Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,315 Views)
Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
I'm here, give me a kid.
V7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Jodene wasn't good.

First, the profile. She's a completely normal person. Her profile avoids a lot of the craziness in early V3, but it almost went /too far/ in the other direction. She's a completely normal person with nothing really memorable about her. She's smart, but not really. She has friends, but she doesn't stand out. She has siblings that outdo her and career aspirations that aren't explained and there's nothing that I find any reason to care about. Also, none of her hobbies are even alluded to in the biography.

She immediately decides to play because she wants to survive... and become famous, I guess. The motivations behind this aren't explained too well, though it has something to do with proving that she's a good as her siblings. She quickly murders someone after pretending to help her, and.... then she goes inactive in her very next post. Jodene finds herself in the great Wade Wilson Inactive Massacre, in which she has a sudden change of heart and then is immediately killed by Wade in a completely over the top disgusting way while he's hallucinating that she's a succubus. This is, of course, told from Wade's point of view, so she doesn't really get a proper death post.

Her handler, "Deleted User", was a complete newbie, and it shows. The writing isn't good and the dialogue is very awkward. Maybe Jodene would have gotten better over time if she hadn't gone inactive, but... she did. So that's that.

Roll me another one, please.
V7

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Keeping it short this time.

Denise was overall an alright character. She had a clear personality, and the writing was good. The biggest problem with her was that later on she kept getting into big clusterfuck threads with tons of characters where she was pushed to the side. The best part of her arc were her early threads where she traveled with the Priestly siblings, she had a pretty good dynamic with them. Her kill/death was also pretty cool, even though it only really existed to serve the larger escape plot.

Roll me another
V7

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Quale was short. He had kind of a personality but then started thinking that he was seeing vampires and zombies and then he was killed by Bobby Jacks. His death was pretty action packed, but also pretty crazy. Quale gets a solid "meh, fodder" from me

another, please
V7

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Petra was pretty good for a character that didn't do much. The writing was good, and I liked her death.

Alright, one more
V7

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Derrick was a character created solely to be a part of the escape. he was only in one escape thread, and he mostly just sat in the background. Throughout the thread he was handled by like three different people, and he was suddenly shot in the back of the head when fighting the terrorists like an extra in an action movie. There's barely anything that makes him different from the npcs in pregame.

Another, please.
V7

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
This is the happiest day of my life.
V7

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  * ]
Posted Image
V7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply