Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V4 Part 2 Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 12 2014, 10:45 PM (34,425 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good morning, children.

I was disappointed by the day's display. Who knew you would all be so emotional over some crying girl and her squeeze. I didn't take you all for the sentimental types.

But you certainly made up for it during the night. Good show. A girl who was missing her friend was trying to keep an eye on a few people she thought might be in danger. She would have seen something helpful if he hadn't been standing her way. It's a pity that while distracting her, Zach Jamis failed to notice someone far less patient behind him.

One of our other kids had the right idea. Lay low, stay out of the way, and maybe she could wait until the more blood thirsty among you could do all the work for her. However, for that plan to work, Ash Morrison needed to choose better hiding spots.

I really thought this next one was going to make it. After escaping one attack with just a shot to the arm I thought Kimberly Nguyen had enough fight in her to make it all the way. Unfortunately someone was able to get the drop on her in her injured state and finished the job.

Lastly we have Aislyn McCreery. Another girl I thought would make it much farther. I guess I must be rusty after not having seen a game of Survival of the Fittest in awhile.

What a bad night for the island's lovely girls. You're really a bunch of lady killers aren't you? Well done. See you tomorrow...

DECOY: ZACH JAMIS THE TOWN ROLEBLOCKER
SICKNESS: ASH MORRISON THE HIDER

SKRAAL: KIMBERLY NGUYEN THE SURVIVOR (ONE SHOT BULLET PROOF)
PENGUIN ALIEN: AISLYN MCCREERY, VANILLA TOWNIE

DAY 2

Day 2 will be 6 days long. It will end January 29th at 9pm EST.

22 players left means 12 to lynch!

things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...Holy holy, four deaths in one night.

So... Maf, Vig, SK, aaand... bulletproof? Second mafia? We certainly have enough dudes for there to be two.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: ...When I said bulletproof, I meant PGO.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also your Espi for the remainder of mafia will now be played by Zabriel.
things

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Summary of last time for Zab, or at least the parts I remember:

Naft pushed Deamon as a gut read and then Deamon was pretty much ignored for the rest of the day.

Bro made a bad claim of being a treestump when he was actually the Beloved Princess. We lynched him thinking it was safe.

Vyse also made a bad claim of being the serial killer, where he might or might not be the PGO.

As for my opinions on the night kills:

Aura was likely not the intended target.

Decoy was killed while role-blocking someone not of the mafia.

Sickness died from choosing the wrong person to hide behind.

Skraal was targeted both nights.

Penguin was killed because she's penguin.

My suspicions are this: Sickness - Passive, Decoy - SK, Skraal - Vig, Penguin - Mafia.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It seems very likely that somebody tried to test Vyse's PGO claim. It also looks like it worked. Mafia, SK and Vig seems to make sense too, or maybe just two of them and the hider hid behind scum. Penguin was probably a mafia or SK kill, given her reputation in the game.

There's not a whole lot to work with right now, but that's my guess on what went down. I initially figured Penguin would be a prime target for the doctor given her track record in these sorts of things and how useful to town she generally is (and thus why she's nearly ALWAYS killed early), but then again, she was also pretty aggressive and I could see the doctor trying to protect somebody else.

Given the major oopsie that was lynching Bro... something I spearheaded and am REPEATEDLY kicking myself for (seriously? Lying about being a damned tree stump?), I'm at a loss for what to do for the day. Doc was typing at the time of me typing this, so I'll just close it off and see what he has to say.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably not, Boogie. From the Hider wiki:
Quote:

The Hider has the ability to target one player each night. The Hider is treated like the target for all other roles' purposes - for instance, if the Hider's target gets investigated by a Cop, the Cop will get results on both the target AND the Hider. Alternatively, if the Hider's target gets killed overNight, the Hider will die too.

Most notably, if the Hider tries to hide behind a player who is not Town-aligned, the Hider will passively die and nothing can prevent it. In that way, Hider is similar to a Cop.

Sickness probably died in one of those two instances. As for the others, it's too early to say. We could have a vig and a second killing scum faction, or we could have a vig and a JoaT, or we could have a JoaT and a second killing scum faction. The fact that we didn't have this many kills on Night One would suggest to me that it's probably vig and JoaT, since serial killers traditionally have to kill every night and it's in the Mafia's best interest to kill every night. Given that non-elite bodyguards usually only block one kill, we should have seen two kills at least even if multiple factions targeted the same person. It's almost impossible to tell this early in the game though.

Penguin's flip surprises me, though not as much as it would have coming before Bro's flip. Beyond that, I don't really have anything new to bring yet. Ciel and Slam are my strongest reads at the moment. I think Naft makes a really strong case against Ciel, but I don't like how quickly he agreed with Slam about just straight lynching Vyse's claim on the grounds that serial killers never work in favor of the town. I'm slightly more inclined to believe Vyse after all of this, but any long-term strategy that involves a shit-ton of lying leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DocBalance
Jan 23 2014, 09:05 PM
Ciel and Slam are my strongest reads at the moment. I think Naft makes a really strong case against Ciel
I'm still waiting for Naft to present this really strong case because all I've seen is him sheeping without actually explaining himself.

I was hoping there'd be something to report. Then again, I at least have something to tell you guys. There is a mafia roleblocker. I don't see if that's going to be much help if we don't, like, know who it is, but I can tell you for certain that any role of actual use was untouched.

Quote:

Given the major oopsie that was lynching Bro... something I spearheaded and am REPEATEDLY kicking myself for (seriously? Lying about being a damned tree stump?)
Dude don't even worry about it. None of us could have known he was lying to that extent. We still have a lot of people, we can still make something of this.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I was hoping there'd be something to report. Then again, I at least have something to tell you guys. There is a mafia roleblocker. I don't see if that's going to be much help if we don't, like, know who it is, but I can tell you for certain that any role of actual use was untouched.

I'm curious as to A ) How you know it's a mafia role-blocker and not pre-death Decoy, and B ) Why you're soft-claiming a role that would let you know you're being blocked given the history of claims this game.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
BROseidon
Jan 15 2014, 10:51 PM
Also treestump would be a strange bluff.

I'd pick, like, PGO or something.

Or maybe Beloved Princess (jk lol)
Given the quoted post (by bro btw), along with others, I suspect that Bro was trying to make lynching/shooting him seem pointless so that we'd never try. If that was his aim then it backfired pretty damn badly. The thing I want to figure out is whether or not the mafia managed to notice that day one and lead us, if yes then we do have leads, but that's a pretty big "if".

And Ciel, if you want people to stop accusing you of being scum, maybe stop making posts that imply you have info that only scum should have.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ciel

Can't just leave me hangin like that without more of the detes man.

Tertiary Deformed Sexcapades

The thing I want to figure out is whether or not the mafia managed to notice that day one and lead us, if yes then we do have leads, but that's a pretty big "if".

In all honesty, if we wanna go that route, I'd be looking at me, Ricky, and I think Imehal for pushers.

I am also kinda stopped at this point, as my penguin was my main lead in this game, but that was wrong.

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lynching Bro seemed like a really, /really/ good idea to me because I wasn't expecting a freakin' townie of all people to claim tree stump. I figured it was either a move by scum to take attention off of himself... or he actually turned into a tree stump when killed. Given that any other lead seemed iffy at best (remind me who the other trains were, again? Was Jeff a big one?), I thought having either dead scum or a confirmed town conversationist was gold.

Wasn't quite expecting a move THAT bad on Bro's behalf.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeeeeaaaah, that was waaaay too risky for Bro to claim that.

Ciel was another train yeah, but most of the trains yesterday were basically all deadline gut-hunch lynches that were being sheeped on because having a no lynch would have made everyone cry.

I think the other trains were: Ciel, Doc, and Vyse.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I believe most of the louder voices are town in this game.
While more of our scum (Note: I did not say all scum) are the more opportunistic type this game, especially after that BRO deadline quick lynch.

Penguin_Alien

Psychedelic, where are your town reads right now? If we were being a cult again, who would you recruit? ;~)

I know you're eliminated but I'll answer this anyway. I won't name all of them just yet, but I'll name a few of my Non-Mafia leads (at this point):
- Kalopsia
- TDS
- Naft
- Slamexo

- Vyse (third try) - Since you've already revealed your role, could you tell us who your flavor character is as well? Feel free to continue giving reads.

- Penguin_Alien you were on my town list too, but that doesn't mean much now. :{

@ Un-Persona: Who are the most suspicious scum and least suspicious players?

I'll need to read a few things over in this thread again to recalibrate my scum list for later on - after I come home from the movie theater. ♥

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's late for me right now, but I'll say my biggest townread is Vyse despite the bad move he made with his claims.

Still, I agree with you that knowing what character he is would be nice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply