Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V4 Part 2 Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 12 2014, 10:45 PM (34,427 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Jan 24 2014, 02:16 AM
Persy isn't scum. He crumbed as such earlier D1, I caught it, and he's off of my scumlist.

Ciel's still public enemy number one, despite D/N's mention of assfuckery. Since two of my townblock is gone, let's get Persy, D/N, and TDS together to make some town moves.
@ Naft - Is Un-Persona's supposed bread-crumbing the sole reason that makes you feel comfortable enough for him to be town or is there more to it than that?

@ Ciel - Oh okay the dude character flavor changes things, if honest then it probably wasn't decoy then.

@ Grim Wolf - Do you still think DocBalance is suspicious enough to vote for?

♥♥♥♥♥♥
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As I've mentioned earlier, after that Bro deadline quick-lynch I'm thinking we have some opportunistic scum somewhere.

Here are some people who I'd like to see weigh in on discussion soon:
- Flare
- Polybius
- Sideliner
- Dmboogie
- TurtleTyrant
- General Goose

Let's start with Deamon, Un-Persona, MK Kilmarnock and Kalopsia. What are everyone's opinions on these four?

I'm heading out then resting for 8-10 hours or so. Hoping we'll have moved on a bit from the same night results talk a bit by that time and made some progress.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon - Has gone a bit quiet for a while, can't really decide anything.

Un-Persona - Leaned scum for me a bit yesterday, but at the moment I'm not as concerned. Not really convinced town, but not as suspicious of either.

MK Kilmarnock - Hasn't really set off any warning bells, but I think he has been tending to be a bit opportunistic. I'd have to reread posts to really get a better idea.

Kalopsia - No comment. Can never decipher his behaviour enough to get a read period.

Doc - I am still not leaning very nicely towards Doc; the fact that he is taking free pot shots to suggest that Ciel is scum, by way of knowing more that he shouldn't, doesn't ring well with me on top of what went on yesterday.

Ciel - Still think he's using logic and valid reasoning. I don't consider changing his mind after Vyse made such a drastic change of the nature of his reveal to be opportunistic (I did the exact same thing), and on the whole I get a town vibe from him.

Naft - Still largely a null read, but I don't really appreciate how much he wants Ciel dead whilst ducking his line of questioning. Could swing towards scum in a pinch.

Psychadelic - Don't really have any reason to suspect them at the moment, but otherwise not really thinking anything.

Everyone else - Eeeeeeh null reads. These are just the fore-runners.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

Lucas Brady - Believing in the Heart of the Cards - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to ask again but why are people tagging me as scum?

Since I don't remember ever being given a concrete reason.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't really think you're scummy, you just kind of poked your head in but then went quiet again so I can't really tag you as either with confidence.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

You must have missed the parts where I was gunning after Penguin, Deamon and Vyse. You must have forgotten when Penguin told me to stop being such an ass because I remember you waxing on about PR being on or something. I don't know. That sounds like something I would forget about after fifty pages.

There was already town momentum after all three of those targets before you showed up. I'm not forgetting them, they make my point. You don't stick your neck out, you follow the train.

Where you've been wishy-washy is that you don't really stick on any suspect past their expiration with everyone else. I can't think of anyone you're looking at right now who doesn't have other momentum behind them. You're train-hopping a lot, and while I can't confirm that's what Naft means by wishy-washy, that's the read I'm getting. You just seem to chuck in with whatever has the most traction at the moment, and that reads as scum trying to blend in.

Quote:

the fact that he is taking free pot shots to suggest that Ciel is scum, by way of knowing more that he shouldn't, doesn't ring well with me on top of what went on yesterday.

I'm not really sure what you mean here, Slam. "By way of knowing more that he shouldn't?" Do you mean jumping to hyping the conclusion that there's a mafia roleblocker without bringing any information about who it is? I'm not really sure how that isn't scummy. We know there's probably some form of roleblocker on the scum side, because I can't think of a game we've had in recent memory where there hasn't been one. Outing that you've been targeted by one doesn't make sense from a town perspective, because it confirms you have a blockable power and shuts you out of the game without really giving the town any new information other than "This incredibly common role could be in the game."

It makes a decent amount of sense as a desperate scum play, though. If we assume he's being blocked by scum, we know he's not mafia, and we know he's not among our night-killers, which basically makes him confirmed town barring an increase in the kill count or him being a cult leader or some such. It pumps up his town-cred without actually doing anything useful for the town, and that always makes me suspicious.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Sorry typo, my statement was meant to be that you keep suggesting Ciel knows more than he should)

I'm not really sure how you expect Ciel to know who the roleblocker is. Whilst I personally wouldn't admit it if I kept getting roleblocked, I can see where he's coming from if it happens twice in a row. Though I will admit that knowing the mafia has a roleblocker isn't exactly the holy grail of information, and it does obviously give Ciel a lot of cred, with my chain of reasoning probably happening to it.

Honestly, unless I have reason to believe that Ciel is lying about being roleblocked, I still think it helps reaffirm his innocence, but I don't want to get too much tunnel vision here.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Slam

Also I would like to reaffirm that if Ciel was blocked by a mafia roleblocker, that would go a long way to reducing his scumminess. Whilst we can't guarantee that it wasn't Decoy, I don't like to rely on fluff since most mods know better than to reveal important info in it, and my chain of logic still favors Decoy targeting Vyse.

Maybe, but I'm talking about stuff the fluff has revealed, such as Decoy getting killed by the person he wasn't blocking. At that point, if Decoy did roleblock Vyse, that's intentionally misleading and pretty bastard, and I'm not quite ready to throw the mod under the bus.

Quote:

Now who do you think is scum? Who should we lynch? Or who do you want to lynch?

I want to say Naft and Doc because they're full of shenanigans that has them leading the town in a forceful matter, and Naft has been especially inconsiderate to answer questions towards him. Not enough for me to want to lynch them yet, but it makes me frowny face.

Most everybody else is a collective null read, barring a few. MK I generally have a decent lean town read, but I feel Slam could swing either way at any moment. Ciel is pretty neutral, but seems to be getting more defensive as the game goes on.

Psych

What does this post mean?
Basically what Slam said.

On less serious evidence: "Kris is the Antichrist." - MurderWeasel

So yeah. I dunno, maybe I just have trouble seeing somebody with 7 kills as a townie.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the summary Un-P. I tried to read some but my ADD got the best of me. Skraal's death makes me think Vig-kill, simply because Skraal is almost always saved by mafia as lynchbait when Skraal isn't mafia. In terms of scum, I'm feeling boogie. I didn't like boogie's joke vote at all when I was reading the beginning of the game, and boogie being the first to be like HOLYSHITFOURDEATHSWHY also bothers me.

Vote: Dmboogie
Takeshi Yoshikawa

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm pretty reactive as opposed to proactive when trying to play the game and figure out what to do next. So given what I learned from the fluff, I made my best of the situation and turned it over to other people. I'm a little disheartened that things didn't go my way with the Bro lynch because I THOUGHT I was creating some kickass setup for town.

Spoiler alert, I wasn't. That roleclaim. My word.

So, failing that, I want to weigh in on more current events. I, like most others weighing in on the situation, agree that Vyse is fairly solidly town at this point. I haven't like... denied the possibility that he's some incredibly gambitted SK, but that's around a 1% chance at this rate. I kind of want people to do their fair share of convincing to me about Deamon and Jeff to see which one of them is a better go, since that seems to be some sort of consensus on our reads.

Nobody else is really jumping out. I've got a Jethro Gibbs gut feeling in Naft's general direction but nothing concrete and - oh, I'm pretty curious as to what's up with Jeff knowing he was blocked and if he's got any more information for us.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: Strangely enough, my gut is currently telling me Doc is town and that's VERY odd for me.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Sideliner
Member Avatar
The era of justice will come; there are songs of hope too
[ *  *  * ]
Psychedelic

Let's start with Deamon, Un-Persona, MK Kilmarnock and Kalopsia. What are everyone's opinions on these four?
Deamon = Null. His posts have to do with weighing in on Vyse's claim, which is reasonable, given its outlandishness, and defending himself from accusations. Neither action feels very close to either end of the Town-Scum Scale.

Un-Persona = Leaning Town. Makes fairly regular contributions that add to the discussion.

MK = Strong town. I'm getting an earnest desire to help the town from his posts.

Kalopsia = Slightly town, but he's extremely detached.
BROseidon

Also treestump would be a strange bluff.

I'd pick, like, PGO or something.

Or maybe Beloved Princess (jk lol)
Goddammit, BROseidon.
Quote:

20:27 - KamiKaze: I seriously want to see a psychotic Pooh stop child molestation by eating everyone who tries to touch a child. That would be badass.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad you've decided to join us Sideliner. Thanks for weighing in. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Who are your scum reads?

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yo.

Doc's play is reading very much like it did when he was in the Mafia with me, but then, Doc's play is kind of that all the time. I'll be honest, Doc, I think you have a complexity addiction.

I think this is the game for unusual gut feelings, because right now I'm strongly townreading Zab and kind of reading on boogie right there with him, for the stated reasons.

In fact,

VOTE: dmboogie
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sideliner
Jan 25 2014, 12:20 PM
Kalopsia = Slightly town, but he's extremely detached.
I play by safari rules.
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply