Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOTF: The Video Game; interest check
Topic Started: Dec 15 2013, 08:40 AM (1,032 Views)
Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
aka the Mimi wants another project despite having no time ever

I'm not sure if it's just me or if other people are feeling the same way, but lately I've been feeling pretty creatively drained and pretty stressed out with SOTF. I have all these ideas that I want to either work into stories or characters, but because of the medium, most of them don't come to fruition, either because of the type of character I'm writing or the lack of control over how other characters react. There's also that whole perfectionist thing I have going on, but that's a whole other issue all together. That said, SOTF and its story is something I'm really passionate about and is basically the only genre I really want to work with on a writing level. I love the drama of friends forced to turn against one another, the psychological aspect of a character's story, and the bittersweet journey of getting attached to a character I know only has a limited time. All of those factors together make me want to work more with the medium than the opportunities presented, which leads me to the subject at hand.

A SOTF based game. I know other people have discussed this or mulled the idea around before ultimately deciding it'd be impossible or losing interest in the project, but I had a dream last night and if Martin Luther taught me anything, it's that I eventually want to marry a black man. And also to follow my dreams?

So consider this an interest check. Lemme know if you guys would want to play/be a part of this!

ABOUT: The game would be based on the SOTF/Battle Royale genre, but not on any characters or situations from them, being, instead, it's own individual contained story. Set in modern day America, it'd follow the stories of 20 kids abducted and forced to fight for freedom.

GAMEPLAY: The game would most likely be an adventure-based visual novel type deal, with you taking control of one of the 20 students at a time and following their story until the end, whether they're the first out or the eventual winner and then picking a new student's story once you've finished the previous until you watched each of the 20's journey unfold. Only then would you be able to take part in the Endgame and see the aftermath. Because of it's genre, you'd have control of your chosen student for the most part, with the ability to interact with scenery and people, but the bulk of the story would take place during cut-scenes in the vein of a visual novel.

HOW YOU CAN BE A PART: A story written solely by me with characters made solely by me wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as I'd like it to be, nor do I have the creativity to pull that off. That's where you guys come in. How much fun would it be for the community to rally together and create some characters to be featured as the unlucky 20 students in the story? Handlers could write a simple profile giving their kid a background and personality and see them come to life in the story and watch as their journeys unfold.

WILL MY KID GET FAR?: Most of us want to see our babies go far, as I well understand, but there are always casualties along the way, whether your death kicks it off or if you make it to the finals. To keep with the random nature of SOTF as a whole, once I have all the students submitted, I'll conduct the ever dreaded rolls and character placement will be decided that way.

tl;dr: I want to make a game and I want you all to be a part of it! Let me know if you'd be willing to write a kid or be interested in reading/playing this adventure! If I get a good response, I'll create an official progress thread where I'll recruit handlers to make their kids post updates and such!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is perfect and I want ins nowwwwww.

I brought you gold as a bribe!

Posted Image
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I discussed this in chat earlier, but I think this'd be a lot of fun!

EDIT: Also I'd be totally up for writing characters.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Riki emerges from the abyss!

Hm... interesting.

Riki gives nod of approval.

/in
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I endorse this product and or/feature.

Sounds fun, I'm game!
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This sounds really cool. I'd love to put a character in this.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really love this idea :)
And I'd like to support this game by either creating a character or compose songs or whatever I can do to help.
I'd really love to play that game. But I've got a question: Can you choose between one of the 20 characters at the beginning or do you have to unlock the characters? Because you wrote you'll only see the Endgame if you have already seen every character. But what if you choose the winner or runner up?
Also will your beautiful artwork be in the game?
Edited by TwelveFourtyFive, Dec 15 2013, 10:50 AM.

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad people are supporting this ;~; I was so worried. I'll wait and see if we get a couple more who are interested and then open the thread to start reserving character slots!

RC: Sorry if I didn't explain clearly! My idea as of this point is that all 20 students will be playable from the beginning, but if you choose a student whom is involved in the endgame, their story is playable up until the final face-off, at which point you'll get a notification saying that their story is continued in the endgame. Endgame itself will be unlocked when you've viewed every students' story and then the Epilogue will be unlocked after you've watched Endgame.

As for the art, I'm not super sure yet! I'll for sure be making the sprites of the characters myself, but I'm not sold on drawing portraits or anything yet, as I don't think my style matches the mood I'm aiming for.

Posted Image

I◄◄

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like such a cool idea, can't wait to hear more about it!
V6 Characters:

Posted Image------------------Posted Image
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, interesting. Seems possible, I'd be very happy to help with this.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am very much a fan of anything and everything to do with this :3
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah, thank you for answering my answer. I look forward to get to know more about this project.

So you said you can control the character and you're able to interact with the scenery and the other character, but how much can you decide? And are there even right and wrong decisions? What are the consequences of decisions? Will it result to death, to know more about the characters, different story arcs or injuries?

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS IDEA BASICALLY FOREVER LET ME HELP PLEASE.

I can sprite, pixel art, work with a number of programs (RPG Makers 00,03,XP,VX; Game Makers 5.3a through to Studio, Unity 3D), compose chiptune and midi music and write.

I have honestly been trying to make this idea happen in some form forever and would love to help out!!
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am very much up for this. I love the idea.

Maybe characters are unlocked as they are encountered? Like, we start with one character (who, let's say has a set story.) They always die the same way, but they have a lot of interactions that set up scenarios and determine future events. For example, you decide if you want to kill or not as this character. Whoever this character kills would then obviously be eliminated from the "eligible winner" pool, or something.

edit:

Mimi

RC: Sorry if I didn't explain clearly! My idea as of this point is that all 20 students will be playable from the beginning, but if you choose a student whom is involved in the endgame, their story is playable up until the final face-off, at which point you'll get a notification saying that their story is continued in the endgame. Endgame itself will be unlocked when you've viewed every students' story and then the Epilogue will be unlocked after you've watched Endgame.

oh, that's just as excellent
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Dec 15 2013, 02:02 PM.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Man, I was having the same idea too, except doing something like Corpse Party where it's a preset story that's chapter based because it would be such a clusterfuck to do something with an insane amount of characters. And then I realized I can't art, so. :(

Anyway, if you need a old-school style music person, I could totally be your guy! ...Maybe...possibly
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Artist's Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply