Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,157 Views)
Sunny Delighted
Member Avatar
your mom wanted to make sure that her clothes didn’t steal the spotlight from her new haircut so she went with this feather fringed semi-transparent catsuit w/modesty pleather panels in a simple, understated black.
[ *  *  * ]
Late to the party, but hit me? : :X
The Fallen Everdreamers

Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

Egads Sunny
Egads You should be Cobra Commander
Sunny NO.
Egads But when you hit the moneyshot, you can yell "COOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA"

Quote:

SenatorGoose marriage
SenatorGoose is a sacred bond
SenatorGoose between a man, a woman and some shoes

Quote:

mib_fy9526like
mib_fy9526ask me a state
mib_fy9526I can name its Senatots

The New Doomed Kids

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sunny Delighted
Member Avatar
your mom wanted to make sure that her clothes didn’t steal the spotlight from her new haircut so she went with this feather fringed semi-transparent catsuit w/modesty pleather panels in a simple, understated black.
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, Dorian. Normal guy, would probably get into V4/5 just fine once his profile got bulked up. I think Aaron/Crash is a great writer, so I was pretty sure this was going to be a decent read, if not the wild ride that some of the V3 characters are. But then SADD happened, and let me just thank the RNGods for this roll, because he ends up in some of the most interesting situations. Dorian is a reactive character for the most part, but it works very well for him I think. He's just a decent guy (and even the guys want him, let's stress this because everyone else did) with a gun (eventually, anyway oh gosh) and while he says he'll use it and resort to violence if necessary, he never does and I think it's fitting. He's consistent, and while his character type wouldn't be something I'd pick out for myself to read normally, I grew rather fond of him. I was emotionally invested in him finding Marnie and then shutting up and getting on the damn boat already, which I shouted at my screen at one point.

Now, I can't talk about the character without talking about SADD and the escape attempt. Read it. It's a good sampling of what I feel is both the best of V3 and some of the worst conventions. Some parts are a clusterfluff (Sound and Fury/#6: Freedom or Bust in particular), and it gets confusing but it's worth the slog. I should mention that I don't really like the same handler controlling two people in a close relationship because it sort of confuses me reading it when they're in the same location. This happens a looooot, and is hard to pull off well.

Overall, Dorian is a solid character who makes a great read based on who he's bounced off of. 8/10, would recommended and read again.

Another, please?
The Fallen Everdreamers

Quote:

Egads Sunny
Egads You should be Cobra Commander
Sunny NO.
Egads But when you hit the moneyshot, you can yell "COOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA"

Quote:

SenatorGoose marriage
SenatorGoose is a sacred bond
SenatorGoose between a man, a woman and some shoes

Quote:

mib_fy9526like
mib_fy9526ask me a state
mib_fy9526I can name its Senatots

The New Doomed Kids

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply