Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,948 Views)
Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So because I actually legit enjoyed talking about video games in the random thoughts thread before MAXIMUM SPIDER:

General video game discussion thread aka "what we have been playing that isn't league of legends". Discuss why Halo could beat up that Metroid guy here.

Gosh darn do I love Disaster: Day of Crisis. What a brilliantly dumb game.
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Santa-Sona
Nov 25 2013, 08:07 PM
Injustice: Gods Among Us was pretty good, would borrow again.
Was it "good for someone who doesn't play a lot of fighting games" good because from fighting game fans I have heard it is very very dumb and unbalanced.(and should not have been at Evo).
V5:
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ehhhhhhh, I'll skip it. I'm more into Marvel and dislike Mortal Kombat.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pippin
Nov 25 2013, 08:17 PM
Metroid Prime Trilogy
GET GOING. These are my favourite games of all time.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Nov 25 2013, 10:33 PM
I think the quality of the game in regard to New Vegas declines steeply when you actually get to NV, personally.
Them's fighting words. I love the "courier thrown in WAY OVER HIS/HER FUCKING HEAD HOLY SHIT WHO ARE ALL THESE FACTIONS GIANT ARMY OF LIBERTARIAN ROBOTS, BITCHES" part of the story.

Though I could see why it would suck if you don't put in shitloads of time to do all the sidequests because at that point the game really does go "just fuckin' meet everyone. Or don't. I don't care.".
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Flare
Nov 26 2013, 10:12 AM
Grim Wolf
Nov 26 2013, 01:26 AM
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, but the ending of the 3rd game is...problematic. I'll let you decide what you think.
Oof, the ending. Not really series ruining, or even really game ruining (despite what the "hardcore" fans will tell you), but definitely a really bad way to end all of it.

At the same time, Indoctrination Theory manages to be an even bigger load of BS, IMO.
Just download the Extended Cut DLC. The Epilogue cinematics turn the endings from "horseshit" to "actually really good".

Then play Citadel.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Nov 26 2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah. Save it for the end. It makes everything in the world great.

"I like this Zaeed. Though I don't understand why he is always damning his god."
"I am convinced your Zaeed human is really a prothean in disguise."
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Nov 26 2013, 12:06 PM
Rock Band's currently broken me with "Guitars Suck", though.
Fuck that overcharted piece of shit. Bumblefoot is a twat.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aura Master Fox
Nov 26 2013, 12:33 PM
So... does anyone else love using create-a-character features way too much?
I like making my create-a-characters look like Sean Bean. It makes dying so much more fun.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51870/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-mobile-coming-this-december.html
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yahtzee made a freeware horror roguelike.

http://fullyramblomatic-yahtzee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/thy-shadow-consumed.html

It's Chzo Mythos.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Nov 28 2013, 08:11 AM
In other news I finally got my laptop to run games off my Nvidia graphics card since I thought it had been doing it for a year when it hadn't been.
WORST PART OF PC GAMING
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Nov 29 2013, 07:50 AM
Kalopsia
Nov 28 2013, 09:00 AM
Deamon
Nov 28 2013, 08:11 AM
In other news I finally got my laptop to run games off my Nvidia graphics card since I thought it had been doing it for a year when it hadn't been.
WORST PART OF PC GAMING
But everything looks so pretty now.
BEST PART OF PC GAMING
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This was not the way to contribute to a productive discussion about video games, and Stanley knew it perfectly well. Stanley was so bad at posting, it's amazing he wasn't permabanned years ago.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Nov 30 2013, 01:13 PM
Has anyone here played Silent Hill: Downpour? Is it worth renting/buying?
I'm working up the courage to buy it. It's apparently a return to form for the series.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply