Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New General SOTF Discussion Thread; Yep
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 11:42 AM (21,080 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm starting to feel like I'm doing a crap job with V5, especially after the board crash, when I was beginning to make some progress in posting, but lost some steam when that happened. Was also supposed to move different areas with threads like before the crash, but that place is taken now.

Last week of college upcoming next week, so maybe I'll be able to recollect after that, cause I sorta feel disappointed at my own V5 so far. Maybe I should stick with the minis.

I'm also sad MW's Steven has to go. I missed it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Are location reservations a new fad thing now? Seems to be getting more common.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm currently reading all of the V5 I missed since the Server Crash happened.

I'll be giving some spotlight to some things I've read little by little, just because I like them - or something. Here we go. ^_^

Quote:

06:40Keaks I've been spending my night in bed, reading v5 on my tablet.
06:41Keaks It always starts off really slow to get my head into reading the stuff, but once I read enough I start getting into it really easily.
06:41Keaks And, I really liked what I read.
06:41Laurels Anything stand out?
06:41Ohm Hi Cake
06:41Keaks Yeah. I have a new favorite group.
06:41Espin Who?
06:42Keaks It started in "Meltdown" when all the original handlers dropped out and new handlers took their place.
06:42Keaks I think some of you guys know who I'm talking about now.
06:42Espin Ohh.
06:42Laurels Phoebe, Marcus, and Darren, right?
06:42Keaks That's correct.
06:42Espin They have lots of unreached potential, I feel, since they had such a slow start.
06:43Zarina :3
06:43Espin I think they could be pretty fun if they get off the ground though.
06:43Keaks Once they were replaced I noticed the jump in the narrative.
06:43Keaks It's wonderful.
06:43Zarina once the thread we're in right now picks up, I think it's going to get pretty good
06:43Keaks The group dynamic they have going on explained in the "Adam Eve Steve" thread is pretty interesting.
06:43Keaks I also simply just love their personalities as written currently.
06:44Keaks Phoebe, is just, entirely loveable.
06:44Keaks Marcus is better now in this incarnation.
06:44Keaks Darren, I like how him have his 'meltdown' really played up to the character and how it helped form the group dynamic they have now.
06:45Keaks I'm seeing good things for these three. As they're already excellent in characterization in my eyes.
06:45Espin Yeah, they could be a group to watch if they keep up a good pace.

Great job: Backslash, Mimi, Ciel.

It starts here in "Meltdown": http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7477692/1/#new
Then follows through in this thread currently "Adam & Eve & Steve": http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7487523/1/

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I just counted the number of threads/tabs I still need to read in order to be completely caught up with V5. It's nearly 50 still yet.

Gosh darn it, I even thought I made a good amount of catch up/progress, but looks like there's still a ton more. >.<

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright. My goodness, gracious me. Um, holy crap?

I just read both: Dissolved Girls and A Classy Place to Meet all in one single go. I didn't expect to see any of this and it hit something I really like. Aside from straight up action/suspense and crazy people, I also like the way they traveled the locations of the hotel fluidly putting the scenes together (I love doing/seeing this). Crazy Summer, is delightfully crazy and my eyes were wide reading and I don't know if it was appropriate to, but I was laughing at what was happening (Specifically at the Amaranta/Summer talk in the lounge) - in a good way, so that means I was probably enjoying myself. Alright, so major props. I love crazy chicks.

I liked the action of the kill scene itself too and the scene is not even done yet.

Talk about being immersed in the story too. I was super immersed in reading these threads together like that.

Sidenote: I think Amaranta Montalvo is becoming one of my favorite characters as well, as she seems to be picking up kills, but in a way where she's not really a player/villain either or a 'good guy' or avenger/player killer type, more reactionary and I'm liking it. Epic attitude too. Great job Ruggahissy.

Still more threads to read and I'll continue giving comments on stuff I liked.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've praised it before, slightly indepth, here (http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/single/?p=9082797&t=7478513), but the Amaranta/Summer betrayal scene with the subsequent boom in the next thread I think is quite fitting for what you ask, because even though it's good from a story perspective reading it and has been highlighted to death by this point, it still IC also hits on things that I would think would traumatized those kids at the start in an over the top way to boot.

In a way, I think it was a betrayal on both ends as well as a different perspective, not just the killer betraying a friend, but the friend rejecting the friend turned crazed killer as well. Then the ensuing conflict that followed the conversation. Terrorists enjoyed that one I think.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just remembered, I bought a computer microphone, finally. Not sure how well it works/sounds, but I can finally participate in one of those talking/discussion things about SOTF (Main/Mini/Pregame), if anyone ever plans to have one of those things again and I can adequately find some time that meshes well with you folks, darn timezones. Just let me know, because I'd love to. :]

EDIT: Didn't know there was a "Murdercast" during one of my absences, sad I missed it, because it's no longer uploaded for listening!

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What kind of pregame characters do you guys want to see (more of)?

jw.

Half asking cause I might want to incorporate stuff too.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Already had my fill of Affluenza affected rich kid with lawyer parents last time. Don't intend to do it again on this site. (Smiles!) : D

As for setting, I definitely 100% have taken setting into account with my planned ones since the concept thread. That's kinda why I decided to have a Mormon (Utah is right flippin there) Hispanic (Latin America is right there) kid with small town school spirit, two girls from blue collar families, one of whom quite particularly lower class, one boy who I would hope would be quite clearly Arizona+Southerny+Westerny with a Judge mother, another boy (African-American) I already wrote a profile for last time, who could fit just about any setting, and finally another girl, who doesn't quite fit as well as these others due to demographics not fitting too well, but profile that could work well just about any setting too.

Maybe I'll save some for later games so I don't leave any behind? Or maybe I'll leave them for you guys to adopt. Oops, I'm thinking to far ahead again. Should probably work on getting some of these in soon hopefully, when the large registration queue lessens more so I don't have to wait too long for each review. (Ooh I had a bonus 7th female character in mind, but we're not allowed more than six, so I'm still deciding!)

*wrote this all from my phone.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't know what I'm doing these days, but I'd like to try some SOTF once more. How do I play sotf again? :blink:

Some good pregame recommendations? Characters Profiles? Planning threads? Anything, bc I'm Rusty as Truck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply