Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V3 Read-A-Thon; I want to go back to V2 - Ruggahissy
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 01:15 AM (21,108 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
gimme one.

let's jam.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah ok. Gimme
things

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugi: Renee Valentini

Kermit: Izzy Cheung

CBP: Stephanie Evans

Edit -

Ruggahissy: Khrysta Lawrence
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
there's only joy in my heart when i'm suffering

gimme one
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fenris: Amanda Redder

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
did i have an unfinished kid for this or
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zarina

Nope! Just going by the last list I had up, you finished all your chars.

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Un-Persona
Sep 18 2017, 09:27 PM
Zarina

Nope! Just going by the last list I had up, you finished all your chars.
Cool, I'll leave the rest to the new kids then XD
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
Yes hello one child please.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pancapples: Matthew Wittany

Bowser
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Oh I never actually finished Warren lol rip.

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Khrysta Lawrence!

In the profile, I like her. I like her a lot. She reminds me of a blonde me, swimmer who is cold and icy with not much of a sense of humor.

No pregame.

I am immediately horrified by the mountains of navel-gazing psycho babble she does. It's pretentious and awful and adds nothing. Also I don't feel like if I woke up on murder island my first thing would be to wax poetic about what makes me me and the nature of death.

She gets up soon enough and is confident in her abilities. Melina Frost soon comes upon her though.

“If you 'played', you had no friends, no allies, nothing to fall back on. Still, Khrysta wouldn't lie around and die. She was an athlete to the core -- a very talented dancer..”

Yeah I’m sure that your popping and locking with save you here

Melina is about to CHAIN WHIP Khrysta when Evelyn flying kicks Melina and leaves the thread in the same post. Khrysta then tries to be menacing, but I don’t think anyone reading would agree.

Quote:

"As for you... make one more move on me, and die. That's not a threat, Frost, it's a promise."

It sounded so cold, even as it came from Khrysta's mouth, but she fully meant it.

Not really. I mean, maybe if you were threatening her with something besides a staff.

"You're already injured. I doubt it'd take too much for the two of us to take out that arm completely. “

Again, staff. A solid stick but a stick all the same. Partial credit, her narrative acknowledges this is an empty threat, but presumably Melina can see that she’s being threatened with a stick and work that out. I mean sure, I guess if she hit her with the staff enough she would get hurt and maybe die, but Melina has the ability to run, and the staff only has so much range (4 feet approx).

Khrysta goes to the jail house and Corbin shows up. They both confirm they’re not playing but she thinks about how since she’s willing to kill if attacked that’s a form of playing. It’s better than the naval gazing, so I’ll allow it. She tells him which rooms she’s staying in for the night and tells him he can stay wherever. Corbin thinks that she’s cold and blunt, but at least she’s honest.

I’d like to talk now about how Corbin is wonderful. So real, so awkward in a very believable way, so endearing. I want to stay with Corbin. Can I stay with him instead?

Well Corbin makes a cute joke when she asks if he’s looking for anyone about why he doesn’t have a girlfriend and she laughs but says that now is not the time for jokes because death island and says if she sees Melina again she’ll kill her and can he HANDLE THAT?

He says yeah. Elsewhere RANDALL FLAGG, THE DEVIL FROM STEPHEN KING’S ‘THE STAND’ is not only in V3 but is also in the jail and approaching them. I didn’t know V3 was a part of the Stephen King canon. Rather than encounter him they jump from a second story window. Corbin lands and goes into a roll which is the right way to land and Khrysta says he fucked up the landing and not everyone can have her dancer’s grace even though he did it right.

They get to the lookout but there’s a shootout happening so Corbin and Khrysta discuss possible courses of action and they agree to leave. As they are hauling ass Khrysta thinks about how she fronts as knowing what to do with Corbin, but really she doesn’t know any better than he does. The illusion of control is keeping her from breaking down.

They go the air field and Dan is menacing a pregnant girl named Mary. Khrysta wavers between “not my problem” and “I should do something” and is won over by the fact that the girl is pregnant. She intervenes, Dan weirdly implies that he was going to rape this pregnant girl (I think?) but she and Corbin scare him off. He’s all “I’ll kill you then, Khrysta, but I won’t do it now because……I don’t know…..” and disappears into the bushes. She’s understandably not intimidated by this. So now they have a pregnant girl and despite Khrysta’s pragmatism she caves on this and decides since they got involved in the first place, Mary’s their responsibility. Also she finally acknowledges that she's armed with "a stick" and that it's not very good. Thank you, Khrysta.

Paul Smith shows up and I’ll say up top he’s the best Chad character I’ve ever read, but that bar is at the level of a limbo pole. I’ll say that at the very least the writing has improved quite a bit from V2. I’m not going back and reading him but from what I could glean here, he’s some kind of celebrity and owns a record company or something. Also he fucks a lot of girls, though the number and scale seems to fluctuate since in one instances he says he’s had sex with 15 girls and one was his girlfriend and another time he thinks that he’s fucked entire sports teams of girls. He’s described as handsome, but is missing an eye because of a kitchen accident when he was young which killed his mother. I think it was a gas explosion. It states he’s insecure about himself despite being THE GREATEST, HANDSOME, SMART, WEALTHY, SEXFUL, BELOVED BY ALL, so that undercuts that a little.

He comes upon our group and Mary and Khrysta instantly distrust him. But poor sweet Corbin knows Paul to be an ok person, they’re casual friends because Corbin DJs and Paul has a band and music company thing. He weakly vouches for Paul, but says he trusts Khrysta’s judgement and if she says no, he’s out. Khrysta correctly tells Paul he’s a misogynist and unreliable. Paul gets a lucky break because a girl who is driven crazy by weed and despair runs at Corbin and grabs his gun. Paul shoots her dead, saving the group, so Khrysta begrudgingly allows him to stay. Uh, he also had sex with the weed girl and as she dies he thinks about how her tits felt. You just had to Chad it up there at the end, didn’t you, Chad?

A crying mess named Matt comes out and is like “Can I be with you? ;~;” and Khrysta is like “Sorry buddy, we already have one dead-weight party member. Go find someone else.” Fair.

Khrysta scouts ahead at the sea cliffs. I forgot to mention this but Paul and Khrysta had a talk about where to go next and Paul suggested the sea cliffs since it had recently been a DZ. Khrysta would rather opt for a place with more shelter, but concedes it’s a high ground point with probably few people so Paul wins.

She finds a body and tries to act like it doesn’t affect her, but she’s shaken on the inside.

Paul tells a stupid story about how his band was playing The Roxy, which I used to go to for shows when I was a teenager, and his ex girlfriend who is with a band was there to perform the same night so to get back at her for having the audacity to have a new boyfriend, he gets a stripper to grind him during his band’s turn and she freaks out and starts punching him on the stage. Great.

Paul starts freaking out because he’s out of cigarettes. Mary mistakes his freakout for a freakout resulting from seeing the dead girl like Khrysta and tries to comfort him, the idiot. Never assume the best of Paul. Khrysta starts to feel guilty she considered leaving Mary to die in the jungle.

Paul launches into YET ANOTHER LONG STORY ABOUT HIS AWESOME MUSIC PAST I DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT. It’s about his mentor I guess who was also a womanizing scum bag with a giant penis who says women suck, but he can’t give them up because just like his skill in the piano, he’s too good. Not sure what I’m supposed to take away from this story. Jerk begets jerk? He’s thinks it’s sweet that Mary is trying to comfort him, but would prefer a BJ, preferably from both her and Khrysta at the same time. Corbin could even watch.

I hate this.
This would only have has some redemption if he’d said Corbin could be a third, but he didn’t, so no points.

He has half a bar in his bag somehow (vodka, wine and beer) and says they should rest. Khrysta asked him sarcastically what they should do now, but he thought she was really looking up to him. She’s surprised that his answer is not crazy. You and me both. Poor sweet Corbin sits next to him and agrees to drink a bit. Don’t do it, Corbin, he just wants you for the sex (in my head).

Cute: While sipping Corbin looks up at her and smiles. She painfully smiles back. Khrysta thinks of her family and her dogs and her college boyfriend. Khrysta and Corbin talk about possible escape and Paul decides that he’s not about that and leaves. He tells them to keep the wine, Mary to look after her baby, Corbin to keep the girls safe (ugh) and Khrysta gets nothing. Bye, Paul.

Quote:

“We’re better off,” she reassured the group.

I agree.

Just as they are musing over who could be smart enough to take off the collars, Neil Sinclair shows up. What a coincidence. Matt from earlier shows up as does some other girl. Khrysta says they can use the corpses to study the collars. Neil recruits the group into SADD and Jodene, new girl says she knows something about electronics, but she’s lying and just wants to steal stuff or take a hostage.

Khrysta presses X to doubt Jodene. Jodene then stabs her in the throat because……uh….she says she wants to make a name for herself as a killer.

Khrysta thinks that her mistake was helping Mary and attaching herself to more people. She trusted too many people until her guard was down and it led to her death. She shouldn’t have let anyone in and stayed alone. Her last thoughts are of her talking with her boyfriend about how she didn’t go to prom and he says she should just for the memories.

I know V3 was not about subtlty but I think these two things are connected. I think that maybe she is secretly some place in her heart glad to have met people, particularly Corbin. Maybe if she had opened up to more people, she’d have known who to trust better.

I was on the fence about if I'd recommend her or not. She starts off kind of bad, but she gets better and better as each thread goes by. She's killed *just* before she can help Neil with the escape for not a very good reason, so that sucks. I guess i'd recommend her, if only on the strength of her late game and partnership with Corbin.

ANOTHER ONE
things

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ruggahissy: Kristin Washington

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can has v3er?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackie: James Ellet

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply