Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
V5 Twentieth Rolls
Topic Started: Oct 5 2014, 08:17 PM (1,389 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, everyone! So, as you may be aware, only you final ten and staff can see these at the moment. With no further ado, then, the rolls:

1. Joe Carrasco (Violent-Medic)
2. Kathryn Nguyen (Arscapi)
3. Madeline Wilcox (Turtle Tyrant)
4. KK Konipaski (Rattlesnake)
5. Matt Vartoogian (BROseidon)
6. Gray Emerson (Deamon)

Three days for cards, and until the end of October 29 for deaths.

That out of the way, a few notes:

We're keeping this secret to add to the suspense and increase the engagement of the site as a whole, and it'd mean a lot if people would keep things hush-hush. We've also seen in past versions that the second one person is told anything, it starts to spread throughout the site, so we'd highly suggest keeping these quiet even from friends.

That said, we respect that this is all about the folks left in the game, so if you want to talk about your own character's status as rolled/unrolled, it is your choice. If you want to spoil everything, well, we'll be pretty disappointed, but this isn't a situation where we're making some rule or asking everyone to swear an oath of secrecy or whatever. It's just a request, for the sake of the game. :)

Heroes may still be played this roll cycle, but any cards not used now will become null and void in three days' time. They do not carry over to V6.

Soon after card time has passed, we will open a board for the Endgamers to discuss winner selection and Endgame planning.

Congratulations to everyone for making it this far. This is one of the most solid final batches of characters I've seen in all of SOTF and Mini, and I'm sure you guys are gonna make this final ten explosive and awesome.

Logs
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to be the first person here to bite the bullet and ask for a hero, I suppose.

I'm not sure if there are even heroes left in play that are usable, and I won't be surprised if the endgamers don't want to use the cards because they're entering endgame. But, I ask anyway just in case anyone cares.

As for death ideas... I'll get back to you on that.
Turtle's Signature
Offline Profile Goto Top

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If you want to kill Matt or have Matt involved in your character's death in some way, shoot me a PM. I want to get some good writing in to close this shit out.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Offline Profile Goto Top

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I knew the number 2 was cursed for me and my luck held out for way too long, so that isn't any shocker. xD While a hero would be, like, hella awesome, I also won't hold my breath or get bitter if it doesn't happen since, y'know, endgame's a big thing and on the offchance some heroes were going around there's peeps it'd probably work better for anyway. Can't hurt to throw it out there, though. Congratulations to the endgame peeps!

I'm all set for death, so I don't need PMs on that.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've got things more or less laid out for sending Katarina off, but it's not finalized so you're more than welcome to toss in ideas or just chat about it and see if there's anything we want to work together on. Likewise, if you're looking for a good stalking or shooting or shouting match for your character, hit me up and we'll see what we can work out.

Of course, if you are in a position to save and have any inkling at all of gracing Katarina with that power, even if you're 10% on the fence and 90% planning for Endgame, please go ahead and shoot off a board or chat pm or whatever just to see if there's anything there. I'll say straight up that I would absolutely love a save, but I also want it to be the right choice. I'm not after glory or a pointless stay of execution. Character-wise, it's a choice between opening up an arc that needs the crucible of Endgame to come out fully baked, or just trying to wrap things up as they are. I'd really like the chance to go with the former, not only because it's a much stronger direction for myself, but because it leaves a lot of room to motivate and enable at the same time without worrying about tying my own threads together. It also means hitting Endgame knowing exactly what to bring to the table.

Either way, the final ten is a really cool chance to plan together, and we should find ways to tie everyone together to make a sweet launchpad for Endgame.
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not gonna lie I'd love a hero since Gray is my favorite character to write by far and I'd love to get into endgame with him because I think I could do some cool and interesting stuff with him there. If not though send me a PM for death ideas and I'll pick whichever one I think works best.

In any case congrats to the guys that made it to endgame and see you in V6 if I ain't saved.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Online Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Two days and twenty-four minutes for cards and DZs.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, I'm so late on this. I blame work. I need death ideas for Kathryn.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day
Kathryn Nguyen G61 - deceased Start
Bianca Howard G45 - deceased Start
Logan Cadagon B16 - deceased Start

V4 Characters:
Thea Kairos - G067 - deceased
Alexandria "Alex" Jackson - G046 - rescued
Marion Summers - G074 - deceased
Gracie Wainwright - G081 - deceased
Samaya Boen-Hilstrand - G064-deceased
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Twenty hours and twenty-one minutes for cards and DZs.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's past time for cards.
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Endgamers, you should be able to see the planning board right below this one. Please read the topic titled "Welcome to Endgame" before posting anything in it.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As requested by a couple people, I've opened thread creation in this board in case anybody wants to plan anything here. Please be aware, however, that everything posted in this board will be made public on the 30th.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quick reminder:

Less than two weeks remain to complete deaths, and there will be no extensions for any reason.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A failure to the last, eyyy.

*moonwalks out of V5* Good luck to those remaining! :3
V6 Characters

V5 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A bit over nine days for deaths. That's just over a week. I highly recommend aiming to get them in at least a day or two before the cutoff, too, since disasters always crop up at the last minute.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic