Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,100 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"Thatís not a prediction, thatís a spoiler.Ē
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Un-Persona
Feb 3 2014, 11:39 AM
Posted Image

u in 4 a treat espie I am so sorry
Edited by Ciel, Feb 3 2014, 12:35 PM.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fuck it I'm in.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

In short, Troy McCann is living a safe, prosperous life.

And that - according to him - is precisely his problem.

You see, Troy is African-American, and as he's come to realize that over the past few months, his current life just isn't "black" enough.

The paint said it was jet-black but it totally wasn't the right shade of black, he just knew

Quote:

His gangsta mindset had reduced his vocabulary on gays to a single six-letter word, and uttering that would almost certainly ompromise his chances of escaping with his virginity, let alone his life.

Quote:

"Oh shit...they got you too?!" By "getting" Karl, of course, Troy did not refer to Karl getting captured. "Shit man...I'm too young to be violated like this!" Troy whined, a tear starting to seep from his eye.

Christ Laz.

Okay so Troy wasn't as racist as I thought he was going to be but completely one-note and unmemorable. Very clear Laz was trying to go for the hyucks with Troy and his 'gangsta' sensibilities but it is neither funny or interesting, it's actually kind of disgusting. Then Oliver completely steals the show, no surprise there, and the only thing that really sticks out about Troys death is that his pants fall down halfway through. Get the feeling every character in v3 has crossed paths with Gabriel at some point.

Anyway, wanted to read back on his pregame but he didn't make it two threads in the actual game so I don't see the point in bothering. It's not like pregame built up to anything. Overall, pretty bad.

8.5/10

Give me another.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Naft

I love that Dominica is like this tack-on mention in whatever thread she appears in. I had a good time thinking "A new challenger has arrived" whenever she'd pop in.

Naft I already have loads of respect for you to begin with but it's just multiplied by ten. YES. I am so glad you caught what I was trying for.

Dominica was supposed to be my answer to Gabriel. She was never supposed to join the escape group. I like to think she turned out better than my original plan.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

"Aw geeze" he said, "we need to get him out of here. He's probably full of germs and I can smell it from here."
Eww, gross. why can't more character get repulsed by the smell of rotting corpses I rarely see that.

This is, in fact, the only memorable thing Evan ever said.

Repeate is a competent writer. And at the time I liked Gabe. To the guy's credit, Evan's character and personality should be fairly obvious to reader because it is spelt out for them. But because of that there is nothing interesting about him. A blank vessel that his handler has do things because hey gotta find something interesting to do for him while I wait to post with Gabe again. That might not be the case with Repeate but Evan sure as hell feels like a character that was made merely to support other characters and fill out his roster. There is legit no subtlety or attempts at wit and everything Evan does feels forced. I'd say it's a huge slog to read but that isn't the cause. I felt absolutely nothing reading Evan.

Then Evan switches handlers over to Dan because apparently Repeate quit or something.

I have kind of a problem with this because there's like this huge difference between the two interpretations of Evan that I can't really put my finger on but it gave me critical whiplash.

In the prose sense the difference is obvious. The guy spent approximately 115 words waxing about how Evan being vain about how he looks (was this supposed to be funny?). Dan is very much about getting to the point and using as few words as possible, which I appreciate, and he knows when to end paragraphs and how to let things flow which RePeate... Has trouble with.

But even Dan seems to have trouble getting Evan to actually do something. Evan literally floats through the game, despite Dan being pretty good at making things happen.

hey btw guys do you know that feel when you wanna holla at ur boy "HEY ARE YOU GOING TO KILL ME" but then bitches be like tapping you on the shoulder and showing you their sketchbook cuz they can't talk

Quote:

Dawn presented her sketchbook, opening to the front page. She places a pen in the crease of the book. The page was a sketch of a finch, modeled from a photograph Dawn took the year before. However, that wasnít the only thing on here, as there was a message written in neat, cursive writing at the top. The message read the following: Greetings, my name is Dawn Abigail Beckworth. Iím deaf and in turn unable to speak. I donít know what I am doing here or why there are dead students. Whatís going on? Write here please.

Okay, I'm done here. When I have more to talk about with handlers and other characters than the character I'm actually critiquing then there's something wrong.

Long story short. Evan does almost nothing in his story, and when he does take action it's merely riding the coattails of other characters. He doesn't even play a prominent role in his own death and is used to develop Steve and Gabe, that's how uninteresting his story is.

Persy why didn't you just give me Gabe? Or, hell, give me Gabriel Theobaldt. At least Oliver has him do things.

8.3/10

sure why not another one? oh gosh I hope I get Dawn, I've gotta good feeling about her.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not gonna lie, this next one's going to be biased.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Kalopsia: I want to get off Mr Bukowski's wild ride
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry guys. I have too much on my shoulders and I would rather someone get the chance to read Terrie. I thought the idea of rereading a character I spent the majority of v3 playing with was interesting way back when so I might still do that once school is over. Right now, though, it's all a matter of rl and sotf priorities and unfortunately I cannot commit to this.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blastinus
Nov 29 2014, 09:00 PM
Will there be a V4 V1 read-a-thon when this is over?
The question I think is on everybody's mind.
V6

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply