Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOTF: The Game; Reservation and Progress thread
Topic Started: Dec 15 2013, 04:08 PM (2,037 Views)
umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Dec 30 2013, 05:45 AM
I overestimated the free time I have. Good luck with this, but someone better can take my place. :P
I volunteer as tribute, if nobody objects. I'm also willing to co-op this and share ideas with anybody else who doesn't have a designated spot.

This would be for a male character, yes?
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping. Mimi's deadline is soon. I am forming a character this weekend despite work in between trying to catch up with V5 posts. Just a heads up.

Edit: It's the sixth, my character concept will be sent soon.

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alrighty, that's the deadline with a day to spare! With Goose pulling out and two people not sending me their kids, I've got three boy spots to spare. MrMrsMissMsSirMaamEsqRandom, Loco, and Naft had the first spots so if you guys would kindly let me know if you're still interested in partaking, that'd be great!

Thanks again for all your hard work, everyone! The characters look great and I can't wait to put them into action.

Posted Image

I◄◄

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TIME FOR OUR FIRST PREVIEW.

Today, considering I have all the girls entered and approved, I decided to showcase them a little! Friendly reminder: PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE WHICH CHARACTER BELONGS TO YOU. Half the fun is in the anonymity and I don't want anyone seeing someone's kid and going 'Ew, Mimi wrote her, she probably sucks fritos.'

Also bear in mind these are just quick summaries of characters!

The Girls

So, there you have it! The first half of our poor class.

Feel free to discuss the girls in the thread! Any comments or criticisms? Any early favorites? Have an idea of where their story may go? I'd love to hear it!

Posted Image

I◄◄

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All these characters sound really interesting, and I'm excited already to see what goes down. I especially look forward to seeing what happens with Jean, Kara and the Mason twins, who stand out to me especially. All of them have a lot of potential though and it'll be awesome to see what Mimi does with 'em.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are there still open spots, or has that window closed?
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Jan 11 2014, 12:47 PM
Are there still open spots, or has that window closed?
Yeah, unfortunately the window has closed. :c

Cool stuff Mimi. Almost submitted something else, a boy character I didn't end up using for V5, but then people would guess it was me and I remembered the anonymity rule. c:

Kinda wanted to try a girl for this game, as I noticed I had a lot to spare in my notebook of kid concepts that could suit this better than regular Sotf writing. Not totally satisfied with the profile quality I sent - But Excited to see what you do with our kids. :}

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah well. Roster looks way cool. I look forward to seeing what you do!
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh I see, the reservation list vanished. That's going to make it more exciting!
Your Summaries are written very well and interesting and make me wonder what'll happen to them.

Alyssa seems to be an interesting character, because she seems to be an escapist, but I think she'll have a hard time finding allies. And if she finds allies betrayal may occur due to the "not trusting".

I don't really know what will happen to Hazel, maybe she'll be some kind of villain, I guess or she'll be just be misunderstood. But she seems to be awkward for the other character, which could be interesting when watching other characters POVs. I really wonder what other characters think about her.

Oh and Saskia will sure be an interesting character. Actually that depends on the island, because the Claustrophoby could be very interesting, as she'd be in the open in case she avoids closed buildings and would be an easy target. I'd look forward to play her also because of the family stuff.

And the Mason Twins (and every SOTF Version had twins, which is a bit like a trademark for SOTF Characters). I didn't expected twins to be in this anonymous sign ups, but they'll sure be interesting reads plays especially because they are closer to each other than every other contestants. But I hope they won't end up like the Ishida Twins and that they'll meet together (alive) or go far.

Jean is a outcast, but that doesn't exactly mean that she's going to be a player (Especially since she's questioning people's actions). She also gets manipulated easily so I guess what she's going to do on the island depends who she meets on the island first.

Kara's backstory also seems to be interesting, so I'd like to play her, too. But she avoids deep relationships to other characters, which could make her a player. But the fact that she has no goals in life could mean that she finds it while in the game. Or not.

Roxy's going to do whatever she wants to do I guess. If she wants to escape she'll try to escape. And she's "commanding" so she could be a leader, too.
But if she plays I guess that she'll play. I think other characters have a hard time convincing her to something, as she seems to be a stubborn character. But I bet she'd could easily convince anyone else, due to her character traits and friendlyness.

I think Jenny's going to be a heroic character, who'll try to be very lawful. She could play and had probably good chances of winning, but I'd think that she'll try to resist the instructors, because they harmed her and her friends. But because she's sporty I think she'll go far.

Agatha is the brain so she'll definitely be an interesting read, because she'll either have a smart idea of killing someone in case she plays or she'll have a smart idea of escaping ala Liz Polanski. On the other hand she has no deep connections, which could be misfortune for her.

Ellie is a popular girl so she'll sure have many connections, so we'll more much about her from many different POVs, which could be really interesting.
She's also manipulative and sometimes aggressive and icey what could definitely lead to tensional scenes.

Yeah that were my thoughts/predictions. And I really love every character!

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These look cool. Very excited to see how they turn out in-game.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Artist's Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply