Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
National Novel Writing Month 2014; known to other people as 'November'
Topic Started: Oct 31 2014, 07:24 AM (1,214 Views)
Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
So, for those unaware of what NaNoWriMo is, it's a writing challenge wherein you have to write a 50,000 word-novel within the month of November. There are also Camp NaNoWriMos in April and July for those who want something more relaxed (they also come with adjustable goals).

Here, you can post about if you're writing, if so, what you're writing about, how prepared/unprepared you are, how close to the goal you are, setbacks, bursts of inspiration, etc, etc. This year, I'm somehow less prepared than last year because I forgot about NaNoWriMo's existence up until yesterday. So, I'm heading into this with only the barest idea of what I'm going to write. Hurray.

How about you guys?
Edited by Maraoone, Oct 31 2014, 07:26 AM.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
It's almost 1 AM and I'm past 1,500 words already. Feeling pretty good as of now : D
V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
Just noting that you guys can always try this strategy here. It's frontloaded, but designed so that by November 30, you only have to write one word to reach 50,000. I'm trying this, and am 3,000 words in so far : D
V6 Characters:

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
So, how's progress so far on the first/second day of NaNo? Already past 7k here!
V6 Characters:

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
lol the frontload strategy's looking to be pretty difficult, especially with a very busy schedule ahead.

good news is i'm days ahead of schedule! just hit 20k here.
V6 Characters:

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]

4,000 words isn't that bad i can manage 4000 *rocks in fetal position*
V6 Characters:

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
50,000!

I'm really happy, and sorta relieved right now. I did it.

BTW, if you did finish NaNo, what's your guys' 50,000th word? Mine was 'mind'.
V6 Characters:

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply