Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V4 Part 2 Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 12 2014, 10:45 PM (34,422 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not going to be able to post reliably for possibly a couple of days, due to overcommitting myself, (three freaking posts just tonight.) but I want to get these points out of the way.

-I'm Kris Hartmann, Psych. Sorry for not answering sooner - I missed the first two requests until night phase.

-I generally find nightkills to be almost worthless for info, but I strongly doubt anyone targeted me; either Sickness or Decoy would have to be feeling suicidal. I'm inclined to think Sickness found a bad target last night; meaning either scum or one of the dead.

-I dislike Bro's strategy, but I can sympathize with making a mistake for dealing with a crappy role. (See: PGO) What really annoys me is that I'd initially figured him to be a cop or a doctor, and then totally blew the call at the end of the day, as I didn't understand the complete lurking.

-I very much believe scum is leaning opportunistic this game, and did not take an early leading role. Deamon, Persy, and Slam all bother me in this regard, but I really need to look into them more carefully - currently, Deamon's the only one I'd actually be willing to lynch, and that just barely.

-Ciel's a mediocre choice to lynch - his play bothers me, but it's starting to make sense from a town perspective. Once again, will have to read more thoroughly.

-Naft - I'd really like you to start dropping some more concrete thoughts. What you have down is decent, but I dislike holding out on the Town on principle. At best, as I learned the hard way in Buffy, townies can't count on surviving long enough to make holding reads and thoughts worthwhile. (In my defense, most of my good reads that game came during the night phase.)

Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kris Hartmann:

Paranoid - Definitley

Gun Owner - Quite right.

Townie - say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm going to sleep now, but I wanted to point this out, in case my brain is not totally frazzled like I think it is.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Jan 24 2014, 01:59 AM
-Naft - I'd really like you to start dropping some more concrete thoughts. What you have down is decent, but I dislike holding out on the Town on principle. At best, as I learned the hard way in Buffy, townies can't count on surviving long enough to make holding reads and thoughts worthwhile. (In my defense, most of my good reads that game came during the night phase.)
You're assuming that I was holding my ball and refusing to play on principle rather than strategy, which is pretty counter-productive to my usual methods for scumhunting. I was expecting Ciel to throw what he had at me to ward off a late lynch, and he did so. I didn't respond to him because I wanted to see what kind of off-the-wall defense he could come up with without knowing my hand.

That said, I'll be revealing my hand shortly.

Also, Ciel, if that softclaim is legit I am going to smack you.

Persy isn't scum. He crumbed as such earlier D1, I caught it, and he's off of my scumlist. I do have a case against Ciel, though it isn't as airtight as I made it seem last dayphase - which was part of the posturing. Bro's play baffles me - I can see the logic in it, but there were some pretty obvious negative repercussions hanging over that claim that could've been warded off if he had posted again.

Ciel's still public enemy number one, despite D/N's mention of assfuckery. Since two of my townblock is gone, let's get Persy, D/N, and TDS together to make some town moves.

Also, just a note - my style of playing mafia means that I'm purposely drawing attention to myself as well as others. Take note of who's nodding along with my more insane statements just as much as the people I'm fingering.

Ciel, you'll get your case to throw ridiculous statements at tomorrow. Try to keep those statements free of wildly inaccurate assumptions regarding my playstyle. ;)
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: Also, Doc's a townread again now, since he basically had a reaction of "Stop being a jackass, Naft" when I started bouncing off the walls.

Town!Doc, SK-turned-PGO, BRO making a bad D1 play, and a vanilla townie penguin.

What the fuck is this game.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I will be back in about three hours to comment on stuff and I really hope there aren't 80+ new posts in that time.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

Lucas Brady - Believing in the Heart of the Cards - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DocBalance
Jan 23 2014, 11:10 PM
A ) How you know it's a mafia role-blocker and not pre-death Decoy
That's a good point. But I doubt it.

Quote:

B ) Why you're soft-claiming a role that would let you know you're being blocked given the history of claims this game.

Because we need information. We have none right now. I'm giving some to you in the hopes that I might actually try to be helpful. Take it at face value because I'm not going to elaborate on how.

Quote:

I didn't respond to him because I wanted to see what kind of off-the-wall defense he could come up with without knowing my hand.

I responded just to see if you'd talk. You didn't, not really, but I still think you're making way more assumptions about how I play.

You do know your bandwagon wouldn't have worked, even if I kept my self vote, right? I'm sure you knew that and were only reaction testing me. Maybe responding to you at all was the worst thing so could have done.

Quote:

Also, Ciel, if that softclaim is legit I am going to smack you.

If I get myself killed over that softclaim, you're welcome to it.

Also, on the subject of Bro: I see what he was trying to do and to his credit Tree Stump would have made any lynch other than a deadline lynch completely pointless. So it makes some sense. Then again, if he were at least putting himself out there and actually talking, maybe we could have avoided this. I don't know. I feel like shit because I feel responsible for what happened.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ciel were you blocked on night 1 or 2?
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Slam
Jan 24 2014, 08:01 AM
Ciel were you blocked on night 1 or 2?
Both nights, actually.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That more or less confirms the presence of a roleblocker that isn't Decoy then.

Of the people killed last night, Decoy's role as a roleblocker suggests him as someone who targeted Vyse and paid the price. Sickness probably had a plethora of better choices for who to hide behind than Vyse, and no-one else last night had any active abilities.

This raises an interesting concern though. There was only one death on the first night, but four on the second? I find it unlikely that any vigilantes we have would opt to act on night two but not night one when no new information had come out, and I don't see why a JOAT would blow their kill on the list of relatively minor names (sans Penguin, who could easily pass for a high priority target), that we had running around. I'm willing to let it fly that the mafia and other killer may have both targeted Aura on night one, or one targeted someone protected (more likely), but that still leaves us two unaccounted kills last night. Like I said, I'm willing to bet that Decoy targeted Vyse, but this makes me wonder about where the fourth kill came from.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
and we're back
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm judging that Decoy did not target Vyse based on fluff alone.

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If we go by that theory though, then the only other candidate would be that Sickness targeted Vyse, and I still don't see why a hider would choose a PGO as their hiding spot, unless they assumed they'd be safe to do so but anyone who tried to kill Vyse would die instead and they'd be basically invincible. I could see the thought process behind it, but I don't know if Sickness would take such a wild risk.

Even if that is the case, then that means we don't have one, but two unexplained kills.

Though it does occur to me that in a game this large, we may potentially have two mafias AND another killer. HOWEVER that makes me wonder where the third party's kill went on night one, since I find it unlikely two would pick the same target, and one of those targets picked by anyone that night would be protected.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It is also possible Sickness decided to hid behind a mafia member or a killer, and it was specifically stated many times that whoever visited Vysw would most certainly die.

Again, going off the fluff.

And while I still believe that Sickness died because if that, I won't ignore the possibilty of a second mafia, especially in SOTF, but I am shoving it aside due to not having any grounds. Besides, I'm weary of the idea of a Vig, Joat, 2 killers and 2 mafias all bundled up into one game. It's a bloodbath, but not suppose to be an unbalanced bloodbath.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm almost certain Decoy didn't target Vyse.

The flavor seems to imply that Decoy was successfully blocking some kind of investigative role and was killed while following that grind. Thus it's likely that if Ciel was blocked last night, he's correct that it's a mafia roleblocker.

If.

I don't trust this claim. Mafia roleblocker is standard enough and claims have been suspect enough this game that we don't really gain any information from it, other than reinforcing the notion that Ciel is town. If he's telling the truth, he's confirmed to the mafia that they're hitting something other than a vanilla townie and basically locked himself out of the game except for his vote and his voice, which have been a wee bit scattered so far.

Right now, it's fair to assume we have a standard Vig/Maf/SK set up given the number of kills, though that may change depending on how kills shake out tomorrow night.

Can someone more V4 savvy than me see if any of our other dead townies would normally be considered scum flavor-wise but flipped town? This setting is so nebulous in terms of morality that it's a little bit hard for me to draw a bead there, and I'm barely literate when it comes to V4 anyway.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everyone who flipped town seems like they would.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply