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think I have a challenge yet.

I want a challenge.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well you threatened to "slap the fuck out of" me in chat if I didn't ask for a refund, so... here we are? Consider it a bonus challenge maybe because I've already incorporated a lot of your first challenge into one of my v6 concepts and I'm going to test drive it at least through pregame.

(For the record, initial challenge: Introverted, unathletic nice girl, where "unathletic" means "her idea of exercise is going up a flight of stairs quickly".)
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NAFT

[Riki ]: Baking obsessed queen bee who loves fashion and boys

Which is, I point out, definitely not a genderflipped self-insert
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd love one if you're up. My concepts tend to slide a llloootttt, so I can't promise I'll actually go through with it and want to give appropriate forewarning, but I'm always down for ideas. :)
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]

*shifty look*

*slooooooowly scooches in*
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ciel

I would like to request another.
Write a school-smart wannabe illustrator who is somewhat traumatized by the fact that he and his younger brother tortured a fox to death when they were boys with matches.

Turtle

Give me a challenge NAFT :D

(I mean I have my characters for V6 worked out but I can always incorporate things)
Write a boy who has held a part-time job in a nursing home for the last two years - since he was 15-16 - and witnesses the nursing staff stealing stuff from the elderly. He hasn't taken action yet. Bonus points if he decides to steal stuff, too.

SansaSaver
Oct 31 2014, 04:30 PM
You gave me one where I had to write a bro, I think (baaaaaaaad memory right here), and Josh is totally gonna be one, so another one pleasseeeeee! I wanna shake things up for V6 even more! :D
I'd like you to write a very nasty person - someone who thinks terribly of everyone around them and is absolutely disgusted with any and all behaviour they'd consider beneath them. Bonus points if they're a scrawny weakling.

Yugikun

I don't think I have a challenge yet.

I want a challenge.
I'd like you to create a straight dude cheerleader with a good nuclear family, have him be the middle child, and have him learn that he's not getting into the college he wants due to poor grades just before the abduction.

TBH

Well you threatened to "slap the fuck out of" me in chat if I didn't ask for a refund, so... here we are? Consider it a bonus challenge maybe because I've already incorporated a lot of your first challenge into one of my v6 concepts and I'm going to test drive it at least through pregame.
Write a guy who was very very good at a fighting/martial art (pick one) but up to a year ago was injured badly enough in an unrelated stunt to ensure that he'd never play/fight again, forcing him to other hobbies.

MurderWeasel

I'd love one if you're up. My concepts tend to slide a llloootttt, so I can't promise I'll actually go through with it and want to give appropriate forewarning, but I'm always down for ideas.
Write a physically intimidating gentle giant, who isn't too book smart but picks up a lot of what he knows/understands via his hero-worship of his smarter, better looking, much smaller older brother.

KamiKaze

*shifty look*

*slooooooowly scooches in*
Write a A-type personality baseball player dude, who feels like he could be a ladies-man if it weren't for a cripplingly devastating stage fright that sneaks up on him whenever he feels like things are going too well. Bonus points if the stage fright doesn't manifest in stuttering.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fuck it, why the hell not. CHALLENGE ME. CHALLENGES. : D
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

trash
Member Avatar
shhhhh
[ * ]
my challenges don't count since i was already gonna do one and a half of them. toss me another pretty please

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am dumb and I managed to completely forget my challenge. >_>

Thus, I would like to humbly request another one. Or a reminder. Either works.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply