Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,321 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Pippin
Nov 25 2013, 08:17 PM
I've just bought Phoenix Wight: Dual Destinies, which means I now have that, Pokemon X, Pokemon Black 2, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Metroid Prime Trilogy still to finish.
Out of all of those, I can highly recommend you finish 999! It's a very fun ride from start to finish, and you grow very attached to all of the different characters.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is also a fun one! Of the three, I've beaten the first, gotten only sort of into the second and made it a good deal through the third, and all of them have something very different and very fun to offer in their own right.

There's also Fire Emblem: Awakening, another of my favorites on the 3DS. So many games, so little time...
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Lore
Jun 28 2016, 06:09 PM
dude, i dont want to sound rude or anything, but you did the same thing as me and quote a post from a long time.
Ah crap, thought that was the most recent post. Oops!
Thanks for the welcome though, all I ask is that you're patient with me, haha.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Who else is getting Zelda tomorrow? How much of the game have you seen and what are your initial thoughts going in? What system are you getting it on? Where's the first place you'll head to?

Personally, I've been hyped for this thing for years. Back when they first showed off a trailer at E3 in 2014, I was pumped up, ready to play it when it came out in 2015. And then they delayed it again and again, and the hype kept on building and building. From what I've seen - which spans from the very start to late game content - this game will not disappoint when it comes out tomorrow. There are still so much I want to go to that I haven't seen reviewers investigate (there's a Coliseum looking building close to the start that I'm heading to straight away). One facet of the game I don't quite understand is the alleged difficulty. Every review I've seen of people playing gives me the impression that they're just....not good at combat.

I'm getting the game on Wii U. The Switch isn't in the cards financially right now for my family, but once I pick that system up I'll probably buy the game again. While there was a period of radio silence where I was worried the Wii U version would under perform, all the footage I've seen has looked pretty good. Then again, I'm raised on Nintendo consoles and under performing PCs, so I'm used to this kind of thing. Maybe I'm just jaded.

Tldr: GIVE ME THIS GAME NINTENDO

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
I beat Super Mario World for the first time a few days ago ^u^

Doing the original now, and I'm almost done, but I'm stuck on the layout of World 8-4 - so puzzling!

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Yo, wanna play some SMW mods? I love SMW mods.

I've played some before but I might just jump back into SMW romhacks now. If I can find a good USB SNES controller or a USB convertor for SNES input so I can play with the real thing, I'd be super stoked.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Awakening is tons of fun and really good, I haven't finished Birthright but it's not as fun IMO. The writing isn't as strong either. I have Conquest, I dunno how it plays though because I haven't started it.

Man, I just find the 3DS so hard to pick up and play as a console. I have the original model, so that's probably half of it. If anyone could swing that New 3DS XL that'd be cool thanks

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
The advice I always see is to wait until the end of the sale to buy unless it's a flash sale or daily deal, but I dunno if they still do those following some news I've seen so your mileage may vary.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply