Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,930 Views)
tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Kalopsia

Gosh darn do I love Disaster: Day of Crisis. What a brilliantly dumb game.
I hate you and your NTSC-region release avoiding games.

Ciel

I have been playing Parasite Eve, that game is kind of fucked up in a good way actually.
omg I love Parasite Eve so much I could talk about that shit all day. At least the first one. The sequels are kinda "eh", to be honest.

Anyway I've finally started working on the Mass Effect games considering I bought the trilogy set like months ago but just never got around to playing them. I've been switching back and forth between that and Rogue Legacy, and I've also been tackling Flower, Sun, and Rain when I take my DS anywhere. I like Suda51, but damn, FSR just isn't a fun game.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Aura Master Fox
Nov 25 2013, 08:37 PM
Finally beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. About to jump into Justice For All. Wish me luck, folks...
I wish you luck in that you won't judge the quality of the other games solely based on Justice for All.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Deamon
Nov 27 2013, 01:40 PM
NotAFlyingToy
Nov 27 2013, 09:30 AM
I apparently bought Rogue Legacy sometime in the past few months or so. I started playing it today.

Game's really fun!
I've been looking at getting that since I really like games that do the whole randomised levels and permadeath thing.
The only thing I don't like about it is how there's not much of a variety of sub-weapons, but the fact that you have to keep changing tactics depending on what class or traits you pick really sells it for me, along with the fact that it's a randomized Metroidvania.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Nothing feels better than snagging a game on Steam that was marked for a higher discount than it was apparently supposed to be.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Flare
Nov 29 2013, 04:12 PM
Deamon
Nov 29 2013, 04:02 PM
What game was this?
Probably Dishonored. There was a brief window earlier today where it was accidentally 92% off.
Yeah, it was Dishonored. They goofed on the discount for the Game of the Year edition to where it was about half the price of just the standalone game. Someone probably got fired, but hey, I can't complain.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Dec 2 2013, 01:39 AM
Just finished episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us.

Goddamn it, Telltale. Stop making good things.
How does it compare to their other games? I'm interested in picking it up because I liked their Sam & Max and Walking Dead adaptations, but at the same time I wouldn't want to throw down a lot of money if it ended up being like that Jurassic Park one.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
I haven't played any of the Amnesia games, but I've yet to play a game that can top the Fatal Frame games in scariness. It probably has something to do with how terrifying Japanese vengeance spirits can be.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]

Skip to ~2:00
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tough call.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Neku just has a bad case of Square Enix Character Development Syndrome where he has to be a whiny prick for the first half of the game before he gets a third dimension. Then again, Joshua's not that much better during his part in the plot, so maybe the two kind of cancel each other out?
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply