Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New General SOTF Discussion Thread; Yep
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 11:42 AM (21,075 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What a fantastic way to end a version. Bravo to everyone involved!
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the important thing is that handlers write characters that they want to do, but at the same time make a conscientious effort to make them fit into the setting. I'm not saying they have to break down into tears if that proves hard to do, but great writing should feel natural, from both a setting perspective and for the person writing it.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I considered writing a phobia but I was too scared of the idea.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I find myself wanting to revive Nate Turner after going months without so much as giving him a post but also am completely stuck on his personality since Idk how to write for it. What do.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
it's a brilliant idea but i'd have to deny it.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
From a staffers perspective, I think profiles that manage to be succint but still convey all the necessary information are vunderbar, since they're easier to read, which means it's easier for other people to get an understanding of your character, whilst also making for easier and therefore faster critiques. At the same time, more detail USUALLY means richer characters, so I would never say to people 'don't put down this interesting background fluff just cause you want to keep the profile short.' provided it was generally interesting. 's a fine balance really, in my opinion.

course I prefer to write total doorstopper profiles when I can so who am I to judge.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, how about we do that thing where we don't insult people for no reason whatsoever?
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
B008: James Kelecks (V1), Brad Wilson (V2), Gabriel Theobaldt (V3), Peter McCue (V4), Alexander de Gaulle (V5)

B025: Cillian Crowe (V1), Preston Grey (V2), Evan Angler (V3), Liam Brooks (V4), Esteban Salazar (V5)

G050: Mallory DeLuca (V1), Jaime Dibenidetti (V2), Stephanie Evans (V3), Tiffany Chanders (V4), Rebecca Kiesling (V5)

It's a good excuse to refamiliarise myself with these characters and look for similarities.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The same observation room can see into two chambers at once; Yugi's layout is one observation room that can see into four.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply