Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Buffy Mafia Fallout Thread; Once More With Feeling!
Topic Started: Jan 3 2014, 02:56 AM (1,208 Views)
penguin_alien
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Role PMs:

Town

Vampire Mafia

Villain Mafia

Night Actions:

Night One

Night Two

Night Three

Night Four

Night Five

Night Six

Night Seven

Night Eight

Lover QT!
Mason QT!
Villain QT!
Vampire QT!
Sunnydale Cemetery!

Mod QT! (more of my thoughts migrated to the dead QT as the game progressed)

Overall I think I've noted where I designed sub-optimally, shall we say. Aside from not informing Un-Persona he'd been neighborized even if VysePresident dying rendered it an empty QT and the confusion over what the strongman shot pierced, I don't think I made any other glaring mechanical errors.

I really wasn't expecting circumstances to work out that Spike would join the Vampire Mafia as a full-fledged member. If he hadn't had access to the factional kill, I'm not sure how endgame would have gone with Doc, MK, and GG. I tend to think it would have gone to MK at that point as well, given that GG sided against Bikriki-DocBalance. But we don't know.

I overcompensated for the weak Vampire Mafia powers via numbers. I figured linking one of them to the town vig was a liability, and aside from a full BP member, none of them had strong PRs like the Villains or the town did. And claiming BP is iffy, as we saw.

Overall I think there was some good use of PRs during the game from all sides. There was also some very nice posting, and I think this is the wordiest game on-site yet.

I hope that people had a good time playing, and I appreciate everyone's participation. I welcome all feedback, and congrats again to the Vampire Mafia!
Edited by penguin_alien, Jan 3 2014, 11:13 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, lucky us that we filled the exact right condition for Mk to be recruited. I gotta admit I was a bit melancholic about our chances of winning once so many of us died in succession, but I guess I'm too much of a negative nancy to BELIEVE and I'm sorry for that.

In any case, good play all around (Except for some of you. You know who you are >:c), and I will say despite the...bumps in the road I had with this game, it was fun to watch once I died, and I almost always have fun playing anyway so that's a given. (One part that I liked exceptionally was the short night phases.)

And yes, I am glad I didn't have to juggle so many QT's @_@.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also

Posted Image

Even though it wasn't. That was crazy man.

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All according to keikaku.

Translator's note: Keikaku means "Whatever gets thrown at me that I can find to work with for that particularl phase off the seat of my pants."
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, this one fell apart pretty quickly on us because of a few little misplays and a couple big ones.

We really should have strong-arm killed Toben one night earlier. Ignoring the doctor was a bad idea.

We should have scum-hunted with our kills more, and we should have killed Ricky and Dom earlier.

We should have bussed Grim immediately, but I played too cautiously. The strong possibility of Ricky as an SK or an extra mafia member made me gun-shy of losing one of our own that way, though. It was a stupid play that went against my style, and ultimately put us in a desperate position.

I figured by that night that Ricky was some scum-outlier, and he was probably going to kill either me because he wasn't sure I could get lynched, Biki because he was the least likely to have a watcher on him, or Dom because last-minute watcher savior. Jailing him and killing Dom was probably the best damage control we could have managed, but at that point the game was already pretty much over for us.

Oh well. We got greedy in the end. If I never see another watcher or tracker again, it will be too soon :P
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...A unicorn, eh Doc? It's bad enough to had to kill me early for the second time in a row, but this? I hope you realize this means war! (a.k.a. status quo resumes.)

Anyway, I just want to congratulate Ricky for pulling it off in the end. That was a heck of a last day, and . I'm really glad to see Ricky managed to pull it off; It's always fun rooting for the underdog, and he definitely earned it. Good game and well played everyone! :)

A few random thoughts before I head off to bed. I might elaborate/rant more later, if I have time.

-My scumreads at the end of Day #1 were Persy/Muder/Flare, while Bro, Sick, and Bik had all hit my radar, and DM was suspicious on principal. Knowing how things turned out, I kinda wish I'd had a chance to play with those reads. (Curse you, Doc!)

-The reasoning behind Persy was that his push was too blind. He's a very clever player, though a little unconfident as town, and yet he was acting like neither in what felt to be a very calculated play. I was only sure of this by night, though, so I chose to use my neighborizer power on him in the hopes that I could play the idiot for half a day phase, and hopefully get more info from him before trying to get him lynched at the end.

-Doc is ridiculously fun to watch when he gets going. I'm always amazed to see how often he actually gets away with blatantly telling reality to shut up and cry in the corner. Claiming LyLo when nobody knew about the Villains really should have been a dead giveaway, though.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Jan 3 2014, 04:11 AM
Claiming LyLo when nobody knew about the Villains really should have been a dead giveaway, though.
You're just too much of a threat, Vyse. ;)

I am tickled by the fact that my bullshit and the things I actually believe seem to fit together seamlessly. It's the sort of thing that makes me laugh when people say I have a scum-style when really I just play as a townie and subtract my scum knowledge from my reads. I will say I stopped doing this starting at the LyLo call, so I need to check my gluttony more than a bit given how everything went after that.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I mean, there's a reason I called BS on everything I did. There was a pretty strict logic to everything I was trying to get across... I just wish I had more of a moral high ground to stand on, which I obviously didn't have being scum myself. :D

Vyse and his silly 'making reality cry in the corner' versus my logic quote said it best.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Funny thing is, I've never seen you play as Town, so I don't know yet. Honestly, you've gotten really good since PR, (I was completely fooled in Community, until you got greedy) and the only Villain I caught onto early was Bik. I'm actually kind of annoyed, because I'd noticed a few scummy things from you, but dismissed them because I was afraid I was just being paranoid. What we have learned today? Doc really is always scum.

Oh, funny fact? I very nearly did recruit you for real, but you seemed a little too disengaged, and then I came up with the idea to play mindgames with Persy. I probably would have failed, but man I wish I'd had the chance to try.

Also, I want you to look at this, and think about what you've done.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No no no. FLARE is always scum. Poor Flare.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lynch all Docs? Lynch all Docs.

Edit: And Flare.

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
gg wp everyone.

I sucked that game. Probably didn't need to push that bus through, and I just sort of... forgot... about the Skraal thing until N3.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pretty sure this one was decided the moment I tried to claim Tara instead of pushing, "Nope, no way Spike isn't mafia in this game." Also, claiming a dead person. *headdesk* I was actually just afraid that people would push for a mass roleclaim, and my only certain safeclaim was scummy as hell.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
New Un's Eve
Jan 3 2014, 04:44 AM
Lynch all Docs? Lynch all Docs.

Edit: And Flare.
Lynch all yous, you slippery bastard. If this had been a traditional game I don't think you ever would have died, Vyse was the only one on to you from what I can tell XD
SotF Characters

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Jan 3 2014, 04:33 AM
I mean, there's a reason I called BS on everything I did. There was a pretty strict logic to everything I was trying to get across... I just wish I had more of a moral high ground to stand on, which I obviously didn't have being scum myself. :D

Vyse and his silly 'making reality cry in the corner' versus my logic quote said it best.
Yeah, I think that's what saved you, honestly. Doc has a strong personality, but he's pushy and blatantly opportunistic. You came across as reasonable, sincere, and to top it off, you even had logic on your side. Personality means a lot in this game, I've noticed.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply