Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New General SOTF Discussion Thread; Yep
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 11:42 AM (20,577 Views)
TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First one missing is B12. Will find other. Will edit this post.

Edit: I'm stupid, cause Bryan's B12. I forgot
Edited by TwelveFourtyFive, Jan 31 2014, 02:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
G072 is it then.

Edit: G075's away, too
Edited by TwelveFourtyFive, Jan 31 2014, 02:49 PM.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I recently read through this thread. I like this thread.

So, V5 is almost over, so I wondered which V5 scene might be showed in the V6 Prologue. I personally want to see the Theo vs Hansel fight or some Summer scenes in it, but as the V3-5 Prologue teasers all had the theme "Betrayal"/"killing an ally" in it (Matt and Sera, Emma and Riz, Josie and Sierra) I think that in V6 Prologue there either will be Gray's kill of Sean or maybe Joachim's kill of Paris. I dunno, maybe Ami and Ruby, too. I currently can't think of other scene.

What do you want to see or think will be shown?

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I got curious about V4. Or rather the rescue. I'm curious about what the V4 handlers thought when the rescue was announced. I think that most people were probably glad about it or rather surprised. What were your thoughts and reactions for the escape? And what were your plans? And how did you guys reacted to the blacklist? I wonder whether the handlers of the blacklist characters thought "Dang it, now my character can't escape" or "Well, I feel honoured to handle one of these few special mentioned characters" (Well, to be honest, I read some blacklist characters just because they were on the blacklist, which certainly makes them stand out from the 276 students.). I also kinda wonder why people chose to rescue one of their characters instead of another one of theirs. But yeah, the rescue is such an interesting event in SOTF history. That makes me think how people reacted to the V3 Epilogue/Escape.

Oh dang, another Random Thought of mine occured. Which V5 students would've been on the ban list? (I think this question was already asked for V1-3 or Minis. I don't recall.)

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TwelveFourtyFive claps

No clap gif image would've fit. Too perfect. The whole version.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The site really looks nice.

The scrolling quotes are interesting. It's kinda funny how Madelaine's quote was. It's odd that in some pages there are no scroll quotes. The constant changing welcome box, when you click on the links is also cool. The spontaneity thing's cool. But it's also nice to know that they wrote a new welcome box everytime something different happens (V2 endgame announcement, announcement of V3 first announcement, announcement of the fact that V3 reached its cap).

The Hawley Icons also kinda looks better than the black boxes we have now. I'd like to reintroduce that!

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ohh, 2009 looks nice, I like green. It reminds me of that Evo archive board. But no scrolls, unfortunately. It's cool that we now have a wiki and a chat!

Apparently, we can look into the wiki. When I clicked on the V4 character page I asked myself why you guys didn't know the names of B31, B49, G23, G35 and more. How were the V4 people roastered? Was it different from V5?

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh yeah, podcasts are fun. We should do more of them.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmm. Today, I got a random idea.

What about if we'd do a 72 Hours AU RP or an BRIIAURP? Like, BRAURP just with new characters and new stuff?

What would you guys think about that? Which one would you prefer? Because I'd actually be interested to play in one of those. If not, I'd love to host one of those. Actually, I am playing with the idea of playing one of those in the "Other Roleplaying" Forum (because I'm not sure if I should even ask whether it could be a Mini or not, so yeah).

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, what were the reasons why it failed? I don't really know them. I just could randomly guess 3 reasons. V4 starting, the NPCs which were hard to handle and maybe it being the first Mini?

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh yeah, true. 72 Hours was a very, very long fan fic, I think it was longer than the BR novel. And I think it was very influential for SOTF in general as well (Some concepts seem to be influenced by them and the BKA also came from it.)

However, you don't necessarily have to read everything, actually. I could write a quick summary of every character? Or even better, I could just say in which chapters the characters appear and then the handlers who want to read them can just read the segments where the characters are. Well, yeah, the Endgamers obviously would take longer to read, but there are some characters that appeared in just a few chapters.

The no profiles thing is something that'd make things easier with the time having changed, I guess.

But yeah, I might do an interest check. If the handlers wouldn't like the idea (and prefer original settings and characters), obviously this wouldn't happen. But maybe there'll be interest.

Edit: Ninja'd
Edited by TwelveFourtyFive, Mar 22 2015, 03:10 PM.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I kinda want to see more Luz kids!

I really like the diverse cast as well! I dunno how V5 concepts looked like when it was in the stage we are now. I like the groups, like the tabletop group or the balletgroup, the baseballers or the family or many others. I think it'd be kinda cool, when some pre-groups might get a wiki page as well, like, The Entourage or Bloody Fists had one. I can see reasons why that might not happen, but yeah, just a random thought. In general I wanna see more group pages on the wiki, but I think I already mentioned it.

Damn, I drifted away. BTW, I don't think two characters having the same niche would be a bad thing. I think it'd be interesting to read, actually, as both characters would be written differently, but have the same niche.

Yeah, all concepts I've read so far are really interesting and I cannot wait to read them in game. I bet nothing will bore me. And I'm also curious which characters have not been revealed yet.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Man, this discussion is certainly interesting to read! And very insightful. But now that we have some amount of lawyer parents...do you think we could make some fun pregame threads where people sue each other?

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A random question:

What was your favourite villain vs. villain fight in SOTF?

Like, I liked the Raidon vs. Maxwell fight or the Hansel/Travis/Tyler three-way.

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really like Blair, because she is such an evil person and I will miss Irene and Lucilly, because they were written very well :c

Also, everybody involved in the trivia thread makes me hyped up for what is yet to come there. On one hand we have the chaos-bringing Caedyn, but we also have the cute, naïve Henry. The Gunfight U crew are also a bunch of characters I'm hyped about, especially Michael, as I'm looking forward what he's gonna do yet in pregame. I mean, starting pregame with Genesis is always a great idea.

Noah Whitley's also a very intersting character because of Pina, though I'm kinda interested what else could come. Jae's attitude is great and Ben Fields made me feel ;_;

Those were my spontanous thoughts/reply.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply