Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,967 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really, really need to stop buying games. I've just bought Phoenix Wight: Dual Destinies, which means I now have that, Pokemon X, Pokemon Black 2, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Metroid Prime Trilogy still to finish. Trying to decide which of those to focus on whilst remaining unspoiled by the interwebs is a less than easy task.

I'm, uh... I'm a slow gamer.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My two old PS2s would quit working constantly, but that was more out of a combination of buying them off of Ebay and my brother hitting them every time they'd act up.

I have also completely and utterly gotten back into the Metroid Prime games. Seriously dunno why I stopped playing them, they're great. Only problem was jumping back into Echoes and not having a clue where I was supposed to go or what to do.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just started playing The World Ends With You, and I really hope Neku's personality picks up because he's currently the most unlikeable protagonist i've encountered for a good while.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Un-Persona
Jul 7 2014, 08:06 PM
Been spending days playing old fire emblem games, check the avi, and it's as fun as I remember them, 10/10 aging.

Still find it difficult to just let my units die without restarting the chapter. I either need to just get gud or stop being sentimental about video games.
Fire Emblem will always be my favourite video game series, so this post pleases me immensely. I can never let any of my units die without restarting; I don't care if I'm right at the boss of a five hour level, I ain't continuing without Lute or Treck or Farina.

Which reminds me that I still need to finish Awakening. I've spent waaaaaay too much time on the DLC, random Revenant and Spotpass battles and leveling up supports.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Un-Persona
Dec 27 2014, 07:16 PM
Got a 2Ds and FE: A. Now I proceed to do nothing else with my life.
I've had Awakening since release, have an unhealthy amount of hours clocked into it and yet i'm still only about half way through the game. There's just all the DLC and the SpotPass guys and the paralogues and every single support possible and literally everything aside from the main storyline to complete.

Also, got Bravely Default for christmas. It's pretty good so far! The 'Summon Ally' thingy is hilariously broken though and makes early bosses a non-factor.

Mrgrgr.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Un-Persona
Jan 14 2015, 09:51 AM
NEW HUSBANDO-WAIFU EMBLEM TRAILER

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-fire-emblem-3ds-revealed/1100-6424637/

Turned a bad day into a good day.
I WANT THIS IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW SO BADLY
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I remembered how much I love Phoenix Wright over the holidays.

I think I've left it's grasp but in the end I can't escape this dumb game about anime lawyers.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jesus Christ, Dual Destinies, did anyone spellcheck you before release? Anyone?
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugikun
May 25 2015, 07:00 PM
So I'm guessing the miracle never happen?
The miracle never happens about once every five minutes. It honestly detracts from the game as a whole because it has a habit of cropping up in similarly serious moments.

Also, here is all you need to know about Fire Emblem: if.
Spoiler: click to toggle
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All this Fire Emblem: Fates news and it still isn't due to be released in the west until 2016. Nintendo y u do dis ;~;
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pippin
May 25 2015, 02:24 PM
Jesus Christ, Dual Destinies, did anyone spellcheck you before release? Anyone?
And then pretty much all the spelling errors go away for the rather excellent final couple of cases. Oh, Ace Attorney. I can't ever stay mad at you.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Both the Fremblem statement and the absolutely garbage Pokemon Picross fee to pay statement are absolutely true, and if I'm saying it you know it must be so :D
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fates comes out in the US in two days, and yet there's STILL no Europe release date.

brb, crying for ever
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
speaking of getting released literally a year after the japanese release, i'm still playing fire emblem in case anyone was wondering

Shiro and his level can eat a bag of dicks
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Every time I pick up Megaman Battle Network 4 I think it can't be that bad.

It is. It really is that bad.

Posted Image
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply