Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LoL Thread, PRESEASON edition: MORE DOTS MORE DOTS
Topic Started: Nov 29 2013, 08:15 PM (12,655 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That is beautiful in many ways.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Playing exclusively Lanewick on EUW is hilarious. I'm not great, but he's lots of fun and people can't really kill him.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How does Vlad work? He's one I've never quite understood.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Playing ARAM on my smurf with level 5 people is the most bizarre thing ever. I get stomped because I am way worse at carrying than other smurfs. I've been generally lucky to break even, but I guess that's what happens when second-playing Kat and Vlad. ><
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just lost an hour long Kassadin vs. Ezreal One for All to the most amazing set of throws.

Yes, one of us can kill all the Ezs if they clump. This does not mean we should a. try to 2 v 5 them and b. walk down mid in a straight line and eat five consecutive ults apiece.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Spurred by a comment I found on Skype and thought was interesting: Do you have a signature champion/a few signature champions? Who? Are there any champions you associate with other players?

Like, for example, I always associate Slam with Sivir and Elena with Singed, even though I know both play other people more these days.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lemme go through my list and see who I associate with who. These are in order; the champ I most think of when I think of you comes first if you have multiples. Also, includes Turtle's friends since I do bots with them a ton.

Slam: Sivir, Kennen

SRJJJB: Zac

Espi: Caitlyn

Elena: Singed, Zyra, Garen

BROtoro: Annie (I think I just saw you playing support Annie once)

CrabCaptain: Malzahar

DastardlyBananas: Vi

Mimi: Lux

Rattle: Xerath, Kat

HeartOfAWarrior: Sona, Sivir, Taric

Iceblock: Ashe

Irene: Ashe trying to solo a turret with no minions around to help

Deamon: Hecarim

Sean: Viktor

Ricky: Shaco, Urgot

Jonny: Kayle

Turtle: Kha Zix

For myself, I'd go Teemo, Sion, Garen (with Garen mostly just 'cause I used to spam him all the time, though I still play him some when tanky bruisers are called for)
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pippin
Dec 5 2013, 06:38 PM
Hmm, for the association thing, I think I'd associate myself with Varus, Tristana and Singed. Tristana because, even though I don't play her that much, I feel like I've played as her a bunch with you guys (albeit mostly in hide-and-seek).
Now that you mention it, I'd peg you as Varus. I feel like we haven't played together enough, though, 'cause it didn't come to mind immediately for me.

We should rectify this! :)
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone joining EUW should name their account "Doctor [whatever]". Be sure to spell out "Doctor". We're working on becoming that team. Thus far, Elena is Doctor Dawggie, Ricky's Doctor Botchie, and I'm Doctor Dunk.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Went 1/0/4 as Poppy on ARAM today. I was lagging super hard, though, and was invisible to myself half the game. It was actually pretty funny.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, I just read about Stackplank.

How it works is, you're Gangplank and rush Sword of the Occult (and, optionally, Mejai's). Then, every time it looks like another lane is going to get a kill, you ult the fight for free stacks. The basic goal is to snowball your lane without any real effort by not dying and just farming assists elsewhere on the map, getting good gold efficiency off the stack items.

I kinda wanna learn Gangplank now, just because it seems like all the really trolly builds are for him. I mean, there's this and Critplank, and then I guess there used to be Bankplank and Denyplank.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm 9/6 on showdown as AP Sion right now. That said, I blame one of my losses on my item sets (Doran's for showdown is different from regular Doran's, so I assumed it didn't exist and started boots my first game and got roflstomped by ZIlean) and two of the others on making very silly decisions and diving people. Nothing like losing a one on one by execute. ><
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Showdowns as AP Sion: ~25
Showdowns cursed at while playing AP Sion: 0
Showdowns as Cait: 1
Showdowns cursed at while playing Cait: 1

Apparently, winning by turret rather than sitting around at give Lux another chance at spellspamming me was rage-inducing, never mind that we were each less than ten minions from winning. It's almost like I didn't go back despite being at under 300 hp for a reason.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Spoiler: click to toggle

The moral of this story is, don't get too confident when you're fighting a support just 'cause they aren't farming so well.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm currently at two for two in Showdowns where someone tries to build armor against my AP Trist.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply