Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,552 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whoever was spamming the IRC room - you are incredibly unfunny and annoying.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SUNNY WHAT
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm actually feeling some nostalgia. Roll me someone.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nick is frustrating to read because he's kind of a greatest hits of common SOTF problems - he stumbles into a massive group thread, he immediately gets 'separated' from the people he looked to be joining up with, and then he proceeds to go inactive.

In truth there isn't a tremendous amount to his character either. He's just there. More than half of the body of his profile is taken up with the fact he's gay - and though that's not his sole personality trait or what entirely defines him (barely comes up in the game), it's indicative of the problem that Nick just didn't have a lot of substance. He meets some people, he's mildly helpful to them, he meets someone else, barely has a conversation, and then he's on his way out the door.

Sparing a moment for his death; it's standard old school 'throw-them-in-the-grinder'. In all fairness he gets more respect in terms of thought and some narrative from his perspective than I've seen other inactives treated with, but he also pretty much ... well, he kind of gets overwhelmed extremely easily by Lex Machina. When someone that's armed, athletic, and specifically stated to be agile gets punched in the face and then stunned long enough to be killed with a chainsaw by someone like Lex, leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Nick's not bad but that's kind of the problem. There's nothing about him that leaves an impression.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I WAS YOUNG AND NEEDED THE MONEY.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply