Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New General SOTF Discussion Thread; Yep
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 11:42 AM (20,565 Views)
Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm a bit concerned about the potential nature of the character roster I'm coming up with. Specifically, I want to do something very close to my heart, very personal and built from myself in the (not so recent) past, partially for catharsis and reflective purposes and partially for the classic 'what would I be like in these circumstances?' hypotheticals. However, that led me to conceptualizing a character inherently built in with major trigger warnings in terms of gender identity problems/depressive to borderline suicidal tendencies. He's a heavy character and one I wanted to get an opinion from the handler community on whether it would be wise/appropriate for me to try out.
Edited by Cicada Days, Apr 9 2015, 01:52 PM.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Why can't I sleep ugghhhh. At least the headache is gone. Anyways, while I'm up and restless. Best showings so far. I love your thread actually, Yugi. I'm appreciating your prose and the uniqueness of the thread concept, and I also like Adelaide in there, her character intrigues me greatly. Ty as a character's won me over with his memories thread, in general I seem to really be liking DuckyB's writing style.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
And if they are in the upper bracket of wealth it might be best to justify it by saying the breadwinner works during the week in Phoenix or Vegas and comes back every weekend or every other weekend. Heck it gives you some extra character stuff to work with if the parents are fairly frequently out of the house.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel like it's been long enough for me to chime in as well. :0

Besides the fact that pregame in general for V6 seems slow as molasses I do agree with all of Espi's points above (even the one where he complements me hurr durr), especially on Georgia and Noah. Georgia's prose is super verbose and sometimes a crawl to get through, but it definitely adds to the vibe of the character to me and Frogue seems to have designed this girl well! Noah has the most intensive and richly detailed solo post so far and I loved reading through them, he's a fascinating character without going overboard.

In addition two characters that caught my eye are backslashes Ming-Jae and Primrosette's Brendan, and the thread Black Kingdom, Red Kingdom. I followed this one closely because it's one of the first overtly antagonistic interactions that's occurred in V6, and what can I say? I really like characters with temper and attitude and wit. Ming-Jae strikes me as well done, a realistic portrayal of his sort of character archetype who is fleshed out very well, with good solo content and a lovably caustic internal narrative that doesn't get heavy-handed. Brendan is essentially Georgia lite, IMO, a bit rougher around the edges in prose and narrative but looks to be shaping up well, especially because I feel the writing style actually complements despite sometimes being a bit of a chore to read.

Seriously though, hopefully the rate of posting isn't a sign of things to come.
Edited by Cicada Days, Sep 26 2015, 11:47 PM.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Peaceful Meadows ain't gonna be peaceful for long (watch as no actual fights/kills break out within it's bounds)

Quote:

Opinion for the day:

I like to disable my signature in posts I am writing that are neither the enter or exit posts. I feel this contributes to upholding the "reading flow" of a thread.

I totally should do this but I'm going to plead laziness as my non-excuse for not going back and editing my threads quite yet.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Maybe you could share some of your un-sense of suspense with us, perhaps in the form of spoilers

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Drugs are an hell of a Your love your love your love is my drug.

more like

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A full canon floor plan of the asylum in general would be very helpful, with how many island locations it encompasses.

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Like honestly just write the entire thread and all posts in kanji why not

The Nights

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jerry busy putting all future parodies of SOTF things out of business.

Seriously though, nice meta bullshitting. He's grown on me, though I think primarily as a character in spite of the meta cockery, not because of.

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That represents Alessio's true enemies, Jonathan Gulley and Richard Nixon.

srs tho thanks for pointing it out prim!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
eh, i ship it

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Some say Alessio hates Jonathan Gulley to this day inb4 canon

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply