Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Wild Beard Appears; A Pathfinder Experience
Topic Started: May 1 2014, 10:51 AM (5,109 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Just recently a lil' group of us kicked off on a Pathfinder campaign. It's my first time sitting in the DM chair, so naturally I have immediately gone mad with power.

This thread is a place for our heroes to post anything they might fancy about the adventure (and adventurers), and hopefully within which we will be proceeding to update you over time about the escapades of one and a half elves, one and a half humans, a dwarf and half of a ling, whatever that is.

So read on for a mystical journey of intrigue, magic and warfare!

And beards.

Lots and lots of beards.

A Song of Drinking, Facial Hair, and Most-Definitely-Appropriate-CR-Encounters

Hey Elena guess what
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YOUR OP IS WEAK, ELENA. ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

In our last adventure Elena put us up against like a hundred dudes and also a level 5 monk. Two members of our party died and Elena had to GM fiat it. BALANCE.

YOUR HEROES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

OREBIC UNDERHELD:
Posted Image
Dorf Paladin, played by Kilmarnock.
Professional Paladin and Amateur Skull-Crusher. Follows Keila around for some reason.

KEILA BLATHIN
Posted Image
Half-Elf Sorcerer, played by Deamon.
Pretty sure Keila is on drugs. Mostly throws rainbows at shit.

LISBETH RAND
Posted Image
Half-Elf Ranger, played by Rachel.
Bounty-Hunter and the only person in the party who understands the term "due process".

FLORIANO DEROSA
Posted Image
Half-Elf Bard, played by DiseasedBear.
Also a half-elf. The healer we need, but not the one we deserve.

AETA TIDETURNER
Posted Image
Halfling Fighter, played by Slamexo.
Not allowed in taverns any more.
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Journal of Orebic Underheld
Penned the 14th day of Moradin's Hall

I write this in preparation for the partaking of a journey, the likes of which may potentially lead me around the continent and possibly around the world as well. If I am to return to Yuulg, that is a question to be answered by fate and time alone. So as I write this down, I look around the walls of my old hovel. I suppose I will miss it, but what is missing to a dwarf will surely be in the exact condition he left it upon return.

The stories told to me by my father of Blathin are but in the tone of his voice and not etched in stone, nor marked on parchment. I have only my memory to carry me on this journey - that, and my journal, so that it might help me to recall some detail. They are in Haaft's landing... the first destination of what I am sure will be many. There, I will be meeting a Cayla. Kayla. Keila. I am unsure of how her name is spelled, but I will be meeting her.

I am told many things about her. Too many to write at the moment, but the most outlandish are things that certainly will not be escaping my memory any time soon. She holds within her an ancient power, one that has the potential to be terrifying if not monitored. I have yet to encounter a phenomenon the likes of which I've been informed of, and so I am apprehensive. If she is anything like the older of the Blathin line, however, at the very least I know that the link between the Blathin line and the Underheld clan will continue to be moored in trouble, adventure, and cheating death.

So Moradin help me.

Orebic Underheld
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Journal of Lisbeth Rand
Case Notes: A Murder in Broad Daylight.

Another murder case. My skills are wasted on cases like these. The circumstances surrounding this case were, however, unusual enough to pique my interest. Victim was stabbed to death in the middle of a crowded street in broad daylight. An unusual MO for a cut purse and too obvious to be a hired killer. The Target is obviously the killer, who escaped apprehension by running into the crowd.

Personally witnessed the crime, further piquing my interest. Street was too crowded to mount an effective pursuit of the killer, so I waited for the guards to investigate. I volunteered to assist the City Watch in their investigation. Following a brief questioning, myself and a number of other witnesses- this was, after all, a crowded street during the City's largest festival- were sent to investigate an unrelated string of robberies in the docks. I suspect the City Watch's motives in "requesting" our help may be less than noble, and I have no intentions of being their hired thug.

Here is what I managed to determine:
- Killer is a tall, blonde humanoid of indeterminate gender. Had no beard. (Apparently, this is important.)
- Murder weapon was a strange knife, possibly enchanted. Not a military sword, nor was it connected to the case in the docks.

Something doesn't add up. I'm gonna keep investigating. With or without the others.

Case Notes: Robberies in the Docks.

This is a list of things that actually happened today:

1. I died. That was certainly a thing that happened.
2. I and some "amateur enthusiast" thugs-for-hire were sent to investigate a string of robberies in the docks.
3. The group decided to split up and search for clues. I was paired with a Halfling ex-cop named Aeta. We decided to ask around the local taverns for information.
4. Aeta threatened the owner of one such establishment. In his own bar. Surrounded by the man's drunk patrons. Aeta is no longer allowed in taverns.
5. Met a sleazy elf in another tavern who claimed to know something about the attacks. I threw him two silvers to get him talking and he gave me the murder weapon- "discarded" by the attacker. The case started to seem more like a murder case than a robbery. Retrieved the murder weapon and presented it to the City Watch as evidence.
6. We regrouped at the Station. The dwarf had the idea of disguising ourselves and pretending to be the City Watch. This terrible idea lasted until someone politely informed him that the attackers had avoided openly antagonizing the Watch.
7. So we stood out on the docks and waited for a fight. A drunk man with no weapon made us all look like chumps.
8. Also, I died. That was a thing that happened.
9. After a protracted fight, we defeated the drunk and his hired sailors.
10. The Dwarf Paladin caved in an unconscious man's skull because Paladins have no concept of due process. Go team.
11. Then we got paid and the others went to get drunk. Aeta hopefully died in a painful and hilarious way.

Everything sucks and I'm going to sleep. The City Watch think we've solved the case but I think they're hiding something.

-Lisbeth.
V5:
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Diary of Keila Blathin

Dear diary.

Today was interesting I guess. I mean it started out normally I woke up and helped around the inn all the usual things. After finishing all my errands I was just about to go for a walk when this dwarf walked in to the inn. He said he had been sent to watch over me. I didn't really get time to tell him to leave me alone because after we'd left he inn a man got stabbed in the middle of the street in broad daylight. During the middle of some celebration or something I dunno, my dad did explain it to me but I wasn't really listening.

We ended up speaking to some of the city guard because we were witnesses and going to speak to a guy who had been attacked and roobed robed by some guys at the docks. So me adn and the dwarf his name is Orebic were thebait while the others hid and we waited for the thigs thugs. So me and the other witnesses, Lisbeth (a half-elf like me but she's taller and more grumpy), Orebic (you know him), Aeta (a halfling who talks like he thinks he's a legendary hero) and Floriano (a half-elf like me who is good at first aid).

So we got in this big fight and I think Lisbeth may have died. I knocked two guys out using that rainbow thing I do and Orebic had a fight with a big guy with a massive beard...then he caved in one of the thugs skulls, which was less cool.

We got paid the most gold I've ever seen in my life by the city guards. Then Aeta asked if there was anywhere I new where we could drink, only because I asked Orebic if he wanted to spend the night at the inn. (He explained his father new my father and his glandfather grandfather new my grandfather).

So I've drunk for the first time and thats why this entry is all scribbly and makes no sense. I think I had two and Orebic said I did well for my size. I still feel dizzy though. I might go to sleep. We were told by the city watch that they may have more work for us so that should be fun. It's almost like an adventure. If only we left the city. Ok diary I'm done writing.

Night!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Diary

It's morning, my head hurts and I have no idea what I wrote in you last night.

I'm sorry.

Keila.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Journal of Aeta Tideturner

Now that I’m out in the world and making a name for myself, I decided that I should keep a record of my adventures. That way, my future fans will know how it all happened and how their hero become their hero. I’ll have to get someone who’s better with words than me to make sure my story receives the justice it deserves at some point, but for now I’ll just make sure to keep notes of what happened so that the writer knows how it all went down when I get around to hiring one.

CHAPTER ONE: A HOT MUGGY DAY

That day marked the first day in my bold new adventure on the continent of Tarai. I remember the sights and sounds of Hafft’s Landing’s celebration with great fondness: booze was flowing, loose men and women were everywhere, and the fresh smell of the sea air hung in the air.

That was until the horrible stench of murder overcame it.

I rushed outside as fast as I could, but the murderer had already legged it. Though I tried to give chase, my size worked against me in the crowd, and I lost sight of them within moments. Sensing an adventure afoot, I headed towards the local guards office in hopes of finding clues.

There, I found myself paired with four other people who had also seen the murder. The chief, a man of little patience and a little moustache, didn’t seem happy about the idea of hiring on highly trained people like myself, and so he assigned us to an unrelated string of robberies instead. Though the idea didn’t seem like the most exciting thing in the world to me, having much rather been interested in finding the killer and taking them down I took it on after lengthy negotiations where free booze was offered. Well, I negotiated free booze out of him.

Anyway, me and the other four, a tiny half elf named Keila, a dwarf named Orebic, a ginger half elf named DeRosa, and an irritable cow named Lisbeth, split up into two groups to check down on clues. Drawing the short end of the straw, I wound up with the last one, who I decided to nickname Hot Pants, as I didn't know her name at the time.

Heading towards the scene of the crime, it was my idea to investigate the local bar. The first bar, Sailor’s Rest, was very uncooperative with our investigation, but I could tell they didn’t have any useful info, so I took Lisbeth to the nearest other tavern, named Red River or something like that. Inside was a shifty looking man with a knife, which I negotiated him down from one gold piece to two silver pieces with a glare alone. Lisbeth was going to hand him full price, but as a former guard, I know how to deal with extorters like him when I run into them. Oh yes and the sailors on the docks were no help either.

With the knife in hand, we went back to meet up with the rest of the team. They talked to some wounded guy and got the details of the crime, so I came up with the idea of a sting operation to flush out the muggers. It worked like a charm, as the dwarf and his half elf companion were quickly ambushed by a group of armed men and a drunken ugly half orc.

I wasn’t in a good spot, so it took me a while I leapt into the fight as soon as I could, though my companions weren’t as capable in a fight as I was, so there were some injuries. Though I took down two of their men and their leader, Lisbeth was nearly taken down by one particularly nasty mugger. Thankfully, the tiny half elf sprayed him with a rainbow, so there was obviously a reason she had decided was allowed to chase down these criminals. the rainbow knocked him out.

After we’d beaten their leader, and the rest of their crew save for one slippery crossbow man who couldn’t aim at all, the dwarf showed a dark side and executed one of the muggers on the spot. I thought it was a bit much, especially since the town guard couldn’t have been that far away, but decided not to hold it to him. They knew what they were doing when they tried to attack us, after all.

With the muggers beaten, the chief offered us a generous pay and additional work if we wanted it. As the mystery of the murder remained unsolved, I knew that I would be coming back to them to keep looking into this. That, and I couldn't shake the feeling that the chief was holding out on me.

But before that, we all went drinking at the tiny half elf’s tavern. Well, except for Lisbeth, but that was probably definitely a good thing.

ENEMY LOG

I’ll keep track of who I beat and how too, just so that the playwrights know how to best write my epic battles.

Mugger, Cutlass
Comes in packs. Fairly easy to put down, especially if they forget how long a spear is, and don’t like rainbows.

Mugger, Crossbow
Comes with the cutlass muggers. Packs a wallop if you don’t deal with them, make sure you do next time because they tend to run away like little girls if they’re on their own. Oh well, scars are sexy.

Hauk (I think? Something like that.) Vulk Turns out Hauk was that half-orc deputy.
Can wail on a dwarf in a suit of armour with his bare fists forever, but can’t do much about a spear in his chest. May also have a thing for dwarf that goes both ways. Drunk and potentially dangerous, but in custody now thanks to us.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Penned the 16th day of Moradin's Hall

I write this after waking up from perhaps the most long, restful sleep I have enjoyed in a month, and before undertaking the most annoying chore of attempting to don my armor. Normally, I have help donning it from another from the order, but now that I am effectively in a room by myself... I may have to call somebody up. Perhaps the senior Blathin will help.

Yesterday's trials were many, and I feel they were largely accomplished. Unfortunately, not long after meeting with Keila, we witnessed a murder happen right before us. Asked for questioning (and thankfully not considered suspect as my initial misgivings would have predicted), I took it upon myself to serve the city watch as part of my civic duties. I was accompanied by others: a professional hunter of some sort, a singer of songs and stories, and a wee one claiming to have been a cop. Of course, Keila was there too. I suppose this could serve as our proto-adventure.

When apprehending a group of criminals, I was able to quickly eliminate at least one man from the fight, then I was sure to keep the largest and angriest foe's attention directly on myself. I am pained to admit it was a glorious battle, one that would have bestowed great honor upon me if I were to have died. There were no deaths between the two of us, and he was taken alive for questioning. There were deaths, of course. One man died early on, and I delivered the final blow to another before my companions seemed to find it objectionable. Why ending the suffering and slow bleeding of a man who had accosted us as a murderer and thief would be objectionable, I do not know. What I do know is that the order asks of me to adapt to cultures and to remain inoffensive, so long as I may still adhere to my oaths, personal and dutiful.

Also Keila asked me not to do it again. So the war hammer will only meet a standing opponent. Fair enough.

Orebic Underheld
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Serpico
Member Avatar
It's your boy.
[ *  * ]
From the diary of Floriano Teimerkus DeRosa
Date left blank.

Truth be told, I miss Variin. My family would send me off again if I was to return, so I find it difficult to lift my spirit even with these festivities. I was told that my father might be somewhere “that way, to the west probably”, which is a testament to my grandfather’s elder’s lack of direction or care – we have long grown distant (he’s so hateful, even without him saying it you can tell). I have no idea where to go, there is no trail to follow, but I wear the surname of my father in the hopes that somehow it will help – probably futile. I am told that I look very much like him; I’m not sure how to feel about it. His name is Mackwell, I have to remember that.
---
I was witness to a murder, so definitely not a day to lift my spirits. I did not see much, save for their hair colour. It was bright blonde, not very much to go on unfortunately. I was rounded up as a witness and ended up collaborating with some strangers on request of the city guard. There was a constable Markus, around the age of thirty perhaps. He enlisted us to investigate supposed muggings, apparently his force was busy.

A half elf, an adult with colder disposition and dark hair, she also saw the same plus more, they lacked facial hair and carried a strange weapon. I’m somewhat embarrassed to say that I’ve forgotten her name. I don’t know if I should come clean and ask. There were others, a younger looking girl with blonde hair named Keila, and her supposed dwarven protector Orebic (She seemed puzzled about it and so was I) There was also a Halfling, who later offered me a drink. He is known as Aeta, there’s no way I’d forget the name of someone so kind as to offer that. I’m not usually shy, but today I found it difficult to speak up. I hope that I made a good impression. But I guess I digress a little.

There was a half-orc guard named Hauk, he was actually kind of helpful in an enthusiastic way, I suppose. We split up; half of us leaving to see a man who had been attacked, the ones that left were Aeta and the black haired one – Really I should remember her name, I remember her face clearly enough. There was talk about high king Gustaf, Tolstygg the younger and Skarn, it was mostly idle speak. When we arrived to see the man who had been attacked – Jurgen his name was – he was still recovering. He described the night in the detail he could, cloaked figures posing as muggers but did not seem interested in money very much, already peculiar I thought. He continued to elaborate that they had heavily braided beards. Orebic and Keila remarked this to be something common among some northern workers at the docks, sailors and the like. After leaving we conversed a little, it made me feel a little at ease with them.

When we regrouped, the group planned a stakeout for the muggers. Orebic and Keila would serve as bait at the docks, and the rest of us would be watching. I’m ashamed to say that I was spotted relatively quickly, I thought the alley was a good enough cover but I guess it really shows that I’m still new to these situations. I had intended to fight, but I found little opportunity to strike any opponent when my allies’ wounds became pressing matter. I started to perform; singing songs traditionally intended to inspire courage. I’d never tell them, but I was singing to steel myself for the battle because even with all I had been taught, I felt inexperienced.

There was a relatively large man – more beard than man, who seemed to cause the most trouble for us. Orebic went into melee with him, keeping him occupied. They exchanged banter to the point where I began to feel mild discomfort from it, like the feeling of being the third wheel on a date. Keila’s magic was impressive, and Aeta was more powerful than what my initial impression of him suggested, the one with black hair seemed to be trained in archery – I wish I had taken up the bow sometimes, I don’t think she’d show me if I asked. When the arduous battle was drawing to a close, we managed to capture the bearded ring leader. Orebic did something unexpected; he crushed the skull of an incapacitated man. Everyone else began to object, I think I was the only one not to, I had mixed feelings about it but it was already done. The criminals were collected by the guard; we were given a substantial reward for our troubles.

Most importantly these people feel like proper companions for the most part, I don’t know if I’m being too enthusiastic about it. Truth be told, I don’t think I’ll be too lonely for a while – I hope I impressed them. It was an entertaining night of drinking.
---
Coming back to my journal a few hours later, I remember that her name was Lis or Liz, something like that. I guess I won’t have to tell her I forgot her name after all! Unless I have to recall her full name, I’m in trouble then.
NOTHING HERE, GO HOME EVERYONE.
Brady Kim Floyd || Cochise Highschool - Senior || Status - Just Fine || Availability: NIl. ||
Pregame thread count: || 1 ||

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Session two is in the books.

It may or may not have featured the following:

Smuggling ale into an interrogation.
Northman Hogan.
Threatening to waterboard prisoners.
'Period dress' ship figurehead.
WOLGREN
Spending quite a while thinking a fat, balding man was a wizard.
Pirate shawn michaels.
One-shotting a boss fight.
Nearly dying because of webs and friendly fire.
And of course... beards.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ricky rolled a fort save against Hep C.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

CHAPTER TWO: A TANGLED WEB OF LIES

Waking up, I could tell that trouble was a stone’s throw away from us. I went out and bought a new seat of gear that day, something of a better quality to suit my skills, and a second spear for throwing at people I couldn’t reach. After all, last night’s encounter had shown that we were going to meet cowards who wouldn’t take me on face to face. Understandable but still cowards.

Heading to the guards office, Orebic wanted to interrogate the drunk from the night before. I left them to it, rather than wasting my breath on a bastard who couldn’t take a spear to the chest without crying over it the next day. He tried to insult me, but that just showed how worthless he was. He did continue flirting with Orebic though. Maybe they'd let Orebic into his cell for some private time?

They found out where Valk worked, so we headed over there to investigate. The ship was called The Bride, but they might as well have called it The Bloody Bride with their figure head. I asked them about it, but the sailors weren’t exactly chatty. Not the most friendly people but I didn't feel like they were who we were looking for.

The rest of the group found out a codeword or something from Valk’s possessions, so we headed over to the location after finding out the codeword from the captain. I was talking to the sailors for this part, so I don’t really know the details, but you can just make them up or whatever.

Arriving at the place where Valk was supposed to be meeting his companions, we learned it was a bunkhouse. A slat in the door slide open, the surly man behind it demanding the codeword. Lisbeth or maybe Ore We gave it to them, and the door opened. Before we knew it, we were surrounded by angry looking drunks. A trap! We should have expected them to realise we weren’t Valk, since there were five of us. Well it wasn’t my idea anyway.

A man serving drinks tried to jump into the fight, but I scared him to his knees with a single glare. The rest of the bar wasn’t so smart, however, but they didn’t last long against me and my spears. The others also helped, and I had put down the bulk of their troops in a matter of minutes.

Suddenly, reinforcements! That man who I’d scared to his knees someone who the others had ignored had rung a bell, and summoned help from upstairs. Out poured more troops, including the crossbow man who had ran with his tail between his legs the night before.

He didn’t get a chance to run again. I shot my spear through him like a cannon, and he flew into the wall in a heap.

A woman who had poured out with the others, obviously scared by how quickly her friend had gone down, knew she had to run and made a wall of magical web that blocked our path. I tried to stab through to them with my spear, but it wasn't working, and before we could stop them they’d gotten away.

We arrested the rest of the bunkhouse, interrogating the balding man for more information, but it was no good. All he said was that the man who’d stabbed the guy in the street the other day wore a black cloak, news that didn’t narrow down our subjects at all. I was tired I was about to leave to go get some well earned rest, when the guards revealed that our pay was much smaller than what we’d gotten the night before. Having put down several people in one night, I went to the chief to negotiate a fair price.

I was tired, but the chief continued to hold out on me when it came to a fair pay for an honest days work. However, I decided to cut him some slack, as he was obviously stretched to his limits and mine and the others help was all that stood between his city and a crime spree.

ENEMY LOG

Bunkhouse Mook, Cutlass
The same as the muggers, really. Whether they were working together or not remains to be seen, but they sure go down the same.

Bunkhouse Mook, Crossbow
Some barmaid decided to get involved. Too bad for her I’d learned my lesson from last night, and she didn’t get a chance to shoot anyone.

Caster
Can block a path with webs, and not too bad in a straight up fight either. Her webs are strong, so don’t try to break through them or you could get stuck.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Penned the 17th day of Moradin's Hall

I am learning the conventions of human settlements more and more as time wears on, though I am increasingly perpetually confused by them. Though a quick execution had been deemed far too excessive before, several men died during an altercation today and not much mind was paid towards it (though there was a concerted effort to keep several men alive, so I can try and make some sort of distinction). The true confusion that torture is apparently okay. This is not specifically against my code as the paladin order is at times forced through such methods of inquisition, but one allowance juxtaposed against another prohibition is enough to addle the mind.

Concerning an addled mind, today featured an act of particular interest. I suppose you could say it's the dwarf in me fighting the paladin, but during an interrogation, I sought to bring some ale into the jailhouse to get our friend Valk to open up. Sure enough, he told us everything we needed to know, directing us to his old ship and where to look to get info. The crew was very cooperative, despite the halfling's best efforts to make them just as rabid a force of enemies as he has managed to do to several times before.

I jest, but I was tasked with saving his life during the bar fight tonight as he was tangled up in the webs. With tower shield held forth and all faith to Moradin the forge-father, I cleared the treacherous material and was able to block the wee one from incurring further harm. Somebody struck at Keila, and in my great failings, was stricken by a rage so great that the assailant was sent across the room.

There are a few aimless scribblings here that seem to be the beginnings of some Dwarven text but are not fleshed out.

Ah, yes. We brought in another man, the owner of that fine establishment, who offered us our next lead. Unfortunately, several scoundrels escaped out the back, and I had to let them go in exchange for assuring the halfling's and Keila's safety. Before chasing down an enemy in great pursuit, I might prioritize protecting my charge. Harm came to her today, but I have been forgiven and wounds healed. I am able to pay the sir Blathin for his meal and his room, and can now rest in this inn in the total comfort of body and mind.

To that end I should start drinking far more.

Orebic Underheld

V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
IT WAS A GODDAMN AMBUSH.

THERE WAS A SWOOOOORDFIIIIIIIIIGHT!
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

[The last page appears to have been violently and carelessly torn out]
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Penned the 19th day of Moradin's Hall

It would seem that I missed writing in my journal the night prior. Unfortunate. I will have to exercise more diligence in chronicling my activities.

The case has taken several turns for the unexpected. Yesterday, late into the evening, we were accosted on our way to the Bride by two villains in guard uniforms. I understood they were not of the watch almost straight away and that we were headed into a trap, but the halfling and I pushed onward while the elves stayed back at a safe distance. Unfortunately, the trap was more significant than I had initially thought, many wretched bags of wickedness seeping from dark corners and alleyways to surround us.

We saw two of the folks from the bar in that alleyway. The woman, Triska, I managed to pin down. She was dropped to the ground but... in a strange turn of events, her partner turned on her and attempted to murder her. We needed to extract her as it was highly likely that she had sensitive information that the scoundrel was attempting to seal up forever. We needed to run from the altercation and reported back with heavy wounds. It took all my power just to ensure Triska's survival as well as Keila's safety.

I think I am beginning to remember why I did not chronicle this day.

This morning, we started with some interrogations at the prison. As the halfling put it, getting information from those two was like attempting to draw blood from a stone (actually pretty good, I'll be sure and use that in the future). Immediately following my attempts to speak with the two, the prison was breached by somebody who I now believe to be Ilda, the ship's quartermaster. She glowed a bright evil when I first gazed upon her, and now I am understanding why. With the note left from the breaching, I split off from the rest of the group to procure a few ales to enjoy with Valk in an attempt to get him to let loose some information.

I decided to share with him that embarrassing story from so many years ago. We shared what I believe to be a genuine laugh. He would be a most trustworthy friend were he not mixed up in such an awful mess. Actually, he is proving to be quite valuable to our investigations anyway. Perhaps when this business has ended, we can share a drink... on his tab, this time. I feel my pocket aching and my liver begging for more.

On that note, the halfling challenged me to a drinking contest. I vowed not to call him by name until he could match me mug for mug. Since he will never do this on account of his stature and race, I'll simply invent another reason to call him by name once the joke wears thin with me.

Our trails led, first, to Ilda. Then to Urko. I must confess with trepidation, rare to my heart, that I am withholding information pertinent to the investigation from Markus and the rest of the watch. Ilda wants us to incriminate Urko and to ruin him, but I fear that if we take that path, we walk a road to disgrace and ruin while Urko's tormentors roam free.

Somewhere, an innocent soul is held captive under a veil of blackmail. We must fully explore this channel and unravel the shroud of deception, for a foundation cannot support a city if there are too many holes.

Orebic Underheld
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply