Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Intermission
Topic Started: Mar 27 2014, 06:25 PM (1,640 Views)
BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Finn approved. Making some assumptions about the sequence of events based on Zab's post, pm me if something's off))

For some reason, Finn told Matt about the gun and let him have it. That was good; it meant he was building trust. Trust that he could betray in that instant. Matt felt that empty hollowness rise from within him at that realization. He didn't deserve that trust.

Still, Finn was also worth a lot more alive than dead, even if only for Matt's sanity.

He took the gun and went outside, only to see the back of one person, and Juhan.

"Uh, hi," Matt said.

Juhan seemed a bit skittish, though. He said that he was just leaving, and was waiting for his friend. Ian Williams came out of one of the rooms eventually, and the two of them left.

Matt and Finn stayed there the rest of the day, and again slept in the two rooms. When the announcements played and the hotel was called as a danger zone, Matt could feel the adrenaline pumping. He had to get out of there.

He and Finn were out well before their collars would have blown.

((Finn and Matt continued elsewhere))
Edited by BROseidon, May 17 2014, 09:52 AM.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Ian Williams continued from: So, How Was Your Day?))

It shouldn't have been so hard to cross a freaking doorway.

Ian heard Juhan calling, he tried to answer, but then he was gagging, choking back the bile in his mouth again. It was so stupid. He'd known it was coming, he'd known he'd have to leave sooner or later, but always he'd hesitated and delayed.

There'd been plenty of excuses, after all, between the rain and what all. It was impossible to pinpoint any particular moment they'd decided to stay the extra day. They hadn't really come to a consensus, they'd barely even mentioned it. The day had just sort of slipped away, and perhaps that was for the best.

The truth wasn't something he could explain, after all. The others didn't understand, and perhaps they couldn't. He didn't even fully understand himself. There were no words to describe the sheer terror he'd felt facing Paulo, no way of explaining what it meant to realize you could die at any moment. To be helpless.

But they were calling. They'd leave. He had to go. Being alone was worse. He didn't want to worry them. That wouldn't be right, he wasn't supposed to be the problem.

He stood up, will alone allowing him some semblance of control as he faced the door again. He hesitated, took a deep breath, and stepped across. It shouldn't have been so hard. He turned to face Juhan and another person.

The false smile died on his lips as quickly as it had come. The other boy had a gun. He stared for a moment, his expression uncertain, his body frozen. Helpless.

The other boy said something awkwardly, and walked back into the room. Ian stood a moment longer, then nodded to Juhan.

"Sorry."

He was silent for a long time afterwards.

((Ian Williams continued in: Glass))
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)

Maraoone
Member Avatar
COMIN OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOIN JUST FINE
[ *  *  * ]
Juhan simply looked oddly at Takeshi as he suddenly left. That was Dawn of the Dead he was talking about. The version he watched ended with the mall being overwhelmed by zombies, and the survivors escaping to an island that was also infested. He didn't really see what was wrong with the hotel. It was a literal labyrinth of rooms, and they were only getting out to get some supplies. This was what Juhan thought until Matt came out.

With a gun in his hand.

Despite the fact that he had been on SOTF for a week by now, and that most of his friends had died by now, he had still never been confronted by someone with a weapon. Not one player had come after them.

"Hi. We're just leaving, don't need to... just waiting for someone," Juhan stuttered out.

Words escaped him right now. Ian still wasn't here, and he had no idea what to do.

Thankfully, Matt went back in, and Ian came. Juhan glared at him, and ran. He ran down the stairs, past the corpses, and continued doing so until he was out the hotel.

((Juhan Levandi continues in Glass))
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Upper Levels · Next Topic »
Add Reply