Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Airport Security
Topic Started: May 15 2014, 03:47 PM (584 Views)
Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Bayview Brigade START)

You'd be surprised how few groups of high school seniors heading out on their class trip disappear. Really, for that many people, all from one place, to vanish together? It's unusual. It's the kind of thing that draws eyes, particularly the kind of eyes that are looking for it.

Like the eyes of one Lin Xiang.

It took a day or two to figure out what happened, another day to make the necessary arrangements. But four days after the class of Aurora High School had disappeared, Lin Xiang was stepping off his plane at the airport that the students of Aurora High had left from. He wore a button-up shirt tucked into khaki pants and moved with an easy languid grace. His eyes were hidden behind mirror-like aviators.

There'd be more to see around Seattle, but this was the place he needed to start. The place from which the plane had departed.

Fortunately, building a cover story wasn't so hard anymore. They'd learned a lot over the last few years. Easy enough to slip a few bucks into the pocket of an enterprising Chinese company and have them briefly hire Lin Xiang as a consultant and investigator. Now his papers were in order. And when he needed to talk to someone high-up at the airport, they wanted him. He represented a potential investment.

Easy enough to turn the conversation around to that most recent disappearance.

What he got from them wasn't much, but it was a start--some of the pilot's history, some information on the crew. And that was good, because he now had leads, but it wasn't enough, not yet. He needed to know more.

So after he finished his initial investigation, he headed towards the school. A different story this time; he was the same consultant, but now he represented a non-profit interested in starting a scholarship in memorial of the supposedly-dead students.
Edited by Grim Wolf, Mar 15 2015, 11:46 PM.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Headed out of the airport, headed for the school. Coverstory in place, and he doubted his enemy had the resources to keep track of every single Bayview relation, particularly if they really had undertaken a new game. But still, it was best to move fast, if he wanted to have any hope of...

Lin swiveled his head to stare at the passerby, and considered for a moment. "Where you headed?" he asked.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Huh. That was fortunate.

"I'm headed the same way," Lin said. "Let's split the cab. Cheaper for the both of us."

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They hailed a taxi and stepped in together. With a low rumble, the taxi roared to life and peeled out into Seattle. "So," Lin said. "What's taking you to Aurora?"

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lin nodded soberly. "I represent someone who'd like to establish a scholarship in honor of those kids who went down on the trip," he lied. "Just wanted to sound out the administration, get some details."

He leaned back in his seat. "Your kid handling it okay?"

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Meanwhile... · Next Topic »
Add Reply