Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Video Game Discussion Thread; Speedrunning into walls since 2014
Topic Started: Nov 25 2013, 08:04 PM (14,763 Views)
Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So because I actually legit enjoyed talking about video games in the random thoughts thread before MAXIMUM SPIDER:

General video game discussion thread aka "what we have been playing that isn't league of legends". Discuss why Halo could beat up that Metroid guy here.

Gosh darn do I love Disaster: Day of Crisis. What a brilliantly dumb game.
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Injustice: Gods Among Us was pretty good, would borrow again.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have been playing Parasite Eve, that game is kind of fucked up in a good way actually.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Santa-Sona
Nov 25 2013, 08:07 PM
Injustice: Gods Among Us was pretty good, would borrow again.
Was it "good for someone who doesn't play a lot of fighting games" good because from fighting game fans I have heard it is very very dumb and unbalanced.(and should not have been at Evo).
V5:
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dom

Was it "good for someone who doesn't play a lot of fighting games" good because from fighting game fans I have heard it is very very dumb and unbalanced.(and should not have been at Evo).

I consider myself kind've a fighting game fan and I liked it. One of the unique things about that I really liked is that there's an interactive background environment that characters can actions have which changes depending on the type of character you chose. For instance, where as a "light" character would jump off a statue to the other side of their opponent, a "heavy" character would pick up and throw the statue. So I guess the balance is a bit wonky, but I don't think it's that big of a negative.

Joker can still kill Ares.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ehhhhhhh, I'll skip it. I'm more into Marvel and dislike Mortal Kombat.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really, really need to stop buying games. I've just bought Phoenix Wight: Dual Destinies, which means I now have that, Pokemon X, Pokemon Black 2, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Metroid Prime Trilogy still to finish. Trying to decide which of those to focus on whilst remaining unspoiled by the interwebs is a less than easy task.

I'm, uh... I'm a slow gamer.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pippin
Nov 25 2013, 08:17 PM
Metroid Prime Trilogy
GET GOING. These are my favourite games of all time.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
Hey girl hey
[ *  * ]
Kalopsia

Gosh darn do I love Disaster: Day of Crisis. What a brilliantly dumb game.
I hate you and your NTSC-region release avoiding games.

Ciel

I have been playing Parasite Eve, that game is kind of fucked up in a good way actually.
omg I love Parasite Eve so much I could talk about that shit all day. At least the first one. The sequels are kinda "eh", to be honest.

Anyway I've finally started working on the Mass Effect games considering I bought the trilogy set like months ago but just never got around to playing them. I've been switching back and forth between that and Rogue Legacy, and I've also been tackling Flower, Sun, and Rain when I take my DS anywhere. I like Suda51, but damn, FSR just isn't a fun game.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jilly Shears
Nov 25 2013, 08:28 PM
I've finally started working on the Mass Effect games
I HAVE HEARD THE MUSIC OF MY PEOPLE

Great series. Fantastic series. BEST series. Play through it immediately and never look back.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm back on Skyrim because I can finally run it with mods and shit, and I can confirm years after everyone else that it is ohmygodsogood.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. About to jump into Justice For All. Wish me luck, folks...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
Hey girl hey
[ *  * ]
Aura Master Fox
Nov 25 2013, 08:37 PM
Finally beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. About to jump into Justice For All. Wish me luck, folks...
I wish you luck in that you won't judge the quality of the other games solely based on Justice for All.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm the biggest fighting game snob. It drives the WAW folks crazy that I diss the fuck out of Mortal Kombat for being an unbalanced piece of shit that focuses too much on shock and gore and not enough on gameplay and semi-decent character design.

If you are a Mortal Kombat fan...

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING.

Uh, so other than my good fighters (Guilty Gear, super occasionally MvC3) and my experimental 'these are okay but not my mainstays' (Blazblue, Skullgirls) that I'm playing at the moment, I'm also dabbling around with Bastion here and there.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, right, my friends and I once played and VOICE ACTED the first three Phoenix Wright games. It took forever.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply