Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New General SOTF Discussion Thread; Yep
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 11:42 AM (21,079 Views)
Shangela
Member Avatar
Glitter, Whiskey, and a hefty dose of Harlotry
[ *  * ]
From what I've seen of the guys that have been mentioned, I wholeheartedly agree. I like the roster of characters that have received praise.

Typically I'm reading already deceased characters in order to catch up on their complete character arcs. Despite how short some of them are, I've seen a lot of good characters.

armageddonCounselor's Kaitlyn Williamson was a particularly well written character for such a short number of posts. I especially like how aC balances snarkiness with a realistic fear of death. It's a hard balance to strike with writing.

Imehal's handling of Carlon Wheeler was also fantastic. I love Imehal's vibrant writing. Even in scenes where Carlon isn't the primary character, the description of environment and setting added to a unique picture of the thread as a whole. Plus his naive nature wasn't shirked off, even though Carlon had seen quite enough to dissuade him from such a humanistic viewpoint on people.

There are a ton of characters that I'm dying to give a read, but I'm just waiting for them to die first :P

I'm in the same boat as NAFT. I wasn't here for v4, and just made it into v5, so I don't have a frame of comparison for this version over the last. The only thing I can immediately think of is that we're playing it safe in ther realm of rebellion, because v5 is much stricter with the escape rules. I'm not sure if we'll have any additional survivors than the ultimate winner of v5.
Posted Image
-Credit goes to the lovely and talented Payouni of DeviantArt
Take another drag, turn me to ashes
Ready for another lie?
Says he's gonna teach me just what fast is,
Says it's gonna be alright

NOTE:I'm always looking for helpful critique on my roleplaying. If you see something you like (or don't like) feel free to PM me. I'll only get better with the more advice you all give me~

V5

V6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
Glitter, Whiskey, and a hefty dose of Harlotry
[ *  * ]
Ciel
Mar 11 2014, 07:01 PM
If someone asked you to suggest a character of yours to read, which would you choose?
Oh goodness, to be honest, probably neither.
I have that stench of new writer on me, and my internal thought processes of how to manage the character arcs are reflected. If I had to choose one, I guess I'd choose Ben Ward.

He's a bit more consistent with being an unapologetic jerk, but doesn't have me trying to shoehorn goodness into his personhood as much as I did with Brianna.
Posted Image
-Credit goes to the lovely and talented Payouni of DeviantArt
Take another drag, turn me to ashes
Ready for another lie?
Says he's gonna teach me just what fast is,
Says it's gonna be alright

NOTE:I'm always looking for helpful critique on my roleplaying. If you see something you like (or don't like) feel free to PM me. I'll only get better with the more advice you all give me~

V5

V6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply