Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,332 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just bought Rune Factory 4 so I can get all my gaming urges out during break. Marry ALL the villagers.

Really though, I think it's a pretty good addition to the series. The world map is bigger and the relationship system is a bit more complex, and the plot is solid. Recommended if you're a fan of the series, though you might want to start with one of the earlier games if you just want to get your feet wet, since they're a bit simpler.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dmboogie
Nov 29 2013, 03:59 AM
backslash
Nov 27 2013, 09:19 PM
Just bought Rune Factory 4 so I can get all my gaming urges out during break. Marry ALL the villagers.

Really though, I think it's a pretty good addition to the series. The world map is bigger and the relationship system is a bit more complex, and the plot is solid. Recommended if you're a fan of the series, though you might want to start with one of the earlier games if you just want to get your feet wet, since they're a bit simpler.
Bought this game a couple days ago and have barely been able to put it down. Rune Factory 3 was one of my favorite DS games, and this managed to improve on it in pretty much every way possible, so I've been having a blast.

Made it to the start of the second arc, but since my woolie isn't producing medium fur yet, I can't do the new equipment since my weapon is out of date.
Forging/crafting is the bane of my existence. I just want to fight monsters and marry pretty anime people, Rune Factory.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Has anyone here played Silent Hill: Downpour? Is it worth renting/buying?
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Santa-Sona
Nov 30 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:

Has anyone here played Silent Hill: Downpour? Is it worth renting/buying?

I haven't, but I have seen videos and scenes ad it looks pretty good. Biggest complaint I've heard of is that the combat system off I guess? I'm kind of w/e about that. They have a really cool looking main monster too:

Posted Image
I might buy it just because the main monster isn't Pyramid Head.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Haha I played Amnesia: Justine and now I will never sleep or date again.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I highly recommend the Amnesia series if you want more survival horror, even though the games will put you off sleeping, swimming, and pork.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While we're bitching about our technology, my 3DS decided to up and die for no reason. Internet search says the battery might need to be re-seated or something, but I still need to find a screwdriver that fits. I never had this kind of problem with my DS Lite :/
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pippin
Jan 3 2014, 02:12 PM
Just started playing The World Ends With You, and I really hope Neku's personality picks up because he's currently the most unlikeable protagonist i've encountered for a good while.
I'd say he makes some progress throughout the game.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally picked up Bravely Default today. I've heard good things about it so we'll see how it goes.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*downloads more Yume Nikki fangames*

*never leaves my room again because life is a gross parody of itself*
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And thus we bid goodbye to Persy's sanity.

In other news I finally got my 3DS fixed so I can catch up on all the Pokemon that I'm so behind on.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Way late to the party, but I finally got my hands on a 3DS copy of Super Smash Bros. My only complaint so far is how tiny things get on the top screen when the stage zooms out.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's trying to save you.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was gifted Aviary Attorney on Steam and have spent the last few days playing it, and I can safely say I'd recommend it. It's a nice little send-up of the Ace Attorney series, you get to play as a funny bird, and there is a recurring character who is pretty much Miles Edgeworth but a rooster. There's multiple endings (I believe there are three), but you have the option to reload days that you have previously played so you can go back to the points where you make an important choice and play from there instead of going through the whole thing over and over again. It's not very long or particularly challenging, but it was fun.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I want "Bonus: Enemy of the Gods" on my gravestone tbh.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply