Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MW's Tiny Critiques: Strength/Weakness; Finally a critique thread I won't take years to plow through!
Topic Started: Aug 18 2014, 02:19 AM (6,930 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Could I have a rundown of Sebastien Bellamy?
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
... Yeah. Ami Flynn let's do this.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you for the critique! I think you hit on a couple of the things I've been struggling to sort out myself with Gabe in retrospect better than I could, and it'll be really helpful looking back at him in the future.

I'd like to put in Alda Abbate, if I may. My time with her starts here.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll throw in Hansel.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

D/N
Member Avatar
Guy Maddin's favorite A.D.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, guess I'll ask for Dee. All links in signature!
v6!
G058: Kaitlyn Greene aka Katy Buried - Horse Tranquilizer and Syringe
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - Replica Freddy Glove - DECEASED
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-
B023: Jesse Jennings - Riz Action Figure - DECEASED
From Vision to Glory -Vision--Summon--Time--Plan--Length--Sleep--Cause-

v4!
B006: Ricky Fortino - Trowel - DECEASED
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - Remington 870 - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - VASE D: - DECEASED
G077: Andrea Raymer - Gunpowder - ?????

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably only doing the one tonight, just as a heads-up for those in the queue.

Erik Lowell

Strength: Erik takes a premise that could really easily be overblown or unrealistic and generally handles it with admirable restraint. He's an SOTF-TV fan who to some extent carries that persona with him into the game, thinking about himself in relation to the show and letting his actions be informed by his experience, but this never dehumanizes him. Instead, he actually is a very fearful character in many ways, which makes him pretty relatable and gives him good depth. He's a great example of a character being heavily tied to the setting without also being totally alien to the real world.

Weakness: In part due to relatively infrequent posts, Erik's story is pretty brief even for how early in the game he goes out, and his second thread in particular feels very perfunctory. Especially with only four threads, having one be a two-post in-and-out isn't great for Erik's momentum, particularly since neither he nor Gabe really get anything of note from the interaction. That aside, my biggest other sticking point would be that Erik's stutter can get a little overblown when it's rendered phonetically every single time--at a certain point, it's probably stronger to only spell it out occasionally, both for greater realism and for emphasis.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Don't usually ask for critiques ever, but stopping by today to drop my short-lived Laotian girl with a bit of promise from Program 2 Gwen Phonesavanh, for review. She was written specifically for the Program universe and had a total of 2 threads and 10 posts or under, so that should be a really easy one.

I promise it's still a decent read, I hope. Her profile's pretty good though. >_>

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Critiques · Next Topic »
Add Reply