Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,372 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Hitman franchise is apparently saved. I am happy.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I have been playing the crap out of Fire Emblem Awakening. :D

My first run was with a male avatar, now I'm playing with a female avatar.

I hope to start on Birthright soon. Also, I'd love to get Echoes (maybe for my birthday). ^_^
Art

Character Concepts

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Awakening is tons of fun and really good, I haven't finished Birthright but it's not as fun IMO. The writing isn't as strong either. I have Conquest, I dunno how it plays though because I haven't started it.

Man, I just find the 3DS so hard to pick up and play as a console. I have the original model, so that's probably half of it. If anyone could swing that New 3DS XL that'd be cool thanks
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I heard that Fates in general doesn't have the best writing, but in terms of gameplay, it's one of the best.

I also heard Conquest is one of the harder games since Radiant Dawn. I haven't played the Gamecube games, so I don't know what to expect.
Art

Character Concepts

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First Summer Sale I experience.

What 2 buy?

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shadow of Mordor is £3.50

Actually here's a massive list of all the good deals: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/22/steam-summer-sale-our-giant-recommendations-list/#more-455375
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
The advice I always see is to wait until the end of the sale to buy unless it's a flash sale or daily deal, but I dunno if they still do those following some news I've seen so your mileage may vary.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I believe flash sales were discontinued due to the introduction of the refund system a few years back. The result of that is that currently the overall sale tends to be slightly better than the base sale in the past, but a notch or two worse than the best deals. It's worth poking around a bit to see how good the deal is (Cheapshark and many other sites track across platforms and give historical lows) because some devs like to put stuff on an actually-not-that-amazing rate in the main Steam sales now and will have it cheaper at random times throughout the year. I'll do some poking to see if there's anything super great on sale this time, though.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For those interested Fallout 4 is currently £9.99 on Steam (Please convert to your local currency and or item of trading)
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For those who weren't aware, Secret World Legends is free to download and play (the download will take a few hours at minimum though), and it's fun as hell. I hadn't played the original but I'm told the combat is much improved. (I recommend a mouse though, click combat is kind of janky if you're playing on a laptop.)
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Got around to starting The Hanged Man. It's really good so far, the atmosphere is nice and creepy and the plot is just confusing enough to keep you going forward to figure it out, like the rest of the games in the series. The version I downloaded does have a text formatting problem where dialogue goes off the screen rather than wrapping in the text box, but that may have been fixed in an update.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Aug 28 2017, 09:37 PM
Got around to starting The Hanged Man. It's really good so far, the atmosphere is nice and creepy and the plot is just confusing enough to keep you going forward to figure it out, like the rest of the games in the series. The version I downloaded does have a text formatting problem where dialogue goes off the screen rather than wrapping in the text box, but that may have been fixed in an update.
Update: got two different bad endings so far but somehow I managed to not die at all.
Characters

Others

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Playing Game of the Year Dragon Age Inquisition. Have lost myself to Dragon Age madness once again. Remember me as I was, not as what I am becoming.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gundam Versus comes out today, and I'm hoping it's delivered by the time I get home. There is no G Gundam representation (rip), but it represents my feelings well:

Posted Image
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Every time I pick up Megaman Battle Network 4 I think it can't be that bad.

It is. It really is that bad.

Posted Image
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply