Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,508 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Step back, I am a certified insane person, so I am legally required to ask for a character here.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Abel Williams, by rimfire

Abel is a character that is, by v3 standards, actually quite good. His profile is a bit too informal for my taste, though I suppose that I should appreciate the fact that he had a relatively normal childhood. I say relatively, because while I can understand the basics (divorced parents, poor budget, long road trips with his father), a few more details and other information could've been included with.

Oh, and I really dislike how his advantages and disadvantages come out of nowhere. However, a bit of work and we'd have a solid profile here.

Our young Texan enters the game after announcement number five. This is not unusual for v3 and I feel that rimfire explained it well enough. Namely, he has not registered that the game really took place, as he was not really familar with the names announced and did not find any corpses either. However, due to SADD and a certain Mr. Sinclair, Danya has decided to pop some collars. Alas, the one who died where also people Abel actually knew a bit, which caused him to feel quite angry about SADD and Neil. I feel this is a very understandable and realistic reaction, so I give rimfire probs for that.

He then meets Evan Angler, who asks him whether he plays. Abel says no, but before more happens, Dawn Beckworth (a deaf and mute girl) appears behind Evan and they both converse by paper and pen. Abel does not know what really goes on, but even despite the suspicion, he is confident enough to offer these two his partnership. It is implied that he does this because he felt very lonely after a week of pure solitude, which again is an understandable motivation. Then, Michael Anders appears and goes to the group.

Suddenly, Melinda Frost appears.

A lot of shit happens, but I skimmed much because every unnecessary OOC-Note increases my bloodlust and I am too busy for that. Then I saw this.

Anyway, Evan and Dawn go their own way and flee before Abel, but the latter waits for Michael to reach safety.

PSA: OOC-Notes disturb the flow of the thread. Also, god kills a puppy everytime you do that.

Next thread, we have a very nice describtion of panic, if you allow me to say that. Then, we got some bonding time. Abel asks Michael for a plan, but instead they begin to sing "Sweet Home Alabama". I enjoyed this scene, because it created a nice mental picture. Two guys, alone on an island full of Blood Boy's, Melina Frost's and Adam Dodd sing and for a moment forget their quite horrible situation.

Unfortunately, Michael steps on Abel's heels, who then trips, falls on his head and dies.

All things considered, I believe that Abel is a good character, though maybe not somebody I would recommend. What I enjoyed about him the most is that he had this "tough guy" image going on, but even Abel realized that he would not be able to hold it up on the island. In fact, it slips multiple times, such as when he was attacked by Melina. Additionally, he had two decent to good scenes, and while his death was a bit rocky, it was decent enough to finish his story.

What I disliked were the OOC-Notes and some nitpicky details, such as refering to his weapons as "police-sticks", but then using the word "Tonfa" in consequent posts. What really bothered me was just the wasted potential, because I think that rimfire could have done some more interesting things with him if they bothered to expand his profile and his ingame-time.

Conclusion: 9/15 pt [v3, Non-Player]

---

Roll me another!
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel somewhat ignored...

nah, you seem to have missed me.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Please put my character back on the list. I don't think I will be able to read him in the following week.

My apologies
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply