Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,143 Views)
MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
I need to read V3, so please send me a kid.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lauren Howard

Three long threads was lengthy enough for me to get an idea of Lauren's character. Most of her posts are not that long, but none of them are short either. In the group she finds she establishes herself as a voice of reason. Yet, as it is posted multiple times- she hangs back from the others, is closed off. Nobody hates her, but she is too cut off to get a true connection to.

I find it sad that it looks like her handler did not stick around longer and grew better at developing a character. Lauren feels to me like the prototype of someone you would enjoy reading, but she was boggled down by the chaos in her threads that in the end instead of making her shine kind of portrayed her as bland.

Awesome last thought though: "You bastard."
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll take one please.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
I went into Mortimer Jones story not expecting much, since after his first post he went inactive and was sent immediately to his last thread. Then I reached The Pretender, and was astounded. Mortimer appeared to have joined a decent sized group, one with a plan and maybe a dream, none of them deciding to play.

And in comes Wade Wilson.

It was quick, and there isn't any final words, but the hint of what Mortimer's story could have been if handled correctly was there in his last thread. Props to Korazon showing the both sides of sanity and insanity that happen on the island. I'm glad I only read Mort's profile after his story, because that would've made me believe he was simply set up to be a tragic character from the start, but that is not the case. In the end, though, Wade Wilson was made the star of that thread, and nobody will probably remember any of the others.

Also, if you haven't read The Pretender yet, keep in mind this: It's much, much worse than the vase rape.

Another please.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reading Nicholas Nutbrown's bio and before I reach advantages and disadvantages the writer is already promoting that he could easily make the top ten, which kind of detracts from me trying to get to know him from outside the game atmosphere. Pregame hadn't been set up yet, and that makes me feel it's going to be even harder to try and connect with him.

While I'm reading this, there is so much double speak of Nutbrown, I'll refer to him with his last name as most of his posts he's referred to this and not his given one. He says that he is normally a good person, well-liked and all that, but most of his interaction involves him shooting at someone, always "by accident" or not meant to hit. He hopped from one thread to the next with hardly doing anything. The only thing that I could get from Nutbrown was his intense jealousy of the team mate who decided not to go on the trip. It feels like Ciel was on the cusp of trying to make a character who was a complete asshole, but never committed.

So now he just acts like "everyone hates me and I didn't mean for any of this to happen boohoo" Though when he did die, it did invoke feeling. I was cheering for James and Trish the whole time.

"I'll see you all in hell, cocksuckers!"

That you will, Nutbrown, that you will.

Done for now.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply