Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,901 Views)
Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am running about 5 different games of Fallout: New Vegas at the same time, all with different characters and skillsets. Despite that, none of them have made it to New Vegas itself yet.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I am running about 5 different games of Fallout: New Vegas at the same time, all with different characters and skillsets. Despite that, none of them have made it to New Vegas itself yet.

Can't tell if doing it right.

In any case, my main thing I'm doing in New Vegas is cutting down on the hoarding problem I get in every game I play ever. I don't need 200 something pounds of guns and clothes.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the quality of the game in regard to New Vegas declines steeply when you actually get to NV, personally.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kantai Collection is a thing ._.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, but the ending of the 3rd game is...problematic. I'll let you decide what you think.

I'm currently working my way through KH 1.5
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

(Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/ILr2q)

Worth a look. Some funny stuff.
Edited by NotAFlyingToy, Nov 26 2013, 03:24 AM.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aura Master Fox
Nov 25 2013, 09:24 PM
Doing it right.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Nov 25 2013, 10:33 PM
I think the quality of the game in regard to New Vegas declines steeply when you actually get to NV, personally.
Them's fighting words. I love the "courier thrown in WAY OVER HIS/HER FUCKING HEAD HOLY SHIT WHO ARE ALL THESE FACTIONS GIANT ARMY OF LIBERTARIAN ROBOTS, BITCHES" part of the story.

Though I could see why it would suck if you don't put in shitloads of time to do all the sidequests because at that point the game really does go "just fuckin' meet everyone. Or don't. I don't care.".
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Nov 26 2013, 01:26 AM
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, but the ending of the 3rd game is...problematic. I'll let you decide what you think.
Oof, the ending. Not really series ruining, or even really game ruining (despite what the "hardcore" fans will tell you), but definitely a really bad way to end all of it.

At the same time, Indoctrination Theory manages to be an even bigger load of BS, IMO.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Flare
Nov 26 2013, 10:12 AM
Grim Wolf
Nov 26 2013, 01:26 AM
Oof, the ending. Not really series ruining, or even really game ruining (despite what the "hardcore" fans will tell you), but definitely a really bad way to end all of it.

At the same time, Indoctrination Theory manages to be an even bigger load of BS, IMO.
Just download the Extended Cut DLC. The Epilogue cinematics turn the endings from "horseshit" to "actually really good".

Then play Citadel.
V5:
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I wouldn't go as far as "actually really good", but still a lot better.

Also YES OMG CITADEL IT'S THE BEST THING OF ALL EVER.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah. Save it for the end. It makes everything in the world great.

"I like this Zaeed. Though I don't understand why he is always damning his god."
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One of these days I'll get back into Rock Band. I'm one of those guys who was all "Yeah, beaten Jordan and TTFAF on expert, I'll take anything you throw at me, blah blah blah."

Rock Band's currently broken me with "Guitars Suck", though.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Nov 26 2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah. Save it for the end. It makes everything in the world great.

"I like this Zaeed. Though I don't understand why he is always damning his god."
"I am convinced your Zaeed human is really a prothean in disguise."
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Nov 25 2013, 10:33 PM
Personally, I feel the opposite. To me, the story didn't really become interesting or engaging until the New Vegas portion. The towns on the way to the city didn't really interest me, and the slog through the meandering path on the way to Freeside is what really decreases the replay value in my opinion. Sure, I'd like to be able to try out every possible faction and stat/weapon combinations, but it just isn't worth having to spend a couple hours completing the sidequests on the way to the main story. It would feel like cheating to skip them, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to push through them for the fourth, even though I still haven't played through the House ending.
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply