Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,560 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd like a character if you would be so kind.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Morgan Ackland:

Profile-Well first of all, I think Morgan had a really good profile. It could probably have worked in V4 and even V5 with a few touchups. She's a normal, ordinary girl, and I think she works really well as a normal girl, especially when compared to some of the less normal characters of V3.

Game-Morgan's game was pretty short. She only had 3 threads, and one of them consisted of a single post before leaving. Still, she had a good rapport with James (despite them being handled by the same handler, I think they worked fairly well and got turns in the limelight), she was fairly believably scared and freaking out and being very cowardly and afraid without being cartoonish. I think she was a strong character, and relatively consistent in breaking down overall.

Death-That formatting. There was so much format play that seemed unnecessary and gratuitous it really distracted from what wasn't a terrible death itself. It seemed cheap and I wasn't very fond of it.

Overall-Morgan was a solid character, not super standout but with no real weaknesses, and I think she was pretty realistic, although her death was excessively formatted.

Score-7

Roll me another!

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Joseph Cande:

Profile-Well besides the very short appearance, nothing seems out of order. Fairly standard aside from the parenthetical notions. Emoticons, random dinosaurs, what is this? He's fairly flat though, consisting mostly of references to his obsession to ninjas, so I wasn't sure where he'd go in-game.

Game-Well Joe had even less than Morgan, and shared a thread with her, except he only like had one post there. His primary trait was being a doofus, and he attacked someone with pretty much no provocation. Still, I guess he didn't have any massive weaknesses or flaws, so it's not terrible, just kind of mediocre.

Death-Not much to say since Joe wasn't actually posted with when he died. It was a bit contrived, I guess.

Overall-Meh, nothing really standout, and really one-dimensional from what he had.

Score-5

Ready for Round 3!

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Madison was I think a very weird character. I think early on she was okay as the scared weak girl with the twist of secretly considering violence. I don't really like where she went after that though, becoming basically a calculating murderer and then forming a solid alliance out of nowhere and dying with a sympathy angle. It seemed very flip-floppy on what she was actually like and I was very confused by her abrupt change from the thread where she runs from Melina and steals her stuff to being very polite and kind with Anna Grout. It didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Roll me one more! *Cringes in preparation*

(Also screw the thing I was doing earlier, doesn't work well for me >_>)

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Courtney was only like 10 posts long. I would call her extremely bland fodder but she had some decent characterization and I was okay with her I guess. I think her death was awful though; it combined songposts, flashbacks to home and other such things to make it very melodramatic.

Another?

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Keiji wasn't too bad. His profile was pretty average. I thought his actual game was fairly meh, a bit of a joke character, though his death was a bit of an improvement in that sense. He didn't get much screentime, and I think he had some potential.

Roll one more!

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heath was actually not awful. I think he started a little bit joke-y, but over time as the situation got serious. I liked his story okay, his relationships with various people were fairly decent and he developed into a pretty decent character over time.

I liked him. Roll me another!

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WELL THEN

I literally read the entirety of Charles' story during Madison's story, so I just skimmed it a bit. It was pretty meh, very one-dimensional and not amazing and basically a pretty obvious premade who very expectedly started trying to kill someone and dying in the process.

Another?

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I should probably also drop Brad. IRL issues of late have prevented me from doing much reading, so I don't have time to read him. Apologies.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply